Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Survivalist School

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:22 pm

(OOC: Continued from the old forum. Last three posts are included in this one)

Rutianas:
Arren glances to Dmitri, then nods once. "My neighbor's pet. It was pissing me off when I was four. It dropped dead in front of me. My parents contacted the military and they tested me by having me try and kill another animal. I refused and they kept at me until one of them had a heart attack. I was removed from my home and taken to the base where they keep all the deadly psions. I've never really gotten over it." He's focused again on finding the water. "Just be glad your gift won't kill someone if you get pissed off enough."

Back in the main cavern, Shein just keeps on with the meat. He's found some rock salt, so he's using that to keep the rest of it from spoiling quickly. "You know, I think we may just be fine here until the rest of the week is up. At least I hope so."

Panzer:
"I am. Nearly happened with this guy called Green Apple back home. Somebody kept offering him lemonade. Damn near knocked his head off."

(OOC: Green Apple is one of my joke characters. A combo of Dr. Manhattan, Green Lantern, Plastic Man, and Captain Atom. Named himself that because he turned green and he really likes apples. He's allergic to citrus, though, especially lemons.)

Burn:
Glock helps Shein with whatever shenanigans he gets up to, and ensures that all ten of his toes remain stub (and splinter) free!

(OOC: My turn next, here it is)

Arren nods to Dmitri. "Interesting." He smiles faintly. "I'm just glad I learned to control my talent. I can actually push just enough to give someone a minor stroke instead of killing them. I can also direct it so I can knock someone out without any ill effects. I've had to do that to Shein a few times."

Back in the cavern entrance, Shein is actually being pretty good. He's just making sure everything is okay. Checking outside every now and then for predators. "Weather looks like it might turn bad." He tilts his head to the outside. "Also, this place has two suns. We're probably in the Devor system. Second planet, maybe. Not completely sure, but I think I remember reading about the second planet having high volcanic tendencies."
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 6:46 pm

Dmitri laughs at the thought of Shein being knocked out. "Anyway, the GA was killed when Dr. Chemo bombarded him with flying robotic lemons. Bad way to go."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Glock scratches his chin. "Weather problems eh? You said you can never stay in the second shelter you find for some reason? Well, underground caves + a lot of rain = drowning."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:18 pm

Arren glances at Dmitri at the laugh. "He was hurt and moving him awake would have been bad. I've thought about doing it when he won't shut up, but he'd probably kill me later." He shrugs, then shakes his head at the mention of flying robotic lemons. "I'd probably be pretty freaked if I saw those too. It's not something I can kill."

Shein nods to Glock. "That's a concern. It's possible that it could be why we can't stay here. The ground slopes more downward outside than inside. I'm hoping the rain won't cause a problem here. The first place is never a good place to stay. The second, not necessarily. Depending on where you find, it might be good, might not be. If we stay right here, it might be okay. If we go further in, maybe not." He glances outside. "Of course, the storm could miss us." He doesn't sound too hopeful at that though.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:32 pm

"Well, they were designed specially for GA. Bad things happen when information like that gets into the hands of your enemies."

(OOC: Was going to mention lightsabers and superspeed since I forgot for a moment that his speed was not fully developed and lightsabers don't come in until Blackest Day.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:34 pm

"Speaking of storm," Glock says, "We should at least make an effort to harvest some water from the rainfall I think. Until it gets too windy anyway."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:14 pm

Arren nods. "True. Very true." He shakes his head. "Like Shein's abilities." He shuts up suddenly.

Shein glances to Glock. "Feel free to try. It's going to have mixed with the ash though. You'll get muddy sulfuric water most likely. No way to treat it." He checks again outside. "I think we're better off staying here for right now."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:28 pm

He decides not to press further on the topic of Shein's abilities. "How much further do you think until we get to water?"
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:29 pm

"Hmm, good point," Glock says, "and we conveniently don't have any filtration systems. Whatever."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:37 pm

Arren shrugs. "Who knows." He pauses and listens. "Sounds like it's coming from all over." He sighs. "Damn. If you could control that talent, you'd have these caves checked in no time."

Shein nods to Glock. "Exactly. So, if they don't find water, we'll have to pack up and move. Only good thing with the rain is that it'll wash the ash from the air. It won't be as dangerous to move then. Just tricky with how slick it'll be."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:50 pm

"I'll try again." It somewhat works. He's able to run along at roughly thirty miles per hour, but he is exhausted by the effort.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:21 pm

(OOC: Pass)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 10:16 pm

Arren nods as Dmitri tries again. "Good. Keep practicing with it. It's the only way you'll get control over it." He probably had to practice to get control over his own ability, so he probably knows what he's saying.

Shein just keeps on checking on the storm. When it starts to rain outside, he calls out for Arren and Dmitri. There's no alarm in his voice though. It's clearly not a cry for them to come help with a big critter that wants in.

Though once the rain does start, a few small animals do seek shelter in the cave. None seem hostile and Shein doesn't seem concerned, so there must be no threat. If the animals are seeking shelter here, it must be safe. Right?
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:57 am

Well, I can see several problems with that statement off the bat, but we'll not go into that.

"Yick!" Glock says, "I hate rats."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 6:36 pm

He nods to him and turns his head when Shein's voice reaches him.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:14 pm

Arren also looks back, but he doesn't look alarmed. "He's not calling for help. Must be something wrong, but nothing we have to run for." He looks at Dmitri. "You want to head back and I keep going? Or should we both just go find out what he's calling about?"

Shein smirks at Glock. "Rats aren't that bad really." He looks at the critters that have come in. "They look scared of us more than aggressive."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:17 pm

"The feeling's mutual," Glock says, eying a rodent with a particularly large set of teeth.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:03 pm

"I'll go back and look."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 5:32 pm

Arren nods. He takes out his knife that he managed to keep and scratches on the cavern wall. "I'll leave arrows to show where I'm going. That way either you can find me or I can find my way back."

Shein nods to Glock. "Yeah, I know." He chuckles to himself. "They're definitely not domesticated ones."

The critters don't approach. They keep to themselves. It does look like they're not aggressive.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 5:33 pm

(OOC: Pass)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 5:58 pm

Dmitri arrives at the cave entrance. "What's going on? Did Shein stub his toe?"
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:11 pm

"NO!" Glock replies, "I MAKE A GREAT BABYSITTER."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:22 pm

Shein just shakes his head and smirks. "No, but we've got company." He points to the critters that have come in from the rain. "And it's going to start storming. I think we're okay here though." He looks at Dmitri. "Where's Arren?"

Yeah, a shout comes from back down the passages. No telling what's wrong. If it were something Arren could just kill, he'd have done so. Right? Whatever's going on, something spooked Arren enough to shout in alarm.

Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:28 pm

"He went on to explore further while I went back to check on you. I'll go back. See if I can move fast again." He runs off, following the arrows Arren made.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:42 pm

Glock sighs. "Of course, all of MY friends want to run TOWARDS the cries of alarm."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Survivalist School Empty
PostSubject: Re: Survivalist School   Survivalist School Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Survivalist School
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next