Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Proposals for Retconning Earth

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Proposals for Retconning Earth Empty
PostSubject: Proposals for Retconning Earth   Proposals for Retconning Earth Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 2:34 am

I want to get Rut's imput on this as well since it also affects her. The gist of it is that I'm no longer satisfied with having a giant space-filling empire in Greater Switzerland. While it was fun as a joke, it frankly stretches disbelief that they'd have recovered to modern living standards, not to mention spreading so far and wide. What I'm suggesting is that we have an off-screen, so to speak, time travel incident involving the Flash which ends up massively rewriting history. The biggest change on Earth is that the Swiss Empire never comes into existence. While Switzerland was not hit as hard as the rest of Europe, it still lost a lot of lives. Most of the population managed to survive the immediate bombing due to a (real-life) government policy from the 1960's onward requiring every household to build a nuclear bunker that's up to standards. However, many starved to death after their food stores ran out and many others left to seek more fertile ground elsewhere, resulting in the Swiss Diaspora. The areas in Germany, France, and Italy around Switzerland are known as Greater Switzerland for that reason. The Helvetic Confederation, Switzerland's post-War government, has managed to do decently but is still fairly weak and unable to conquer its neighbors. What I want is roughly based on this map, since there are further changes I want to make to it, but modified to include our RP nations. The main RP nation I will play as is Novus Imperium Romanum, a post-apocalyptic Byzantine Empire that's about a decade older than the NCR. They're the second-most powerful in Europe, the first being the Soviets.
Spoiler:
Superhero stuff is generally gone. Batman exists but as Baruch Wane, a Jewish man fighting the Nazis in Berlin as the Berlin Batman. Superman was in Pennsylvania raised by an Amish settlement but he was killed by the Enclave and the Derscons since in this universe, he is only as strong as the Golden Age Superman. No flight or heat vision or other stuff like that. The Derscons were recruited into the Sinestro Corps but were later expelled. Reign of the Supermen never happened since Daxamites, as relatives of Kryptonians, wouldn't be able to do any of the stuff modern Superman can do. The Flash himself never gains his powers so he never becomes the Flash. Wonder Woman is on P'Taria, where Themyscira was moved to by the Greek/Rutian gods. In general, pretty much all of Earth's superheroes except Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Green Lantern are gone. Darkseid is still around but he has yet to make any moves in this reboot, which frees me to bring him in for an RP if I feel like it. Hurray for a god of evil who can slug it out with any of the Greek/Rutian gods. And obviously, since there's no Swiss Empire, the Olympics threads never happened. So yeah, thoughts on this idea for a retcon? I can elaborate on most of the European states if needed. China and whatnot will likely be replaced by Alanda and Alexia.
So basically, if we go through with this retcon, we can also use this thread to try to sort out a rough history of events.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Proposals for Retconning Earth   Proposals for Retconning Earth Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:47 pm

I wouldn't mind. but I'm really not sure if starting MT/PMT RP up again is really that good of an idea. I wasn't all that involved originally, and I don't think I would be now. I prefer to keep the focus on solely FT for now.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Proposals for Retconning Earth   Proposals for Retconning Earth Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 2:34 am

Well, there are some changes that affect the FT stuff but it mostly affects MT/PMT. What it does affect a bit is Dmitri but I'll go into that in a later RP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposals for Retconning Earth   Proposals for Retconning Earth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proposals for Retconning Earth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: General :: General-
Jump to: