Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

When Opposites Collide

Go down 
+2
Heraklea
Christana
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Heraklea

Heraklea

When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 7:50 pm

Commodore Pershing leaned back in her chair and considered a moment.

“We don't really have non-destructive tanks. I suppose we could use our marine cutters with the main weapons stood down. The question then becomes what you mean by a tank squad. I'll need to consult with the Enherjar commanding officer before agreeing on hard numbers, but I can tell you that for our marines, a squad is at most twelve people. Given the number of fugitives and children we will be searching for, the Einherjar commanding officer will probably want at least a platoon, probably two, and a support section, call it a hundred and thirty-two people. A single drop-ship and two or three cutters could get them to the surface in an out of the way location for their operations. We could go faster if you would allow more, but we understand your concerns about allowing too many of our marines on your world. We will insist on maintaining some sort of presence in system to take custody of the Cortane as they are tracked down, and the faster we can be done with it the sooner those ships can leave.

“All other points are relatively agreeable, though you are still dancing around the recognition of the Cortane Authority. I suppose I can get my superiors to accept that if you are willing to continue that dance around the issue in the future. If you will all excuse me, I will contact the Valhalla and see about the Einherjar commander's troop estimate.”
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 3:34 pm

*Maya muttered quickly under her breath just enough for the Burninite leader to hear*

Maya:Die Galaxie ist ein schwieriger Ort für die Verwaltung mit kleinen Scheißer wie ihn herumlaufen

(OOC: "The galaxy is a harder place to manage with little shits like her running around" in case you want your character to understand what that meant)

*She continued to hold her passive but cold impression as the Heraklean ambassador left*

Last edited by Sacae on Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 3:44 pm

OOC: Was that describing Commodore Pershing? Because, you know, she's a female, not a male as I said previously.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 3:45 pm

(OOC: Edited)
Back to top Go down
Christana

Christana

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 3:46 pm

"Then everything is settled here?" Asked Johnton ready to leave.
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 4:40 pm

“Tentatively, at least,” said Commodore Pershing as she returned. “It will need to be ratified by the Chief of State, but I see no reason why he wouldn't. In which case, I believe we are done here.” Commodore Pershing began gathering her documents as the Christanan left. “Paladin Komtur, a word before you go?” The Ordenreich officer turned to face Commodore Pershing. “You obviously seem ready to believe the worst of Heraklea. That is unfortunate, since my government would prefer to be partners with your in ensuring law and order rule in this galaxy. Heraklea has virtually stamped out piracy and slavery in our region of the galaxy. We would do it in all of them if we could.

“We are not evil, Paladin Komtur. We are pragmatists. We suffer our minor bigotries, but on the whole we are a force for justice. Please remember that.”
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Maya: Justice is relative Commodore. It is my job to believe the worst in all nations for I run the more military aspects of the Ordenreich. In my opinion what just happened here could have been resolved well before shooting became a necessity. I know you are not evil the Ordenreich has already seen evil.

*Maya hands the Heraklean ambassador a declassified report*

Maya: Silesia Nova. Our old rogue intelligence division was discovered to be working with the higher tiers of the old Ordenreich government in the kidnapping of our own citizens and that of other alien nations. The purpose being experimentation biologically and chemically on said individuals using all sorts of diseases and gases both natural and artificial. This lead to millions dead in the most horrifying of ways and many still feel the physical and psychological scars from those experiments. This is why I hold my position I replaced one of the Paladin Komturs who approved this experimentation. Are you evil? No. Are your people evil? No. Is your race a bunch of bullies using their own version of justice to justify their bullying? Maybe, but that has yet to be decided. I plan on submitting a report on what happened her Commodore. Whether the other Paladin Komturs, Ordenmarshall, and Hochmeister take my opinion or not is up to them. In the meantime though the official position of you people to the Ordenreich is neutral and will remain as such unless the Hierarchy decides so.

(OOC: There is an old RP for Silesia Nova called "The Darker Side of the Ordenreich" if you need context into what I'm talking about)
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:36 pm

“I suppose these terms are decent,” Fleet Admiral Zlenka said to Commodore Pershing.

“The terms don't matter.  This conflict isn't over, not by a long shot.”

“What do you mean, Commodore?”

“They're anarchists, ma'am.  They're society is practically a love letter to Ports.”  Fleet Admiral Zlenka inhaled sharply.  The name of Breton Ports was not invoked lightly by any Heraklean.

“Is that how you're going to word it in your report?”

“Yes ma'am.  These people hold a very dangerous ideology and have an inclination to interfere with us.  Further, if their diplomats are any indication, their government is populated exclusively by bigoted fools.  I believe they need to be contained in anyway possible.”

