Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Veridia Prime News Feeds

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime News Feeds Empty
PostSubject: Veridia Prime News Feeds   Veridia Prime News Feeds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:15 pm

OOC: I'm just going to mass all my news feeds into one topics vs. just making a new one everytime. I'm going to write them like newspaper articles, naturally though they aren't on paper but released via internet to citizen's personal PADD-like devices.

IC:

Veridia Prime News Feeds Dominionnews

THE DOMINION PREPARES FOR THE GREAT STAR TREK

PARADISUS NOVUM: The Triumvirate announced today initiatives designed to pushed Veridians into the stars. Given the last 100 years of success for the glorious Dominion, the Triumvirate announced that it will begin the development and mass-production of starships capable of carrying Veridians past the the home system of Nag.

"We stand on the epoch of a new era for Veridians and the Dominion itself," Triumvir Marcus Flaven told Counselors in a public meeting of the Quorum. "We have already made the first step outside our solar system and searched the world of our ancestors. Though that world no longer holds any mystery to us, holds nothing that we longer need nor desire, we are for certain there is much left in the galaxy that can make us stronger! We must take to this new challenge as our ancestors did centuries before us. Beholding a new world before them, they took the great trek across its terrain until at last nothing was outside of their knowledge. Now we must do the same with the galaxy, trekking across its star systems until at last nothing is outside our knowledge. We must discover its treasures and make known its evils and those who will call us foe. Now is not the time to hold our heads in the sand but instead hold out weapons at our side and prepare for worse while optimistic of the best."

Triumvir Flaven's speech was met with thunderous applause by his fellow Counselors and a new budget was successfully agreed upon by the Quorum. Under the new budget allocations, the Dominion's prestigious military will receive new funds just as new directives are being enacted over their duties to Veridia Prime. Since the rule of Julian Augustine, the military has been the symbol of order and the keepers of peace, ensuring old nation-state rivalries were not renewed during the fragile infancy years of the Dominion. Since that time the military prime directives have remained the same, ensuring nearly 100 years of peace. At testament to the dedication of the military to their directive, few question whether or not the military will be able to take on new tasks. To aid them in succeeding at their new task of planetary protectors, the military has been given the money to develop new defensive weapons. With the success of the Felicita, the military has announced that it will begin construction of a new starfleet of ships capable of protecting the Nag system.

However, while the new budget does indeed focus on the military and the new desire to further ensure the protection of Veridia Prime, its not all the budget ensures. A space station to orbit Veridia Prime's one and only moon has also been proposed for construction. oZ Corporate Enterprises, one of Veridia Prime's largest conglomerates announced that they were indeed in the running to win the government contract for the space station. Through their subsidiaries they believe that can construct the station in the fast time possible. However, other companies have also made bids for the construction job, including Volkov Dynamics, and the technology giant InviSoft. The proposition of civilian starships has also been made with companies proposing their own line of ships to the Dominion. The Dominion has commented that it will take all proposals seriously but make a swift decision on contract winners, stating they wish to begin construction as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Veridia Prime News Feeds   Veridia Prime News Feeds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:50 pm

(OOC: Heh. Star Trek. Nice choice of font, by the way.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Veridia Prime News Feeds   Veridia Prime News Feeds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:07 pm

(OOC: I did notice the "Star Trek" part and did a double-take Razz.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Veridia Prime News Feeds   Veridia Prime News Feeds Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:09 pm

(OOC: Does this mean we'll eventually see the Dominion War, with, of course, the Bastian Dominion? Razz )
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Veridia Prime News Feeds   Veridia Prime News Feeds Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:31 pm

OOC: Thanks, I like the courier type for news articles, gives it that classic feel Laughing As for the Dominion War...we'll see Cool
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Veridia Prime News Feeds   Veridia Prime News Feeds Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:06 am

Diplomacy Established with Centauri and Rheans

PARADISUS NOVUM:IN an emotionally charged speech to the assembled Quorum, Triumvir Marcus Flaven announced the establishment of diplomatic ties between the Dominion and the Planetary Governate of Alpha Centauri as well as the Confederated States of Rhea. The announcement marked a new point in Dominion history, showing Veridia Prime's power to reach beyond its own star system.

