Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

In the universe, anything can happen (private)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sacae

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:04 am

*Order Admiral Nelacar was sitting in the hanger casually observing the Tantalans. He was quite irritated as he should have been relieved of duty for the day two hours ago but then all this first contact garbage started. He was hoping the Arcanii Network would kindly hurry the hell up so he could finally be told what to do with the Tantalans. They looked like humans and that was enough for him to get angry at the fact they were being enslaved... if it was true. He was just about to head up to the bridge when he got a priority message from O.S.S.C. Livenstein. He sighed in relief sure that this was finally an order on what to do with the human like aliens. What he got however surprised him sightly. He walked down to where the Tantalans were loafing about and pulled over the presumed leader of the group.

Nelacar: Well well, Tantalans. I got good news and slightly bad news. The slightly bad news is that the Arcanii Network ship still hasn't reported back on its findings so I have no updates on whether you will receive our direct aid. The good news is that our civilian and military branches of our government have passed a bill that pretty much turned our entire territory into a free economic zone. I won't bore you with the details but its laws basically state that I can no longer legally hold you in custody. You have done nothing illegal by this new law or any of our old ones so I have no reason to hold you or your crew anymore. You are all free to go. My command has authorized me to leave you some party favors for your fight. They are in your, what we presume to be, cargo bay. They are yours to use as you see fit. Any questions?

[OOC: The party favors are crates filled with seeds for crops that the Ordenreich's predecessor, the Sacaen Teutonic Order, genetically engineered to resist radiation. Though they aren't completely immune. You can grow them in low radiation areas. The Sacaen Teutonic Order developed them because one of their enemies bombed them with nukes so they had to live in radiation prevalent areas for a time. Also some crates contain Ordenreich weapons and power armor (Halo weapons using mass effect heat sinks and spartan armor from halo respectably). The last few crates contain unmarked Kaiser super heavy tanks (Basically mammoth tanks from Command and Conquer 3 but only one turret head instead of two and it fires shells that are equivalent to mini nukes fired from fatmans from Fallout) all the military gear is unmarked too. One, so they aren't "Ordenreich" military equipment and two you can personalize them as you see fit]
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:28 pm

Commodore Ayub-Stinley's dark eyes glinted from watching the bright flicker burn a hole through the derelict traffic sign. His lips seemed to quiver in one corner out of anxiety.

"How many people in this galaxy have access to these kinds of weapons? I mean, surely your people are not the only ones with access to man-portable laser cannons, are they?"

Above Andri's shoulders inside a scorched-out catwalk, two Tantalan soldiers seemed to join the scene as they watched the activity below, one of whom seemed to whisper nervously to his friend when Andri's quiver reversed into a smile.

"Your demonstration is most impressive, Colonel Vinci, especially given that our sharpshooters will [b]benefit most from these rifles and that our boys & girls may have something to protect themselves from the plumes of gases our nemeses seem to revel in." Andri rubbed the top of his left hand semi-consciously: A closeup examination would notice bleaching of the skin protecting his knuckles as discolored skin peppered the top of his hand. "Unfortunately for us, that time may be somewhere tomorrow: A simple observation and hearsay will tell you that the Aurelians are plotting something big. Their ships strangle our skies and keep close watch on their warp ring, assailing any passing vessel which seeks to land on our world in search of their experimental vessel our agents seemed to steal before your people met them. Meanwhile, what we can do is pretty straightforward: After you sort your men and women by specialty, they will be dispatched to assist five units which lie south of the Twilight Sectors- those regions which are held neither by my men or the Red Devils, but rather by troublemaking groups unified under the DRRT banner. However, it is not our best interest to eliminate them but instead spare them for whatever the Aurelian bastards have in store for us..." Cmmd. Ayub-Stinley glanced towards the portal from which he brought his men and tilted his head forth.

"It is best if we proceed to the war room, but first it would be wise if you turned in a roster of your team, Colonel Vinci, containing both their names and specialties."

---

"Your hospitality alone has helped us, sir," Gieffrei began with an earnest smile as he extended an arm for a handshake. "Before we leave, however, I suppose there is one further question I would like to ask: Are there any reputable universities in the galaxy? And if so, would it be too much to ask for another star map based on your civilization's galaxy coordinate system with the locations labelled on the deal? On our way back, we need more information on galactic affairs, technological developments and possible routes which will save us invaluable time."

---

Within half an Astronomical Unit away from Tantalus, the stealth frigate's sensors would be able to pick up a lesser, bizarre mass which seemed to give off neutrino radiation higher than the galactic background average… Most evidently the signs of particle decay possible in warp gate production.

"Zzzzzt… Month 6, 2622: We are under attack. Organize all bands to take cover! … Month 6, 2622: We are under attack-"

At least on one band, something resembling a beacon hail would appear on the stealth vessel's radio receptors: Of all the alien transmissions going on, this was as close to the Holy Grail as a message's validity could, since the time stamp never changed at the signal's appendix. Perhaps it was worth honing in on this band range to pick up further signals.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:00 pm

Nelacar: Of course. We really would not have been able to build a ship of this size without higher education now would we?

