Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A New World

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Khroniktan Alliance

A New World Empty
PostSubject: A New World   A New World Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:25 pm

Greetings, fellow RPers!

This is The Khroniktan Alliance, a confederation of several sentient races from the planet Khroniktus. Some of these peoples include the Aryites, a race of cat-like humanoids, the Rokin, an avian people, and Terronians, a conglomeration of elementals. Khroniktan technology is best described as a blend of science and magic. Their ships, weapons, and various other tools are powered by strange energy crystals that channel energy from the Universe - at the core of Existence. The origin of these crystals are unknown, but they possess powerful properties. Khroniktans are also able to channel arcane, cosmic, and elemental energy through their minds and wills. For several eons their technological advancements have focused inward instead of outward. They did not create tools to effect the world around them, but learned how they could effect the world. It is because of this that they have created some of the most powerful magi in the Multiverse. Only recently have they switched directions and focused on the stars.

Khroniktus is abundant in raw ore, exotic furs, and plant-life with an array of medicinal qualities. The Khroniktans themselves are a people of scholars, craftsmen, priests, magi, architects, farmers, miners, and philosophers, but when provoked they can be one of the most fearsome sights to behold on the battlefield. Fortunately, Khroniktans are relatively peaceful, but hold their sovereignty sacred.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

A New World Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Alright, Khronikta, it's good to have you with us! Your nation is, while certainly a divergence from the norm, quite interesting nonetheless. Most of us have some sort of metahuman, psionics, or something along those lines, and there's certainly a lot you could do with what you have. Maybe you might want to explain the crystals as technologies that focuses efforts to pull latent energy from the universe: it would give them a bit more character, perhaps, and isn't quite as simple as straight-up "magic", though we have done things like that before.

Normally I'd badger you to join us in Skype, but you already took care of that Wink

Finally, you might want to look at the Maps forum and find a space to claim: I'll try to add ASAP, though I am a bit rusty at the moment. Also you might want to look at the factbooks and perhaps write a few more details about your nation.
Back to top Go down
The Khroniktan Alliance

A New World Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 10:46 pm

Well here are my thoughts on the crystals...

It's called Alphanite, after the Sage-Wizard Alphanius - a legendary hero of Khroniktan history. The Alphanite originally came to Khroniktus in a meteor shower, so it was believed to have been sent by Leolik, the deity of the Aryites. When they were studying it, they observed that the crystals radiated with a sort of "cosmic energy". They glowed with a golden light and were warm to the touch. They were able to harness this energy and use it to power everything from their newly designed mech suits, to weapons, to spacecraft. The rate of energy channeled depends on the size of the crystals and their connection to this virtually infinite reservoir. It was also discovered that in certain conditions the crystals would grow and expand like fungus, so the Khroniktans were able to "farm" the substance.

My idea about the origin of the Alphanite is that it was a substance that was created at the beginning of the Universe - at the Big Bang - and that it still retains a link to that astronomical event. So if properly used, one could siphon energy from that event. This energy is theoretically limitless, since it is literally all the energy in the Universe.

I have a factbook for the nation, though it's geared more towards a late-medieval/early-industrial era style fantasy. I will have to make some tweaks to it.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

A New World Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 8:41 am

Ah, that kind of thing could be interesting. Remnants of the Big Bang, then? Would work for me, and would be pretty frightening to the Centauri, because their entire economic worldview is based on energy and they would be convinced that the Khronitkans are stealing from the entire universe.

Sounds like good fun Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A New World Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New World   A New World Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New World
Page 1 of 1