"Most esteemed, revered, and venerable Counselors of the Quorum. I stand before you today with an announcement that will undoubtedly set the tone for the next one hundred years of Dominion history," Triumvir Flaven remarked while speaking the the Quorum assembled, along with the rest of the Triumvirate by his side. "I am most proud to announce that, under our leadership, the Triumvirate has successfully established formal diplomatic relations with the Planetary Governate of Alpha Centauri, a human civilization not unlike our own which left Earth in search of a better future. Centauri now live among us, in the embassy afford them, and regular communications between us and their emissary has become common place now. They have afforded us technology which we will grow from, information we will grow from, and a political ally we can use going forward into the unknown galaxy!"

Met with thunderous applause, the Triumvir's speech outlined the diplomatic relations so-far established between the Dominion and the Planetary Governate, expressing the trade relations that have begun between the our two civilizations as well as the Triumvir's vision for a new galactic port which will serve as the home of the stargate as well as a point of entry for humans from other civilizations. Triumvir also remarked extensively on the information on the Galaxy with which the Centauri have so far traded the Dominion, information which has lead to contact with the Rheans. "It was through Centauri help that we've contacted another race within the Galactic community, a civilization of multiple races whose advanced technology will certainly help Veridia Prime flourish over time. The Confederated States of Rhea are a powerful galactic civilization who has expressed openness. Already we have worked out a deal with an industry from the Confederated States, Kuat Drive Yards. Their competition in ship building technology will not only strengthen our own fleet but also provide the stimulus to make our own shipbuilding companies stronger. The Rheans too will soon establish an embassy on our world as we do theirs. " The Triumvir continued, expressing the Triumvirate's intent on continuing to express across the galaxy and forming relations with those civilizations that best share Dominion ideals.

While pleasantly met by applause by the majority of the Quorum, not all Councilors were impressed by the Triumvir's speech. Critics of the Triumvir, and to a greater extent the Triumvirate in general, say that the Dominion is moving too fast and in a unclear direction. "While we are undoubtedly destined to move towards the stars, I feel Triumvir Flaven is dangerously opening our doors to species we simply know too little about," Councilor Justinus Geth told reporters shortly after the Quorum meeting was adjourned. "What do we actually know about either the Centauri or the Rheans? What proof do we have that either race has provided us with accurate information instead of false truth design to steer us towards oblivion? And to allow a foreign company access to our markets, we must think of the economic impact and not just the technological advantage. We simply can't trust them and I assure you I am not alone in this thought in the Quorum." While seemingly minority thoughts within the Quorum, Council Geth's sentiments are not lost among the greater population. While eager to learn more about the Centauri and Rheans, many Veridians hold great reservations on allowing them access to Veridia Prime as well as allowing foreign companies access to Dominion markets.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Veridia Prime News Feeds   Veridia Prime News Feeds Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:44 pm

(OOC: Wait 'til they meet the Bastians. Aliens that aren't humanoid at all and can barely speak English.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Veridia Prime News Feeds   Veridia Prime News Feeds Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:43 am

OOC: Laughing, where is this other Dominion by the way. I imagine we'll need to meet eventually Smile

oh and I'm not sure I said before, but I suppose as diplomacy progresses my news articles would be accessible to other race, most notably the Centauri and Rheans at the moment. SO feel free to write responses to these articles however you wish.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Veridia Prime News Feeds   Veridia Prime News Feeds Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 12:57 am

(OOC: I suppose it should be relatively close to Rhea. "South" by a thousand light years or so? I'll write a response to this article when I have time. Probably some time after I do the report for MT/PMT and reorganize the forum, which will be a while.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Veridia Prime News Feeds   Veridia Prime News Feeds Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 1:59 am

THE DOMINION BEGINS DEVELOPMENT ON WARP DRIVE

PARADISUS NOVUM:In a show of great patriotic support, crowds gather outside an airfield operated by the Asina Aerospace Company to witness the first flight of the Icarus, the Dominion's first warp capable ship. Designed to achieve a speed of 1 billion kilometers per hour, the ships designers believe the ship should travel the distance between Veridia Prime to its moon in approximately 1.34 seconds.

Veridia Prime News Feeds NX_alpha

"While warp drive is not an unknown means of travel in the galaxy, our drive is purely of Dominion design" Lead engineer Aquinas Maximus told reporters before the launch of the ship. "While our own scientists have had theories on the idea of warp drive, we seemed to lack the full understanding of mechanics to make their theories and reality. Luckily, our exploration into space thus far has open the Dominion to a plethora of new knowledge and understanding. With it, we've been made to redefine much of our scientific understanding and turn many of what were mere theories into scientific fact among our people. The Icarus shall serve as et another example of this and help to propel the Dominion into a new age of space flight."

Built within a Trinium frame, the Icarus will be powered by an experimental new Naquadria reactor to power the warp engine. Since the announcement of the launch, there have been many in the scientific community that have denounced the use of this new Naquadria reactor, stating that the instability in Naquadria when tapped for the amount of energy needed to power the warp engine could certainly cause an overload and destroy the ship entirely. However, these claims have been disputed and dis-proven by several scientists and engineers both with the Asina company and outside in the general scientific community. These fears were finally put to rest when at last the ships took off from the Asina airfield. Powered by traditional thruster technology, once the ship broke orbit the warp engine was engaged. Just as engineers had hoped the ship made the trip from Veridia Prime to Vera, a distance of roughly 384,400 kms, in roughly 1.3 seconds.

"The entire trip seemed to happen in the blink of an eye" Dominion test Pilot Alerio told reporters over the radio from the Vera space dock. "It was an intense experience but one I will gladly do over and over again in necessary to make this Dominion achievement a full success." The Icarus briefly docked with the station that only recently complete repairs following a terrorist attack, to check its system before re-launching and making the return trip. While government and military officials declined to officially comment on the tests, a spokeman for the Asina Company told reporters that "the Dominion is very interested in our work and I would not be surprised if we don't outfit our first starship with this technology in a year or so time."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Veridia Prime News Feeds   Veridia Prime News Feeds Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2013 3:49 pm

REORGANIZATION, RECONSTRUTION, AND EXPANSION

PARADISUS NOVUM:With galactic peace established the Dominion, in an unprecedented moved announced earlier today the dissolution of the Triumvirate following the filing of formal charges against Triumvir Marcus Flaven by the Quorum on accusations of treason.

"It has come to the attention of the Quorum certain practices and decisions made by the Triumvirate, most notable Triumvir Marcus Flaven, that contradict and even go against the fundamental laws of the Dominion" Paragon T'maekh Hwersuil told reporters. "With the galactic war over we look now at the future of the Dominion and what practices will best benefit our people as we progress further in becoming a galactic power. It is for that reason alone the Quorum has chosen to discontinue the practice and office of the Triumvirate. Instead, we have chosen to reorganize the office into the office of the Executor, a single individual appointed by the Quorum and accountable to the Quorum, to conduct the business of the former Triumvirate." D'Nal Jo'rek, a young Counselor from the Braxis region, has been appointed Dominion Executor and spoke briefly on the new position. "I am quite honored by the appointment from my fellow Councilors. We Veridians have just endure a great threat to our world but I promise the people that we will move forward and expand the Dominion's influence into the greater galaxy."

The government change was followed by an announcement that the Dominion is officially expanding its stellar borders. The Dominion has announced that official colonization will be taking place in two new planetary systems claimed by the Dominion. Both planetary systems lay along the outrim of the galaxy and contain planetary bodies which contain abundant resources the Dominion can use to help with reconstructive efforts. Though government officials failed to comment on an exact timetable for colonization, the Dominion did say that efforts would be doubled to finish repairs as well as restock the Dominion fleet in order to patrol the new areas it is claiming. Enlarging the stellar border of the Dominion is projected to not long bring new resources and jobs in the private sector, but many analysts believed that the increased concern over security and border patrol will also create a need for more personnel in the military forces, opening new opportunities there as well, opportunities that will allow Veridian citizens to serve the Dominion while also making a good financial investment in their future.

