Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shadows and Secrets

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 9:53 pm

Teresa purses her lips. She hadn't expected Shein to ask for her opinion. "Well," she says, "I'm confident that Lucas wasn't lying when he said that they don't know who was behind the vampire thing. What I'm not sure about is the idea that getting more vampires involved is the right way to solve the problem. I'm not sure how we'll try to solve this on Burninandom."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

(Assuming that's all the conversation that Teresa had on Rutia; we can say this hasn't happened yet if necessary.) Teresa arrives back at Burnination. She immediately makes her recommendation to Thorgood.

"The vampires essentially said that they're not responsible, but they won't care if we deal with them any way we want," she tells him.

Thorgood nods. "You believe them?"

Teresa shrugs. "I don't know most of them. But Lucas hasn't lied to us before."

"OK," Thorgood says, "you have authorization to deal with the situation however you see fit."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:06 pm

On Rhea, they stop hunting down the vampires and send Emily Briggs, the resident vampire there, to spread the word that the hunt for them is over, provided they settle down and not convert more.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:53 am

It was on the Raptor really, not Rutia, but meh. After dropping Teresa off, they head back to Esoteric. They do pick up Esteban, Lucas, and David and head back to Dreva. Looks like they're getting the vamps involved in dealing with the situation there.

On Rhea, when the word spreads that the hunt is over, the vampires seem to settle down. They're still cautious, but they're not running and they're not fighting. The ugly ones don't really come out though. They seem content to hide. The others, Toreador, they're called, do come back to where they had been before.

Whomever is in charge of them there doesn't come out. The Esoterran vampires stay hidden.
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 11:35 am

On Burninandom, the ground hunts for vampires cease without any communication. The people of Burninandom are sent back to their homes and told that the situation is completely under control. The appearance of Teresa on the scene seems to have calmed the fear in their hearts. She became famous after the whole every Burninite collapses but her thing.

There are still armed men on patrol in Burninandom, but they're no longer actively hunting the vampires. Even if they see one, they just point Shruikens at it, and only fire if it comes closer.

Teresa gets the Spotlight to pinpoint all the vampires' locations from space.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 3:27 pm

Once the hunts seem to stop, the vampires on Burninandom seem to relax a bit. They go back to doing whatever they were doing before. Unfortunately, the insane ones are there, so for them, back to normal means pulling practical jokes. Some of those jokes have bad consequences. The other clan there seems to be the target of the jokes. Of course, this causes them to fight against each other. With all that infighting, they're not paying attention to whatever Teresa is doing.

On Selathorn, the vampires are still seeming coexisting fine with the mortals.

On Dreva, Lucas and David are both trying to find the culprits behind the whole thing there. Esteban is in the Citadel, coordinating from there.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 7:01 pm

The Toreador are left alone, mostly out of fear. Some entrepreneur, thinking it was a good idea, made a blood in a bottle vending machine.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 7:06 pm

Teresa reads the reports of the practical jokes being played between the vampires.

"Ma'am, we have finished locating all the vampires," a uniformed man says.

"Good. I'd have said leave them be, except that I told the people that we have this under control." She stops.

"Don't we?" The underling asked.

Teresa half-frowns. "Unfortunately," she says as she presses several buttons, "we do now."

The vampires are all beamed into the hold of the ship. Teresa set up a time dilation field within the hold so that every three days that pass in normal space/time, only 1 second will pass in the hold of the ship. In other words, the vampires won't even know what happened before they're beamed back out wherever Teresa decides to put them.

"So what should we do with them?" The underling asks.

"I'm thinking we could bring them back to Esoteric and beam them down somewhere. The only real question is, should I alert Lucas that I'm sending down some of his friends?"

"Who?" The underling asks. He's apparently a man full of probing questions.

Teresa frowns at the underling. "He's my favorite vampire."

