Share | 

Revelations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnination
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:21 am

"Interesting. I do believe that you will be safe then. If you are really the Centauri I would like to see people from the University."

Her eyes are beginning to look a little more normal.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:58 am

Doctor Fedorov smiles, as it seems to her that Teresa is regaining her normal functions. Then, in reply to her request, she says, "Already taken care of. I am from the University of Planet, as we had sent our team in order to join with the Rheans in investigating this anomaly."

Then, she takes out her datapad, and brings up a specific screen. It appears to be her faculty holographic documentation within the University of Planet.

"Does this clear up any doubts you may have?"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:29 pm

All the while, a doctor in a fully sealed suit checks her vital signs.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:25 pm

"For the moment," Teresa responds, "it doesn't matter."

"You there," she says to the Rhean, "Rhean? Good. I will need all the help I can get. But right now the help that I need is not medical. There is much that I must do. Can I talk to the official from the University called Zakharov?"
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:27 am

She looked at Teresa, and then looked back towards her datapad. "Hmm," she said, "I will see if I can contact him, but he is a very busy man. You may need to wait for a few minutes."

Then, she taps a sequence of buttons on her datapad, before she attempts to connect Zakharov. Being his principle adviser on scientific matters, and having been dispatched to an important mission, the connection was made fairly quickly.

Zakharov's holographic projection looks at Doctor Fedorov, and then at Teresa. "Yes," he says, "did you all need me?"
Back to top Go down
Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:51 pm

*the Ordenreich was a little late to the party. Despite the war with the hildenburen being long over they still did a number on the Ordenreich's ICN (intergalactic communication network) and despite being fixed there were still some occasional glitches in the system. The Ordenreich sent an armed frigate and investigative team to the burninites coordinates.*

Robert: this is order captain Robert Zurich of the T.S.F Grinder, Ordenreich 47th deep space flotilla. We are requesting update of the situation and offering help if necessary.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:15 pm

Teresa: "Yes, indeed I did call for you. There are some relevant facts which I believe that your people are unaware of that you must be told before you can help me. I believe that your help may be needed to process them. I am sorry if I am incorrect and I am wasting your time.

"But I have no desire to beat around the bush. Burninites resemble the standard humanoids of this galaxy is very many ways, but you would classify them as plants. Burninites are intelligent plants. Interested?"

(OOC: Sacae, where did you send that flotilla, to the quasars or to the Centauri or Rheans?)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:27 pm

(OOC: ...aren't all three of those in the same place?)

Zaharov leans in with his projection, clearly interested. "Intelligent plants, eh? There certainly is no end to the mysteries of the galaxy. How then has no other group made this discovery? Surely the physiological and psychological elements of a plant would result in a radically different species than the prevailing humanoid form?"

Then, pausing for a moment, he continues, "And, for that matter, was does any of this have to do with your species's recent disappearance?"

Meanwhile, Doctor Fedorov turns to the Rhean scientists present, and says to them, "Since this is your vessel, I'd rather leave dealing with the Sacaens to you all. Don't have anything on me that I can use to respond to them, all of the broadcasting equipment is back on my ship."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:28 pm

(OOC: I had assumed you took Teresa away from the light of the quasars. Since you determined that the light messes with your head and all.)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:22 pm

(OOC: Well, we would be in the same system, though. Just away from the planet and the quasars.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:36 pm

"This is Captain Adrianos of the CSS Nikephoros Phokas. Any scientific personnel would be welcome. We will brief them inside."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Robert: We do have scientific personal on board. Though not our best of the best they are still adequately qualified. We heard some great calamity has befallen the Burninites and we want to confirm their status and offer aid if we can. Also we wish to judge if whatever happened here will effect other powers in the galaxy. Essentially we are an Ordenreich first response team
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:37 am

(OOC: OK well if Sacae appeared too close to the quasars, then he would experience the same effects you did, silly! We'll just assume he went immediately to where you're stationed, far enough from the light.)

"You are correct on several levels," Teresa responds, "humanoid was not the original form of the Burninite. However, cephalization occurred even in plants, concentrating the brain and perceptive organs to one location. Once Burninites were intelligent, suffice to say that they affected the course of their own evolution. Thus, they ended up resembling the normal animal form.

"As to why no other group has made the discovery, I would imagine that it has much to do with the tendency of Burnination to be reclusive. But also, when examining an organism with bones and flesh, who would think to examine the cells for chloroplasts? You would discover plant cells yourself if you ever took a tissue sample and examined it. That is likely why Burninites to not allow scientists from other species to examine tissue samples.

"But to the recent disappearance; the world in the center of those quasars was suspended there gravitationally by the Burninites some time ago. It was bliss to be there, absorbing the light at a perfect angle all the time. Those stars are called the Tears of Isha, the mother goddess of the Burninites. She created them to emit an energy that would be particularly good for her children.

"Something has gone horribly wrong with their output. Rather than doing good, the light killed billions within hours. Few escaped. We were in need of rest at a suitable planet, so I wish your help locating the survivors. You have seen the conditions that Burninites view as optimal. I do not know enough systems to be helpful in thinking of where they might have gone."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:00 am

Zakharov still seems a bit incredulous, but his face relaxes as he settles into the idea. "There is still no end to the questions I have on this matter", he says, "But nonetheless it seems action is what is necessary at this moment. We shall do what we can to locate the surviving Burnites. Excuse me for a moment, I need to have a chat with my subordinates."