Reconstruction efforts through the fleet are already underway. The Dominion projects that under current labor conditions, a fleet necessary to sustain the expanded border will be ready in a months time. Production will then be reduce significantly to meet peacetime conditions while also meeting the demands of an expanding Dominion presence in the galaxy. The Dominion has also announced plans to construct a large space station near the edge of its stellar territory to serve not only the Dominion's diplomatic needs but also as a new and more secure point of entry into Dominion-held space

OOC: Executor is a working title for now, I may change it as I'm not completely sold on it.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Veridia Prime News Feeds   Veridia Prime News Feeds Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 5:38 am

(OOC: Sorry for the short reply I'm too tired to make a full elaborate post)

*The Ordenreich responds to the Dominion's announcements favorably and because of improved relations from recent diplomatic talks and fighting side by side in the recent war against the Hildenburen the Ordenreich announced that is was prepared to offer material aid to hasten the Dominion's reconstruction and was also willing to sell Element Zero in Dominion markets at below market value to allow quick rebuilding of the Dominion's infrastructure and fleet*
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Veridia Prime News Feeds   Veridia Prime News Feeds Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 1:26 am

DEFENSE A TOP TOPIC IN EXECUTOR'S ADDRESS TO QUORUM

PARADISUS NOVUM:In his first speech to the Quorum, Executor D'Nal Jo'rek laid out his plans for both the diplomatic and economic future of the Dominion. A major staple of his speech is the increase spending of Defense, including the construction and expansion of ships for the Dominion fleet.

"Since taking our first great trek into the stars, the Dominion has found that we are not alone in the galaxy. We've found that out beyond our small solar system lay a plethora of inhabited words, many of whom house species capable of space flight. From the militarily mighty Rheans, enigmatic Burnites, to the diplomatic Centauri, the galaxy has as many wonders as it has perils. However, above all other things we find ourselves awash in a sea of chaos and we alone are the last true bastion of order and prosperity in the galaxy. Let us not forget that we the Veridians, are a superior race in the galaxy. It was our genius that developed a weapon to topple the once powerful Hildenburen Empire. Yet, as I look at the Dominion now I find that we are still vulnerable. That is why I have come before this august body to make the cause that we must make changes. We must invest in our planet's defense industries, we must develop the starship and weapons capable of defending the prosperity and order which is the Dominion. We have the Velons to invest we need only now the courage to invest them and to show the galaxy our true ingenuity and power."

The Executor speech called for an increase in overall funding to the Dominion defense budget, a budget which is by far the biggest expenditure the government currently has. Among the various items being requested within the increased funding are the development of new starships, something that would completely transform the face of the Dominion's current fleet. However, while the main topic of the Executor's speech was centered on an increase in defense funding, he also touched on the Dominion's foreign policy. "While we have retreated behind our stellar border, let that not be a sign of weakness. While we have been physically absent from diplomatic situations across the galaxy, the Dominion remains vigilant. We continue to keep active on the changing chaos which is the galactic community, our listening posts continue to keep us informed and we maintain a watchful eye on the events that have unfolded. However, as we continue to rebuild and continue progress we must do so at a pace we can maintain, less we wish to run the risk of chaos. For now the Dominion must stay on its current course, we must remain quite but vigilant, ready to act but act only in defense."

A rather long speech for the first time Executor, it was greeted by general applause for the Councilors of the Quorum. After a brief question and answer segment, the body put the issues to vote. In a huge show of support, the Quorum voted in favor to raising the defense budget. The news of a significant increase in defense spending came with a resounding applause from members of the defense industry that had been in attendance of the meeting. In total, almost of the entirety of the proposed budget for the coming cycle was passed, with some provisions dealing with education and retirement being deferred to committees before a formal vote is cast. When asked, Executor Jo'rek said that he was pleased with the proceedings and applaud the Quorum for their decision. "Once again this most esteemed body has done its service to the people. The Dominion shall continue to gather strength to safeguard its citizens from danger and preserve the order it has created."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Veridia Prime News Feeds   Veridia Prime News Feeds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Veridia Prime News Feeds
Page 1 of 1