That not being even remotely similar to the answer he expected, the underling leaves Teresa to ponder. In any case, the Spotlight arrives in orbit around Esoteric, but maintains orbit until Teresa decides on a course of action.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 9:29 pm

(OOC: Cloaked or uncloaked? And I need to know how you located all of them to determine if you got the older ones or not.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 9:42 pm

(OOC: We have life signs detectors. We know exactly the ratios of elements in Burninite bodies. Therefore, any humanoid forms operating with different elemental ratios are not Burninite. We've orbited Esoteric before; we know what they are for vampires. Teresa's ship isn't cloaked. It doesn't have the power to; it takes a lot of energy to operate a time dilation field.)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 9:45 pm

(OOC: Okie)

It doesn't take long before the ship is hailed. They may not have FTL capabilities, but they do have radar that can determine what's up there. It's a general hail of 'Identify your nation and purpose.' If they know what ship it is they're not making that clear.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 4:09 pm

"Teresa, they're hailing us," an officer comments.

"So they are," replies Teresa. The officer eyes Teresa sideways. I mean, that reply wasn't exactly explicit. Teresa pretends she doesn't notice the officer's questioning look.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

TO: Lucas

We've left you some of our mutual friends at the denoted location. They'll be trapped there for exactly 48 hours after you receive this message.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After beaming down everything in the hold, the ship leaves orbit and returns to Burnination.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 4:28 pm

To: Teresa, Burnination

Thanks. The perpetrators were taken care of. If there's any more of us there, then deal with them how you see fit, even if it's returning them to us.

-Lucas Montero

To: Dmitri

You got trouble, young man. There's six elder vampires there. Three from the Nosferatu and three from the Toreador. We would call them antitribu. You can call them just plain nasty. They stand for everything we're against. I can't tell you how to track them, unfortunately, because you're not a vampire. If there's any way you can scan for them, I'd suggest doing so. Be cautious when dealing with these individuals.

To: Selathorn

I've been made aware that you might have issues with vampires in your territory. I would advise caution when dealing with them. If they are currently peaceful, no action may need to be taken. If they are violent, I am willing to assist with the removal of these vampires.

On Dreva, the hunts for the vampires start up and everything goes to hell. It's clearly a war between mortals and vampires. Lucas is assisting the Rutians, though he's just one vampire against at least a hundred that have sprung up and there's more coming up every night it seems.

Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 5:29 pm

(OOC: I seem to have escaped the major fallout. Oops Razz)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:05 pm

Dmitri, upon receiving Lucas' message, facepalms and rubs his temples. "What more is this damn universe going to throw at me?"

To: Lucas

I've got Emily Briggs, our resident vampire, on the case. I'll be joining her soon, along with a few other metas and some really big spotlights.

-Dmitri

------------------------------------------------------------

That was understated. He has commandos searching for them, all with special spotlight mechanisms that activate upon sudden increases in heart-rate. The same goes with his Batmen searching with special anti-vampire equipment. He has a squad accompanying him and Briggs, along with Pariah, Mr. Olympus (super-speed, though not to Dmitri's extent, and lightning abilities), Jacqueline Frost (pretty much what it says on the can), and Flash-Freeze (speed and ice; this is Svetlana Klementieva, as originally mentioned in the Dreva thread).
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Were I you, I'd be looking in basements and other underground facilities or caves. Graveyard crypts might be a favored space as well.

-Lucas Montero

On Rhea, the new vampires are easily found. They're also not powerful. A couple have figured out how to hide in the shadows without being seen as long as they don't move and light doesn't penetrate the shadows. However, the first older one that's found, much by accident as she was out hunting, has Esteban's little ability of being able to draw attention and make herself more important than anything else. It allows her to escape. No other has been found as of yet.

On Dreva, one of the older Ventrue manages to get through the security at the Citadel. How this is managed is unknown. Doesn't seem to bother that one either. There's no resistance from anyone inside. Again, strange. This vampire gets through to Shein's room deep underground. It would appear that Shein is sleeping as the vampire approaches him. The vampire strikes, but meets empty air as Shein moves faster than he should be able to. The vampire hisses before going on the attack. Obviously, it was a trap set for the vampire. Not Shein, but Esteban. No wonder they kept his presence there hidden. The fight is fierce, but Esteban prevails. He might be younger, but he's had a great teacher in Lucas. Lucas didn't even have to intervene. Once the enemy is ash, Esteban slides down the wall to check his own injuries. All in all, it's not that bad. Nothing he can't heal over a day.

Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 9:50 pm

To: Lucas Montero, Esoteric

We thank you for your willingness to assist us but they seems to be peaceful, if somewhat quirky. We will notify you if they ever do turn violent, however.

Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Daa
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:24 pm

New vamps are left alone, though they are asked if they've seen or have any information on the older ones. Upon Lucas' advice, that is where the commandos and Legionnaires start searching, as well as Dmitri's group. Big lights and bright energy weapons.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:19 am

The energy weapons don't do much, but those lights will work fairly well. If they have the right UV intensity, they'll send up vampires in smoke. Otherwise, they'll send them running for darker places. The new vampires actually have no clue, and being faced by the potential for lights, they have no reason to lie. They really may not know where the older ones are.

Again, only one is found. It's not the same as before. This one would appear to be a young man. Two now that are not downright ugly. Two of the Toreador. None of the Nosferatu. The Toreador young man also has Esteban's talent with Presence and attempts to use it to get the lights switched off before he's ash.

To: Andreus Aaron

Quirky how?

-Lucas Montero

Arren has gone out to join the groups looking for the vampires. He's left Shein with Esteban for now. Lucas is with Arren since he's been identified as another target.

Kennah is off world with all the children. Shein isn't risking any of them. He's also remaining hidden in the Citadel.

I hear Lucas has been in touch. We've hunted down several of them already. Well, Lucas has anyway. They were definitely after me. It's a good thing Esteban and I look so much alike. The dumb ass really thought Esteban was me and tried to attack him. I've never seen a fight like that. Not sure I want to see it again. Esteban ripped my would be assailant to pieces. Anyway, Lucas and Esteban did some calculations and think that there are five older ones here from each clan. Ten total. He's pretty sure you've got the same number. Once they get ten new vamps, they can start the ball rolling on doubling, then tripling their numbers. I don't know what he suggested to you, but what I've been doing here seems to work. We've been eliminating the younger ones. They're then forced to repopulate. We just track where they're coming from. Lucas goes in for the kill at that point.

Good luck!

-Shein

To: Thorgood; Jenova

Lucas tells me you're missing all the fun and how you missed out. Can you send me the information on what you did or maybe come get these bastards off my planet? I'll explain later. Just warn me if you do help us since we have two friendly ones here, Lucas and Esteban.

-Shein
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:48 pm

To: Shein

Damn it. I've tried to do this without eliminating any of the young ones but interrogating them doesn't seem to get me anywhere. The only luck we've had is when we have our resident vamp look with us. We've found two so far but they both got away. Hagen swears that the next time he finds one, he's not going to give it a chance to react: leap on it, break its hands, glow like Hell, clamp it down with constructs, and let the icy people do their work to keep it in place.

Dmitri

----------------------------------------------------

True to his word, he does that to any vamp he sees, though he'll let go if Briggs confirms that it's not an elder one.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:14 pm

To: Lucas Montero, Esoteric

They are normal enough at day, seem to get some kind of animalistic trait when they are angry, and go missing and return a bit later at times. I'm not too sure as to what this means, though, but I don't believe anyone has been harmed by them.

Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Daa
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:47 pm

To: Andreus Aaron

They're called Gangrel. If you want my advice, designate a state park or something to be their territory. I don't think they'll turn violent toward you. They're pretty aloof on Esoteric. Never been trouble. But then again, the ones elsewhere have turned violent. I think if you don't bother them, they won't bother you. Don't quote me on that though. I didn't expect this from the others that went to other worlds either.

-Lucas Montero

From what I understand, the older ones can do things that might stop your people from acting. Even Lucas doesn't seem completely immune. He just reacts faster than they do. He's still offering his help if you need it.

-Shein

On Dreva, after Lucas sent off his message, he scrambles up to a high point. They'd located a potential elder hideout. Once the Rutian troops smoke out the vampire, Lucas fires a wooden arrow from up high. It hits and the vampire is down, but not out. Seconds later, a second, then third, vampire flees from the building. Lucas moves quickly to fire two more arrows. Both hit their targets. After the building is clear, Lucas comes back down. He calls David over, the other vampire that came with them.

David looks at the three, then takes a sample of blood from all three. After a moment, he nods. "They're Tremere." He looks to Lucas. "I'd say we just hit their Chantry. I don't know if they have another one around here though."

Lucas nods, then looks to the soldiers. "Hang them up from the trees. Do not disturb the arrows."

The soldiers hesitate. One speaks up. "We can't just leave them here."

"They're not going anywhere. Your government petitioned for our help in getting rid of them. By our laws, they are guilty. Hang them up from the trees. The sun will take care of them later. Remove the arrows and you're likely to get your throat torn out." Lucas starts to walk away.

The same soldier looks after Lucas. "Will they feel it?" Fair question. The three look like they're dead.

"Yes. They will." Lucas shrugs. "They'll feel it as they burn." He doesn't look at all bothered by it. "They'll see the sunrise and feel their flesh go up in flames. A quick death is not something they have earned." He turns and looks at the three, rather blankly. "They're likely terrified right now too. They know who I am and what I can do." He pauses, then smiles at the three immobile vampires. "They're likely reliving their worst nightmares right now too."

David rolls his eyes. "Did you have to do that?"

"No, but it's fun." Lucas giggles, then disappears into the night.

David sighs and follows after Lucas.

The soldiers hang the vampires up from the trees.

On Rhea, the elders seem to be aware they're being hunted down. They keep out of sight now. It's going to be harder to find them. The same woman that was found earlier and escaped is found again. She uses her ability again. The breaking of the hands doesn't phase her. The glowing, however, does. It distracts her so badly that she can't focus enough to keep her ability going. She's ash.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:34 pm

The offer is accepted, though he'll need a suit to protect himself from Pariah's glow. Briggs can because she's somehow immune to this. I don't know how and neither does she.

Dmitri

Last edited by Panzersharkcat on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:03 pm

He won't agree to go if there's going to be someone glowing around him. He remembers what they can do and he's got a healthy level of respect for them. In other words, he doesn't want them around him.

Can't say that I blame him. Their glow can kill him. He can track them. He'd be willing to track them, immobilise them, then let you deal with them however you want once he's out of the way, but he's not willing to hunt with anyone who glows.

-Shein

Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:23 pm

James agrees. Lucas would be more valuable on the team than him. He's going to go off in space for a bit.

Dmitri
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:39 pm

We're working on getting what he believes to be the last of the elders here. We'll drop him off when he's done here.

-Shein

On Rhea, things are slow going with the hunts for the elders. Only one has been caught and killed so far. The rest are getting smarter it seems.

On Dreva, another group is found. Four this time. Four arrows later and Lucas has them all dropped. A fifth comes stumbling out, but Lucas doesn't shoot this one. He's frowning. He drops to the ground in a crouch and looks across the way. "Well, don't you look like hell."

"I feel it too." The fifth one says.

Lucas straightens up and looks toward David. "Check them."

David comes over and repeats the same actions as before. "They're Tremere. Either they sent more than we expected or they sent a lot more of them than the others."

Lucas suddenly looks toward the fifth. "Now this is very interesting. Stop it or you're going to meet a very messy end."

"Shein won't like that." The fifth looks away.

"He can affect us?" David stares at the young one wide eyed.

Lucas nods. "Your theory was correct." He walks over to the fifth. "When did they grab you?"

"Earlier. We got jumped by them. The rest of my group was taken down and I was dragged off."

"Well, fuck." Lucas nods after a moment. "Let's get you to the Citadel." He scrambles back up to retrieve his bow and arrows before dropping back down to the ground and heading for the Citadel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shadows and Secrets   Shadows and Secrets - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shadows and Secrets
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next