Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Actually Playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri for Once

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Selathorn

Selathorn

Actually Playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri for Once Empty
PostSubject: Actually Playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri for Once   Actually Playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri for Once Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 6:44 pm

Yeah. I literally never played the game to completion that my current incarnation of my nation is based on for at least one year. I played as Morgan (the capitalist guy) and started on my own dinky little island and built my economy up and up and up while Yang (the communist/Eastern mystic/totalitarian/I don't even know what else guy) beat up Santiago (the militant faction), Lal (my avatar), and Deidre (crazy enviromentalist) for lunch money. At the end only Lal, Diedre, Miriam and I remained standing. Lal was stuck on his little ocean base while Diedre managed to flee onto an empty island, and Miriam got her own continent all for herself. I eventually won through Transcendence, the "canonical" victory, and I managed to research every technology in the game. At the end one of my minor cities produced the science of the entirety of the other factions.

I really do love this game Razz
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Actually Playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri for Once   Actually Playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri for Once Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 7:42 pm

Actually went through another playthrough. A second Transcendence victory, surprisingly enough, with Colonel Santiago of all things. It was a mostly peaceful playthrough as I mostly kept to my own island, but sometime in the midgame Diedre decided to be especially obnoxious and began to harass me with Needlejets from across the strait, destroying some of my noncombat units in the area. Eventually though I picked up the tech that allowed for support-free units and just spammed elite helicopters ad nauseum from my capital, all of them interceptors, so I became more than adequately protected. As in the other game, I probably could have tried to take over the world more directly by the midgame, but that took too much time and effort. I also could have gone for an economic victory by just getting scads of energy, but that would have been no fun.

Still baffled that I managed to play Santiago as a peacenik and succeed. At least she wasn't Miriam.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Actually Playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri for Once   Actually Playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri for Once Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 2:18 pm

I like the earth people the best. But I also do not understand this interface. This interface I do not understand. I do not understand at all.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Actually Playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri for Once   Actually Playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri for Once Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 2:29 pm

It gets better with practice Razz

On another note, have you checked out Eador: Genesis like I suggested once on Skype?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Actually Playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri for Once   Actually Playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri for Once Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Actually Playing Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri for Once
Page 1 of 1