*Nelacar smiled as he brought up his datapad and access the requested information. He stood next to the Tantalan known as Gieffrei and showed him the galaxy of Korel*

Nelacar: We are here.

*Nelacar pointed slightly south of the most southern colony in the Ordenreich sphere*

Nelacar: This whole circle is the Ordenreich sphere of influence while the other ones are other empires we have made contact with. The Centauri are here which I assume you made contact with because my men detected some Centauri tech in your ship. Every one of our major colonies and core worlds has universities. Colonies like the one we are close to here, New Novgorod, only has a small university dedicated to teaching the colonists the essentials to living on that world. Farming techniques, mining, engineering, etc. These universities are the ones you want to go to if you wish to learn Ordenreich farming, mining, and engineering methods. The further in you go to our sphere the more sophisticated our universities become. Our major mining colony at Rhinelander specializes in experimental mining techniques. Like using nuclear devices to crack a planet's core and cause a planet to fall apart so we can get to metals more easily. Our environmental university at Geck 2 investigates new methods of terraforming. If you have any environmental disasters like radiation or such that university probably has the knowledge necessary to fix that problem. In the core worlds there are more generalized universities that cover a variety of topics like math, economics, biology, etc, etc. Also at our homeworld of Livenstein we have the Order Library which has been chronicling every piece of the Ordenreich's history and they even have books pertaining to our predecessor civilization, the Sacaen Teutonic Order, from before we came to our new home world... yes we are technically refugees from another world. The Order Library even has knowledge of the First Order. The Teutonic Order from which the Sacaen Teutonic Order and finally the Ordenreich came from. It isn't knowledged we scavenged, most of it we recovered thanks to the Centauri who had records of our original homeworld's history, Earth.

*Nelacar pulls out an ID card and slips it into his datapad. He is silent for a few moments as the ID card is worked on by the datapad then he pulls it out and holds it out to the Tantalan.

Nelacar: This keycard will give you full access to the knowledge of these universities. Obviously classified things will be denied to you but most of the knowledge you seek can be accessed with this card.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:24 pm

Colonel Vinci nodded, and said, "But of course. A copy of my roster will be with you in a second: there are some five hundred soldiers under me in total. Sergeant Ahmed, could you- ah, there we go."

She takes out a sheath of papers printed on duriplast, what has replaced paper for what few hardcopy documents remain, and hands it to Commodore Ayub-Stinley.

"That should be it. I will be glad to join you in the war room, and to execute whatever plans you might have in store. And as for your earlier question about these laser rifles, I have to say that the opposite is true. Lasers are quite ubiquitous in the Korel galaxy, as I've discovered. Though our militaries have generally transitioned away from them to tachyon or plasma weaponry like what I hold in my hand, there are many militaries whose armaments are primarily laser-based. If you would perhaps like to obtain the schematics for such the manufacture of such weaponry when this bloody struggle has passed, there should be no difficulty in doing so. We would gladly provide your people what technology we can, though even ours is inferior to that possessed by our planetary government's."
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:44 pm

What? Earth? But we've never heard of them in our hist- Oh. Fucking Red Devils trashed up our archives. Explains it here, thought Gieffrei, but his smile somehow remained firm as he received Nelacar's card.

"When our conflict ends in our favor, we will have to pay a visit to see what's going on in the galaxy. Until then, however, we must speak with our superiors and reestablish contact." Gieffrei slid his card into an empty external pouch and fastened it. "We will have to consult our vessel's inertial guidance system modules to locate our system's area, but that is no concern. I believe that our vessel is flightworthy after the repairs we've received."

And so Gieffrei turned and ascended the closing boarding ramp which no longer belied steam whence the hydraulic pistons pushed up the fleshy base into its seams. The chitinous hull vibrated as its ascent thrusters hummed online and slowly pushed the transport forward until it taxied out of storage and into the activity deck. Samsir, having long boarded the vessel minutes before Gieffrei, was seated at the copilot console speaking into the hailing radio transmitter.

"This is the D'tyzkin Corsair to Ground: Requesting permission for takeoff, over-"

"Samsir! Did you make contact with-"

"The capacitors were discharged during maintenance," Samsir responded with haste as his fingers sprayed commands onto his terminal screen. The fission-powered Alcubierre projectors were online, and thus Samsir let the D'tyzkin Corsair hold position as it hummed in the main area. "Also, Irdin's found some new stuff placed into our hold. By far, we received some stocks of plant seeds, more weapons, and three crates of something big."

Gieffrei shook his head and took his seat.

"Once the electronics are spared their minute amounts of juice, take us out of here. I'll relay the message."

"Yessir."

---

"Schematics for such devices would be preferable. At least, we can have something to work with when we rebuild."

The group would find themselves following Andri into a dank stairwell pepper marked with corrosion spots on the rails and steps. Overhead LED lights encased in osmium-alloy cages gave what limited light they emitted to illuminate the musty tiling that ended before another metal door: This was three stories underground at least, and the chilly atmosphere would get at anyone unaccustomed to cold, humid air.

Inside, the briefing room appeared somewhat cozy with a full row of chairs lining one edge of an ovoid table which dominated the area. Illumination came from four LEDS which shone hyperbolic arcs of light down their walls, letting enough light to shine for observers to notice the stacks of diskettes, diagrams and stains polluting the table surface affixed with a central intercom.

"Please take a seat. I'll deliver the roster down the chain of command until your troops receive the order to report in. Until that, we must continue with our discussion, when we left off with the DRRT. They are another group opposed to the Aurelians, but are a nuisance when our men are concerned: As your people travel through the Twilight areas, they need to be aware of every footstep they hear, or that spooky clattering of shrapnel which blows down from our aging ruins from time to time: The DRRT is always looking for trouble, although not necessarily to the same degree as the Aurelian bastards."

Cmmd. Ayub-Stinley flipped through several diagrams until his fingers arched down against a pinpoint region fifty degrees south of the base's current location and another two degrees East. Thick lines zigzagged about the equator- one section as far north as the twenty-degree latitude, actually- with varying hues of gray surrounding the edges as if to signify uncertainty.

"The region I point at contains a cell of our operatives maintaining an eye on the local Aurelian community. Weeks ago, five of our members died in a firefight with Aurelian soldiers, forcing the local chapter to evacuate its base fortified somewhere uptown. Of course, those Red Devils chased off the survivors and holed up in our base yonder, where they continue to host operations which intrude northward. Intel holds that a massive supply caravan is passing through our formerly-held area, giving us an opportunity to disrupt their plans. Problem, however: We expect equally critical numbers of enemy personnel guarding both flanks. And Aurelians being Red Devils, they are likely drawing cannons in tow, all of which are probably loaded with toxins."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:22 am

Colonel Vinci nodded, and replied, "We're prepared for toxins. The filtration systems on our armor has been tested quite thoroughly, and there has yet to be a significant breach. We'll see if we can't disable this toxic weaponry from a distance. Besides that, is there any more that I must be briefed on, or is that it?"
Back to top Go down
Sacae

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:57 pm

*Nelacar watched as the Tantalans departed then sighed as he and his crew could finally get some rest. He ordered the fleet to pack up and head back to New Novgorod*

----------------------

*In the regions near the core, the stealth frigate had just finished getting a number of weird transmissions. It was frustrating to sort through everything but the Order Captain believed they were nearly done.*

Order Captain Calvin: First Hildenburen, now humans living in enslavement near the core. I'm getting way too old for this...

Officer: Sir, orders?

Calvin: We have everything we need to be throughly convinced that we have a human like species being enslaved by another species entirely. All we need at this point is to pinpoint the human, or Tantalan, homeworld and they worlds of the alien oppressors should the Ordenreich deem it necessary to send military forces.

Officer: Yes sir. Scanning now.
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:26 am

"Be observant of your surroundings- Especially at night. Catwalks, apartment husks, and abandoned lots will be the banes of your existence as long as you and your men venture south into the Aurelian zones. Not once, but many times have we seen our inexperienced hopefuls receive an unhealthy barrage of arrows straight into their hearts; It is imperative that each and every single one of you assume responsibility for each other's back, lest an ambush is more preferable while everyone sleeps. Furthermore, it is mandated that any soldier who fights alongside our boys and girls take precautions to minimize weight which will be carried into battle. Our motor pools can only go so far before rubble obstructs further progress, forcing our troops to scale the suburbs in their final leg. Expect a long walk, too, as you assist our soldiers in the southern hemisphere."

Andri paused and coughed into his right sleeve.

"Are there any questions, ma'am? If not, then rest easy and introduce yourselves to my men and women. They could use a break before we start disrupting operations tomorrow, when our detachments cross the Twilight regions."

---

"Gieffrei, I've sent a dispatch to the Core areas at our designated frequencies."

"Excellent, Samsir. Next time we run into strangers, however… I attest to you leading the introductions as long as I'm around. Leave them to me and keep watch for trouble."

Both men sat across from each other as they gazed out into the passing stars which streaked along at a relative velocity of several c- or so the illusion appeared as the warp drive pulsed the D'tyzkin Corsair's space-time fabric along the planned vector at several dozen times the speed of light.

"I'm sorry-"

"We could have been killed," the senior sighed, disappointment still abound in the corners of his mouth. "But God seems to have blessed us, and I confess that I appreciate whatever errors of judgement I call out, for we would still be wandering around the galaxy with no hope. Now is time for us to return home and hopefully put an end to the Aurelians' foolish occupation."

"Gieffrei, what do you plan to do after the war?"

"I beg your pardon? Please clarify…"

Samsir scratched his scalp compulsively. "I mean- we both hope to see home again, but also to make a difference. After four generations of imprisonment on our own world, there is a lot to be done."

"I have the faintest idea what to do. For one, I would appreciate seeing my disabled mother again when I return and care for her-"

"Disabled? What do you mean?"

Samsir and Gieffrei met each other's eyes just long enough to keep Gieffrei ignorant of the vessel's surroundings for a second. The experienced agent shook his head.

"I never told you gentlemen nor Genevai the story of my mother who fought in my unit-"

Ping!

"Seems like we've got a message on our frequencies."

"Route it through the speakers we received in the Lord's Believers' Outpost," Gieffrei sighed, keeping his hands cupped around the dashboard. Samsir depressed a section of organic dashboard which triggered a crisp voice:

"This is Captain Nazarid to Gieffrei: Given your distance from us, we presume it will be hours or even days until the tachyon signal reaches your location. Regardless of that circumstantial gap, we have picked up more Aurelian vessels in orbit of our world, probably searching for you gentlemen. Whatever you do, you are ordered not to return to our system until further notice, for we cannot risk destruction or- worse- recapture of your device. Maintain current frequencies until further notice; We will try to give you five-minute latencies between messages if we need to change tachyon frequencies."

"Well…. Looks like we need to make the best use of our time. That gentleman gave us an access card, right?"

"Just so I can recover my lost mind, direct us to the nearest inhabited planet we see on our star map. If we cannot return to our world right now, the best we can do is retrieve some scientific data from our contact's archives. Our scientists will be able to decipher centuries worth of data later."

"Yessir," Samsir intoned as his fingers dialed in reorientation settings for the star grid before those of the actual coordinates. The flight control system, after minutes of calculating the necessary vectors, assumed control over Samsir's yoke and pointed into the direction of an Ordenreich star.

"Hit it, Samsir. This will be the second civilization we've ever stepped foot on- Oh, are our transponders set to our identification?"

"They are. I did so before we left."

"Good," came a reply from Gieffrei as the vessel entered warp mode, the surroundings appearing like countless lensings of light.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:53 pm

"I would be pleased to familiarize myself and my soldiers with our brothers in arms. For the remainder of the day, then, I will adjourn and return to my unit, and see if we can't become better acquainted with your men and women."

With that, she saluted, and returned to the landing site, where the Flagellants continued to unload arms and armor to the Tantalan forces.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:11 pm

*the stealth frigate finally found the Tantalan home world, they slowly approached the Aurelian fleet, unnoticed due to their stealth technology and began sending data back home. They also scanned the surface. They sent a call to O.S.S.C. Livenstein which was designated as Black Hawk actual*

Order Captain Mercer: Black Hawk actual this is Vigilante. We have confirmed the coordinates of the Tantalan homeworld and have identified the Aurelian orbital fleet. Surface of the planet classified as Fallen Terra (garden worlds destroyed by radiation). requesting further orders.

Black Hawk: Vigilante. We confirm your report. Remain in system and begin punching in predesignated coordinates for FOAB strike against the Aurelian fleet. Remain on station to provide up to date reports on Aurelian activity. Vigilante out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(This is an early response to MA's visit to one of my colonies, to set the scene)

*The core colony of New Prussia one the third colony ever settled by the Ordenreich. When found it was a pre-garden world meaning it had the possibility to make life but wasn't quite there yet. For ten years since it was found the planet had received minor terraforming from the Ordenreich till it was a pristine garden world. Due to its lack of international trade routes the colony became an intellectual and tourist hub for the Ordenreich. Tourists from all over flocked to the colony to take advantage of its near perfect temperatures and breathtaking natural beauty which was protected from industrial exploitation by the Ordenreich government which made the planet, minus the leftover terraforming equipment and capital city, virtually untouched by sentient hands. While tourism was its main industry the colony was also considered a major hub for knowledge. Universities were set up and laboratories both on the ground and in space performed experiments in isolation taking advantage of the Ordenreich's environmental protection laws and the fact the colony was out of the way of the rush of civilization. Despite this the Ordenreich did keep a sizable navy in orbit over the planet to ensure the protection of its students, its research, and the environment. The fleet was not deemed important enough to have an Ultra-Dreadnought but it made up for that with a higher ration than normal of dreadnoughts and carriers plus the usual configuration of frigates and destroyers*
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Vh'riixin's orders were well-received, and Hr'ikin's Tihn'tharin fortified themselves inside an abandoned apartment unit for the evening. Several lines of poison-tipped javelins leaned upright against one cinderblock wall, opposite another set of repeating crossbows whose magazines and strung cartridges were removed and laid across the dining table. At least two vials of toxic dusts were present, although everyone knew their knapsacks well enough to stuff in one extra each.

"We've another day's worth of travel until we clear the way for our supply caravan. O'iqil, tell me: why are we in this deathly hole?"

"Because we need the soil- Or, what is beneath the soil, to be precise?"

Hr'ikin bobbed her head- the Aurelian means of showing disapproval.

"No, O'iqil. Production has trickled to nothing in the past several months. We can't seem to mine any more of the stuff without bombs being stuffed in our faces. Do you know of any other legitimate reason?"

"To appease our deities?"

"You have to be humoring me, considering just how many wars we've won before this stalemate. My Nou'tarkin instructor said that all is well only when our foes' dismembered heads are impaled on a blood-caked pike! Well, we are not doing so well there, are we?"

The evening starlight illuminated O'iqil's tattooed back as the rays washed the room bright orange, with subtle hues of beige and gold mixed along each other. This blinding display reminded Hr'ikin of bloodshed. Heinous bloodshed wrought by an inferior species upon the Aurelian form.

"I'm afraid not. This war will proceed, however, and we will restore control here; For fifty years, the Rebels await their coup d'grace. Now we are glad to oblige."

Raucous laughter flared up once more, such that even O'iqil had to admit a smile.

"We will fight and reclaim supremacy over the regions yonder. Until then, master warriors such as ourselves need sleep."

"Good night, then. Oh, if only my mate were with me-"

"Quiet, I'prizd! We yearn not to hear of your fantasies."

---

"Corporal! Are the trucks fully recharged and ready to advance?"

"Sir! Corporal Goddard-Kim reports as ordered: The units are ready for mobilization, bound only by your word!"

Communications Officer Hayes's face was twilit from the setting star as it inspected Goddard-Kim's claims. The bumper cage was rusted, but it would pass… For now.

"The corrosion says otherwise, but at ease. I trust the others are ready? We're sending in sixty men and women into supply lines held by the Red Devils- None of whom shall die, said the Old Man."

"Our final truck is just seconds shy of a complete recharge, sir. We've loaded another one with rations, our laser rifles, and enough ammunition for four reloads each on any remaining firearms."

"Excellent. Tell your men to scramble the trucks within fifteen minutes, for we leave this evening. Wash the tarps afterwards, if you will."

"Yes, sir."

Both men parted ways after Hayes scanned his wrist chronometer. It was time to disrupt some party's preparations.

---

The first words to appear from New Prussia's system edge were crackling with static, but legible:

"This is the D'tyzkin Corsair en route from New Novgorod, holding current vessel vector and transponder frequency."

Well, this was a starting point at least. Gieffrei bit his bottom lip tensely as he rattled his fingers against the pilot's dashboard. Samsir, too, maintained a bout of silence as he listened intently across multiple frequencies for stray radio signals.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:26 pm

New Prussia O.S.S.C.: This is New Prussia O.S.S.C. to the D'tyzkin Corsair. We read you and are tracking your flight path now. Your ship has recently been ID'd as a diplomatic vessel and is therefore protected by intergalactic law of the Ordenreich. You are clear to dock in orbital dock facility 7, Bay C. Once docked our onsight staff will be happy to assist you and provide transport to the planet's surface. Welcome to New Prussia.
------------------------------------------------

Black Hawk: Vigilante whats your status?

Vigilante: Just finishing setting up predesignated FOAB strike markers Black Hawk. We have a possible lock on extraterrestrial human forces on the planet's surface. We theorize they are Centauri, Heraklean, or Christanan in nature. We are currently hiding amongst the Aurelian fleet awaiting your word.

Black Hawk: Understood Vigiliante. O.S.S.C. has been authorized to begin a liberation campaign on Tantalus. The fleet is being gathered and we are set to strike in 17 hours time. For the next 15 hours you are authorized to begin an indirect support campaign for the extraterrestrial humans and any locals allies they might have picked up. Provide any logistical or morale support you can. After 15 hours retreat to minimum safe distance and prepare for allied fleet arrival. Black Hawk out.

*Vigilante set about following Black Hawks commands. They immediately prepped a supply drop pod with food, medical supplies, and purified water to send to the last group of Tantalans they suspected made contact with the other humans (Andri and his group I think). They launched the pod and also left a message in the pod for the Tantalans. Command said they needed to give morale so the Order Captain thought some dramatic license was in order. The message read...

"You are not alone. We have heard your plight and have decided to aid you. In 17 hours time we will crack the sky and open heaven's floodgates. Prepare your people for your oppressors reign will soon end"
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:29 pm

(OOC: Not sure what exactly I should be doing with the Flagellants, here. I suppose I'll pass until Sacae begins his landing, at which point the Governate will drop in.)
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:35 pm

"We've got confirmation for a docking at the triangulated coordinates, Gieffrei. Setting attitude towards signal origin."

"Let's make this quick. I really need to find a latrine or something since the bastards chose not to integrate a complete life support system," Gieffrei finished, his frown straightened into indifference while both men reclined in their consoles.