His projection then disappears for a few minutes, before returning. He continues, "I have instructed my subordinates to use the sensor data to look for planets with similar conditions to this one, using whatever computronium we can spare that is at our disposal. I believe we may have some candidates to look at in a few minutes. Once we find some candidates it may be prudent to split up the teams to cover ground faster."

Last edited by Selathorn on Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:04 pm

(OOC: This is otherwise known as come in and let Sela do the explaining.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:16 am

"Wait, I must warn you -- the light of the quasars has made all who have experienced it extremely paranoid, even delusional. I am not sure how you will be greeted by the Burninites when you find them. This warning goes to the Rheans and the Ordenreich as well, should they decide to help."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:48 am

Zakharov nods, and says, "Noted. We will bring along security to the teams dispatched to the other planets. That, however, brings me to my final question.

"What exactly, if anything, happened to you?"

In the meantime, Doctor Fedorov quickly gives the OrdenReich team a summary of what has just happened.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:01 pm

*Order Captain Robert read the report sent by Doctor Fedorov and was fairly disturbed by what he read.*

Robert: Ensign, send a copy of this report to the Arcanii Network and O.S.S.C. Command.

Ensign: Yes sir

Robert: Navigation move us in closer to the others, weapons offline and close all window shutters we will operate by sensors alone.

Navigation: Sir, our guidance will operate more efficiently with line of sight.

Robert: I am aware of that but whatever these... quasar lights actually are I prefer to take every precaution to ensure our crew isn't affected. Also inform the others we are standing by to provide assistance as needed
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:42 pm

(OOC: Sacae, this is why you are my favorite. Boldly go where no man has gone before. :p)

Teresa: "Well, I'm not exactly sure. I remember what happened when we all figured out what was going on. They were dying though, and I was not. Remember that I'm not truly a Burninite. They merely took me in. I was affected by the tainted quasars in some way, but not in the way that they were."

Teresa shrugs before continuing. "You may examine me if you wish, but I would bet that the effects on me were temporary."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Ordenreich vessel moves closer to the quasars without any noticeable effects. They note the same strange energy readings the Centauri probe did before they pulled out, but nothing more.

Is there anything the Ordenreich vessel wishes to do here? Or did they just want to move closer for the lulz?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:19 pm

With a shrug, Zakharov's projection says, "I am not sure if that is necessary. I think I will be signing off for now, as other matters preoccupy me, but Doctor Fedorov will update me. In the meantime, let us hope that the computations produce passable results so that we will know what planets to look at."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:47 pm

(OOC: Don't worry I'm planning something also someone in this group needs to the pushy, curious type Razz)

Ensign: Sir our ship is now within what we presume is the active range of the lights.

Robert: Very good. Inform our science team to begin experiments. We will conduct our own tests until the others get back to us

*In the Grinder's Tech Lab*

Scribe Jolee: We have been given approval to begin experimentation of the anomaly known as "quasar lights." Initial analysis: Quasar lights based off observations of Burninite victim have been observed as changing behavior of organic species. Affected species have been seen as becoming possessive and paranoid. Initial studies have also shown said light is lethal. Whether this lethality and effects of the quasar lights affect all organics or just Burninites remains to be seen. Beginning experiments. In order to understand the full nature of these quasar lights we will begin exposing volunteers to different forms of exposure to the lights. This exposure will increase in each level of experiments. First exposure will be exposure to the light via video feed. Order Knight kindly view the video feed currently in front of you. Stare at it for at least 10 seconds please.

*The Order Knight nods and begins to stare at the view screen*
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Teresa nods in acquiescence and awaits a list of planets that will be checked.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jenova awakens, suddenly, with a feeling of alarm. She is about to shout when a voice says, "Mistress, it is alright, we thought you would never awaken."

"Where are we and what happened?" Jenova responds.

"You do not remember?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nothing odd seems to happen to the Order Knight asked to look at the screen. At least, any examination given to him by the ship's crew seems to return the same results the Order Knight returned before the viewing.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:36 pm

Soon enough, a list of five appropriate planets is produced by the University team, and the information is relayed to the teams present. Doctor Fedorov says, "I think our team can survey one of these. Being that your teams have more manpower, perhaps you can split the remaining four amongst yourselves?"
Back to top Go down
Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:34 pm

Jolee: Test subject showing no signs of adverse effects. Subject will be kept in confinement for the next week to ensure no lasting effects and further testing can be done. Moving onto experiment #2. In this experiment we will be exposing an Order Knight to a window view of the anomaly. The room has been completely sealed and we will be viewing via cameras pointing away from the windows. The volunteer is in place and we will being experiments now.

*When Jolee said this the shutters keeping the light out of the ship opened exposing an Order Knight to the light*
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:18 am

(OOC: Sacae, I need to know how close you went to the quasar system, and what the windows and walls are made out of / how close they would be rated to withstand being to a normal star.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revelations   

Back to top Go down

Revelations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next