“Very well commodore.  If that is what you believe, submit your report.”

“So what do we think?” Grand Admiral Adelei Kirrin, Chief of the State Heraklea asked the officers sitting around the conference table.  Each member of the Joint Chiefs considered for a moment.

“It's clear that when utilizing conventional warships,” said High Admiral Meagan Ida, Chief of Naval Operations, “we are likely peerless in the galaxy when dealing with equivalent tonnages.  The problem of course is that many of the other nations possess... for lack of a better term 'super-weapons' we have no real answer for besides sheer numbers and a willingness to burn to the ground over yielding.  We need something to offset the FOABs and like weapons.  Kester?”

“We have a few irons in the fire that may work,” replied High Admiral Shiro Kester, Chief of the Scientific Research Service.  “A lot of them enter some very morally gray areas.  I should probably have a sit down with you before I fully green light some of them.”  Grand Admiral Kirrin nodded thoughtfully.

“Sounds good, Shiro.  Anything else?”

“Well, we could be better prepared if we could get our hands on some foreign tech.  Any chance of help on that front, Dvorak?”

“I'll see what I can do,” said the only man in the room who was in a uniform without rank indications.  High Admiral Roger Dvorak was the Chief of the Intelligence Service, a branch of the Heraklean government that, among its various other foibles, did not use rank indicators on official business (or at least, not indicators of their real rank).  “We're currently working on infiltrating as high as we can in a number of foreign governments.  Tech is, of course, a major area of focus but we are currently prioritizing military and civilian command and control.  Should we re-prioritize?”

“Keep C and C the top priority, but make tech the number two.  Athea?”

“If we're going to contain the Chrissies,” said High Admiral Athea Burke, Chief of the Diplomatic Service, “Hell if we're going to flex our muscles much further beyond our current sphere, we're going to need allies.  We reached out to the stars for that reason.  We've made acquaintances, we've made friends, but no allies.  All we have are the subordinates we had before.  We need support from at least one other major player, and there are a lot of smaller entities between us and Christana.  We should get as many of them on our side before we start fighting the Chrissies again.  They will doubtlessly be doing the same.  It would be as much about a denying them resources and positions as it would be about ensuring them for us.”  A murmur of general agreement and bobbing heads came from the table as Heraklea's highest ranked diplomat gave her analysis.

“There's one more thing, sir,” interjected High Admiral Ida.  “We need ships that can match ultra-dreadnaughts and titans on their own.  We need Minervas, sir.  Not just one, but squadrons of them.”

“Squadrons!?” asked the surprised High Admiral Isabel Alda, Chief of the State Personnel Command.  “All do respect, ma'am, but we don't have the people to man squadrons.  Even if the Guard gives you the people on the Minerva, I couldn't possibly scrounge up enough people for more than two or three more.”

“Then we'll fast track people in the auxiliaries,” said Grand Admiral Kirrin.  “Build up numbers.  Even stand down smaller ships if we need to.  Besides, we'll have time before we need those people.  We still need to lay down keels.  Don't worry, Isabel.  You'll be able to keep up.  I have faith in you.”

“Thank you, sir.”

“If that's all, then this meeting is adjourned.”
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:21 pm

(OOC: I guess you don't want to comment on what I said. Also based off what I've seen the Ordenreich and Heraklea are very similar so once we get over this initial nastiness we might be drawn together)
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:32 pm

OOC: Yeah, not sure really on what to write on that, so I left it hanging.  I figured our states would likely be closely aligned initially, so it kind of surprised me that you came in on the Christanan side.  Still, for the time being at least our relations are probably going to be pretty cool (as in, I'm keeping a expeditionary fleet at ready status on our border at all times for the time being). And some spies are probably going to try to steal technical specs for or an actual FOAB for reverse engineered.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 11:42 pm

Jenova simply responds later to the Komtur by encrypted message that she agrees with the opinion presented by the Komtur, but doesn't believe such belief is helpful, so suppresses it.

In any case, Jenova pilots the mothership away once the transports have left rather surprised that her first attempt at stopping an armed conflict went so well.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:39 am

(OOC: Mhm. And Rhea and Christana are the most similar, ideologically so Christana would likely end up with Rhean backing at some point.)