"Zzzt! This is Irdin down here; Red Devil's conscious once more! I've got him restrained to the gurney for further orders."

Gieffrei stirred from watching the hypnotizing star field, noticing Irdin's voice crackling through the speaker grille, and spoke into the intercom. "Leave him there. That Red Devil can still bite, but we're not permitted to kill him just yet. We are en route to New Prussia, and we can't have him gnawing on our equipment."

"Aye, Samsir. He's under my watch until further notice."

The D'tyzkin Corsair approached Orbital Dock Facility 7 from the base's orbital plane; observers would be able to note the D'tyzkin Corsair transponder signal and, if permitted inside, the rounded organic vessel would drift through the hangar entrance and land on strut-like proboscises enveloped within tungsten carbide sheathes. Gieffrei and Samsir would appear at the ramp's edge donned in HAZMAT suits, just like most of their peers who ventured into radioactive and intoxicated lands.

---

"Colonel Vinci!"

An excited voice would call out to the military woman as a HAZMAT-suited man emerged in the busy thoroughfare; slung over his right shoulder were two bandoliers refitted with spare power cells for the fusion rifle strapped to his thigh's canvas.

"We are set to leave to the Twilight areas- you know, the cold zone where neither our forces or the Red Devils hold sway. To ensure our safety, we also enquire you to authorize one soldier to command our technical's turret, since our current gunner is still recovering from a nasty wound infection. Nearly lost his left arm had it not been for your personnel's medical supplies. The Old Man cannot articulate his gratitude for your assistance, ma'am."

"Sergeant- ah, Colonel Vinci."

The suited soldier referred to as "Sergeant" shuffled clockwise till the bubble-domed Sergeant blinked.

"Major Poula-Benz-"

"As you were. Sergeant, you should be over inside the motor pool," Major Poula-Benz's lips moved, though her eyes were still watching the foreign Colonel. "We're leaving right now, unless of course either one of you have questions… ?"

---

(( I will respond to the message shortly after both of you post, Sacae. I'm just giving myself some wiggle room to carry forth the operation. ))
Back to top Go down
Sacae

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:45 pm

(OOC: Ok then I will just respond to your explorers message in the meantime)

*As soon as the Tantalan ship docked the orbital facility chief (who was a civilian) along with two Ordenreich knights who flanked him both of which kept their weapons on the magnetic clips on their back waited for the crew to come out. As soon as they did the chief spoke*

Chief Roe: Greetings, I am Chief Roe, administrator of Orbital Dock Facility 7. As per diplomatic protocol I am obligated to provide any and all assistance to any diplomatic vessel and the crew that run it. If you need repairs or provisions speak to me. If you are here to make purchases I can send for a manifest of what we have for sale. I can also arrange for transport to the planet's surface if you are here for pleasure. Our scanners detected a level 2 intellectual pass on board your ship. This authorizes me to give you access to any level 1 or 2 knowledge from our universities. You are forbidden from classified projects but you have full access to everything else. Now, how may I help you?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:37 pm

Shaking her head, Colonel Vinci replied, "As I was about to say, Major Poula-Benz, I am ready at this point in time, as well as the men and women under my command. I do not believe I have any questions at this point in time, and I will relinquish Private Emilia Esterhazy to your command to take over for your gunner. She's one of the best weapons techs I've ever seen - we are blessed with her presence. Before I do take my place in the motor pool, I have one more thing to say."

Rolling down her visor, she looked into her counterpart's eyes, and continued, "As I have reminded your, Major Poula-Benz, I am a Colonel, and I request to be referred to as such. I mean to take no offense, but I am considerably above the rank of Sergeant, and most would not take being referred to as such lightly. As you were, Major Poula-Benz."

With that, she began to order her Flagellants into the motor pool, before finally joining them in it herself.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:34 am

(OOC: Waiting on you AT)
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:41 pm

(Busy, again, with college. I'm back, and with a complementary poem!)
"Colonel Vinci, Major Poula-Benz referred to me, I must apologize," responded the Sergeant's voice as he followed the two women into the motor pool, where the steady hum of electrical transmission filled the milieu.

"I will ride with the supply truck, while Sergeant Kodz will stay with you. He knows the terrain well."

And so the two Tantalans split as Sergeant Kodz followed Colonel Vinci to the bulkier troop truck, an aging fossil from a prewar era clobbered together with heat sinks in place of syngas exhaust pipes- energy-dense batteries beneath the hood instead of the truck's syngas combustion engine.

"We're heading out! Keep your weapons ready unless if I tell you otherwise!"

Tzzzzzzzzzzz!

The franken-truck's electric motors groaned as the driver backed out into exit along Major Poula-Benz's supply truck and another plate-clad gun truck: An uncovered trailer teeming with crates of fusion laser rifles and improvised explosive devices was tethered to Poula-Benz's truck via synthetic cord.

"Salute your God!
For all of Mankind
Lest the Revolution Ends.
We shall rise! Vanquish the Crimson
Menace! We are men
And women. Of Prophets
Foregone and long yearning
For Vengeance!

The Terran sun
Shall rise again,
And our lovers
Will experience Life
Liberty and Fraternity!
Revolution! Let the call
Be Heard in every system!
For our mead, song, and march!

Salute your God!
For all of mankind!
Lest the Revolution Ends!
Blood shall spill, yet
None of ours!
And the Menace shalt
Retreat to their filth!
God will reward
Us in Heaven,
And doom Them
For Damnation!"

Major Poula-Benz kept to her post, not budging to join the chorus but instead surveyed the debris-strewn terrain ahead.

"Heaven welcome me!
Hell to the Adversaries!
God, bring us
Realms of Splendor
For we are Yours
Truly."

Sergeant Kodz slid one energy cell in its place before he latched back the rifle's reinforced covering with an audible click.

"Alright, guys…. Let us not forget we are approaching silent territory in five minutes. Make your final chants quickly before we-"

"Sir!"

"Dammit, Corporal! Don't interrupt me while-"

"Sir, there's something burning above our heads!" Pointing above his own head, the mud caked youth as well as most of the Tantalan crew gazed up… To see something burning overhead seconds before it crossed the street's horizon.

All three trucks lurched viciously as the seismic wave struck the convoy's position, throwing off some looseleaf tarps which laid in the street!

"Pull over! Pull the damned vehicle over!" Sergeant Kodz could be heard shouting from afar.

"Yes… sir." The dazed pilot drove his booted foot into the brake pedal. "Hold on tight, lads!"

Colonel Vinci's truck would be the first vehicle to swerve clockwise until the fore bumper hovered an inch from the ruptured curb. Plumes of ash fifty meters ahead seemed to strangle heaps of warped duracrete as tendrils of wispy smoke drifted northward towards the party's position.

"Those without suits, don your masks! We've got fallout kicked up into the air," Another muffled voice piqued in from behind Sergeant Kodz, who whipped around and watched a white HAZMAT-suited perp step down from the truck with a laser rifle slung behind his neck. "The Geiger counters will pick up any radioactive dust this thing tossed up within minutes! We will have to travel westward by foot to minimize personnel contamination, though not without an investigation. Private Normin, I want you to follow Colonel Vinci- and remember to obey her commands, Tantalan or not. Sergeant Kodz, monitor our truck."

Behind, both trucks' personnel seemed unharmed- irritated, by the jostle and were now advancing slowly towards Colonel Vinci.

"Change of plans, actually," Major Poula-Benz interrupted with a head-shake. Her boots echoed with her subordinates' as she stopped before Colonel Vinci's truck. "I will go ahead with Lieutenant Roeley and Private Normin. Colonel Vinci, would you assume command and lead our boys & girls until you reach the Twilight regions? We are just three kilometers north of here-"

"Three minutes until the radioisotopes reach our position-"

"I damn well know that, Lieutenant! Let us dodge the plume's way-"

"And you're not suited, Major Poula-Benz."

The Major bit the inside of her lower lip, appearing deceptively cool while her eyes burned in frustration.

"Fine! Lieutenant Roeley, you lead your men to the crater. Colonel Vinci and I will lead the rest westward until we reach Alternative Point Alpha-Null."

"Yes, ma'am. Alright, let's move it everyone!"

---

"Chief Roe, allow us to introduce ourselves: I am Gieffrei while he," Gieffrei and Samsir faced each other. "Is my compatriot Samsir. We seek a descent to the planetary surface in hopes of learning what the esteemed Prussian system recollects, and it wouldn't hurt us if we could find a directory pertinent to lodging, dining and information."

"Aye. And we enquire of current events in this region of the galaxy." Samsir's electric voice would transition into an nondescript accent as his bubble helm detached from the lower lid, revealing the man's face once more to an alien group. "Let's just say that we are tourists from outside of this sector, yes."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:45 pm

(Pass until AT RPs about the drop pod)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:26 pm

"Aye," Colonel Vinci affirmed. Turning towards her men, and then the Tantalans, she said, "We've got no time to spare."

With that, she signaled westward, and her men followed briskly after her. Though their armor protected them from the dangers of the radioisotopes, the urgency was readily apparent and they moved quickly and efficiently in the designated direction, without any hesitance. Briefly glancing at the plume, and then turning back towards Major Poula-Benz, Colonel Vinci asked,

"Do you have any idea of who might have conducted this attack, if you could call it that? That doesn't particularly strike me as something the Aurelians might do, though I obviously am not as well versed as you in such matters."
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:30 pm

"If it was an attack, it was a bad one at that."

Major Poula-Benz and some seven men grabbed their rifles while four more gentlemen scrambled to detach the mini trailer from its posts. The sky above everyone's heads faded from its perpetual grey hue into blackness as the Zeusian star winked under the horizon, leaving a blanket of darkness interrupted only by distant starlight which managed to penetrate the upper atmospheric smog and reach the soldiers' level.

"The Aurelians would just hurl bomblets from mortar-like animals, and they are out of range right now if intel is correct."

The alleyway pass, formed between two ancient-looking heaps of contorted office towers and littered with angular, razor-edge chunks of debris; and narrowest at three abreast men lined shoulder-to-shoulder, resonated with each boot clamping down upon the contaminated earth as Major Poula-Benz's men meandered past reduced heaps of duracrete shards.

"This is Lieutenant Roeley! We've found some sort of anomaly in the crater."

---

"It looks like some sort of supply pod not unlike those used in our ancestors' time."

Lieutenant Roeley and two other soldiers donning Centauri armor were standing just at the drop pod's door, where one soldier's bulky Geiger counter clicked like a locust horde and could be heard through the receiving end's radio grille.

"Impossible! Any remaining suborbital supply units were supposed to undergo instability-linked reentry within twenty years of abandonment, not sixty!"

"I know, I know! But I'm trying to say that we're not the only three civilizations; a fourth one has arrived."

The Lieutenant clipped his handheld transmitter to his suit's left external pouch where it could still be heard, and he gently brushed off the dust from the pod's surface, trying to search for any windows leading into the provisions.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:39 am

*Upon being touched by the Tantalan soldiers the pod beeped a few times before popping open. The first thing that could be seen inside was the flag of the Ordenreich (see my avatar) and the message the Ordenreich Order Captain left when they sent the pod in the Tantalan language. The pod was partially walk in so once a soldier got past the flag and message they would see sealed shelves marked food, purified water, weapons, power armor in the native Tantalan language as well as instruction manuals for how to use the military equipment which was also in the Tantalan language. Each sealed shelf had a blinking button that would open the shelf upon a being pressed. The food and purified water would also all be sealed in portable lead based containers to resist nuclear fallout.*

(Writing a paper write now so I promise to post more, including the Ordenreich fleet's arrival in my next go around)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:40 pm

"A fourth?"

Colonel Vinci raised an eyebrow, and said, "I am afraid that I must come to see this for myself, if you would permit it, Major Poula-Benz. The entry of an additional party into this conflict might... complicate matters."
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:27 am

"This is no familiar vessel. Is it ours?"

Lieutenant Roeley shook his head while he studied the vessel's form with his fingers. "Not at all, I tell you again! I-"

The pod door disengaged to the surprise of both soldiers as it popped out on the other side. Lieutenant Roeley's thumb dug into his chin stubble as the man meandered slowly to the disturbed sector. "I can't believe this. Private Normin, watch my back."

The cloaked fighter lowered his head and ran his fingers along the pod where the Lieutenant's did the same. "Roger that. What do you see?"

Roeley's eyes adjusted to the darkness for a moment. Then they seemed to dilate.

"What's wro-" Private Normin began, but stopped too as the men read the message, touched the flag and the contents which laid behind-

---

"We've got a dark flag with an avian occupying the center-top region, a note inscribed: 'You are not alone. We have heard your plight and have decided to aid you. In 17 hours time we will crack the sky and open heaven's floodgates. Prepare your people for your oppressors reign-'"

"What's going on? This is Major Poula-Benz to Lieutenant Roeley: Report your status!"

Another radio silence permeated the device... Then shuffling sounds were heard through the speaker grille followed by an abrupt expletive.

[i]"We've got supplies in here! Some medicines, fluids- damn, we've got more rifles and armor!"

"Be careful, Colonel. Be on guard for any unexpected movements while you backtrack through the alleyway," Major Poula-Benz added, still dazed from yet another mysterious power's assistance. "The two gentlemen are still back there to help with anything, although you might need to use their transceiver for its frequencies."

Returning her attention to the Tantalan column, Major Poula-Benz sped up her cadence until she caught up with Sergeant Kodz. "Estimated time available?"

Sergeant Kodz glanced at his wrist chronometer which sagged from his suit's bulk. "An hour. Once we get there, we've only fifteen minutes until the Red Devils arrive. My men will need to expedite concealment twice as quickly."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:56 pm

After hearing the description of the flag, Colonel Vinci paused, clearly in contemplation of where exactly this pod came from. Although perhaps not too well versed with the foreign powers, she nevertheless had enough knowledge of them in passing to recognize the flag from its description. Turning to Major Poula-Benz, she replied, "I have suspicions that these might come from a power known as the OrdenReich. Though I have no personal experience with them, I believe our planetary government is friendly with them, and that they are trustworthy enough. I shall stay, however I must dispatch some soldiers to guard the pod. We surely can't afford letting it fall into enemy hands."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the universe, anything can happen (private)   

Back to top Go down

In the universe, anything can happen (private)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next