The Rhean probes remain for a while longer to ensure no ensure occurs before leaving. The expedition stands down and resumes their normal duties.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 3:42 pm

All the while, the Governate has been monitoring the situation at Christana from a distance, with sensor arrays in nearby Centauri space trained on the location. Although there was no real way of monitoring the diplomatic proceedings, there was enough information from incoming reports that the Governate could piece together a decent enough picture of them. As far as they could tell, peace had been established and the Herakleans halted, by a combined force of Christanans, Sacaens, and Burnites. Although initially the Governate deigned to get involved, it had become more and more clear that the political magnitude of the incident was far too great to ignore. As such, Brother Lal sent a summons to Talent Zhang, requesting her presence at a meeting to discuss the situation.

Brother Lal leaned in, his expression a mixture of genuine curiosity and careful scrutiny. "So," Lal said, "it seems that the Christanans found the foreign aid that they desired, and that the Heraklean advance has halted with some kind of peace accords. Talent Zhang, what do you feel about this situation?"

Briefly clearing her throat, Talent Zhang said in reply, "Though I had not previously thought that we had an interest in this incident, the recent developments and my own investigations on the matter have convinced me otherwise. These Christanans are dangerous, although perhaps not necessarily because of any physical threat they pose. The fact that they would protect elements of the rogue Cortane government is some cause for worry, considering that the UNS Mojenjo-daro had almost been destroyed by them all those months ago, as well as the fact that they attacked the Heraklean diplomatic fleet without provocation, although that is not my main cause for concern. No - I fear that they pose a potential memetic threat."

With some satisfaction, Lal said, "Yes, that is true. To see if we are thinking the same, would you care to elaborate?"

"But of course," Talent Zhang continued. "But of course. If our reports are what they say they are, these Christanans have a dangerous societal preoccupation with 'freedom', not too dissimilar from that which we have seen from the Rheans. Though I doubt that these Christanans could manage to subvert a single one of our own, we have nevertheless seen the dangers that such polities pose. They are hotbeds for the development of memeplexes that are hostile, irrational, and in every way oppose the fundamental existence of organized society as we understand it. We must stand against this, as we have stood against so many small independent polities within our sphere. These Christanans are different, however, in that they are much larger and more advanced, and have the protection of numerous galactic powers. Without a proper government to influence them and control them, their memes will grow only more and more dangerous."

Then, nodding, Lal replied, "And the Herakleans? What of their involvement?"

Sighing, Talent Zhang said, "They are clearly proto-Social Survivalists, and their society is a degenerate version of our own, based on coercion and force without a fine understanding of the necessity of memetic engineering. Additionally, the presence of hereditary privilege in their history is a mockery of the egality we enjoy here on Alpha Centauri. I am not all too fond of them, in all truth, but they are almost certainly the best that we can work with. I would recommend that we stand with them, if not overtly. I do not think that they are in any particular position to resist."

With one final smile, Lal said, "Precisely. We have covered everything that I wished to, and you have told me precisely what I expected to hear of you. I will take over the matter from here, you deserve a break. I am sure that there are numerous mundane matters that you must attend to."

Then, nodding respectfully, Talent Zhang left the room. Stretching briefly, Brother Lal began to write out a message at his terminal.

[HEAVILY ENCRYPTED]

To: Chief of State Adelei Kirrin, of the State of Heraklea
From: Planetary Governor Pravin Lal, of the Planetary Governate of Alpha Centauri

Greetings,

After further investigation of the events concerning the polity of Christana, we have decided to rescind our previous promise of neutrality on the matter. Instead, know that we agree with the hostile actions taken by the State of Heraklea against the Christanans, and that we strongly disagree with the involvement of the other foreign powers in the incident. The Christanans, besides sheltering elements of rogue group hostile to the Planetary Governate and having attacked your vessel with provocation, pose an existential threat to civilized society within the galaxy based on the nature of their beliefs and the tendency of such beliefs to create dangerous elements. Should you accept it, the support of the Planetary Governate in a future conflict concerning them can be yours. Additionally, I would like to invite you to UN Headquarters for high-level talks between the leadership of our respective polities, if you so choose.

When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Q0g5czfk.mho

(OOC: If you want to do the talks, I can make a new thread.)

Last edited by Selathorn on Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 9:06 pm

From: Grand Admiral Adelei Kirrin, Chie of the State of Heraklea
To: Brother Pravin Lal, Planetary Governor of Alpha Centauri

I thank you for the advanced warning of Ordenreich interference during our war with Christana and your offer of further support. It will be my pleasure to visit your Headquarters.

We shall arrive within the week.

Adelei Kirrin, GADM, CoS

OOC: Let's do it.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 3:34 am

(OOC: If you want seperate talks with me to discuss normalization of relations or such I am going to establish a thread formally declaring the Ordenreich's stance on Christana as well as introduce some other changes)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Opposites Collide    When Opposites Collide  - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When Opposites Collide
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: