Share | 

Midean Elections

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Panzersharkcat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Midean Elections   Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:36 pm

Emperor Gaius Marius finds the deal agreeable and signs it.
Back to top Go down
Midancient

PostSubject: Re: Midean Elections   Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Upon receiving word that the Sacaen government wished to meet with the Midean government, the Chancellor sent word to Henry that he would be happy to meet with him at his convenience.

The Senate passed the trade agreement fairly quickly, and it was signed by the President, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the Chancellor.

(OOC: Just waiting on Veridia to confirm or reject the smuggling route proposal.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Midean Elections   Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:15 pm

(OOC: This should be interesting, given that I believe the Bastians and Veridians use similar weaponry, leveling the playing field a bit although I imagine each have their own unique weapons to give them an edge)

IC:

Lucian smiled a wiry, wicked smile at the NSP leadership when they present he and the other Veridians with their proposal. That such a proposal was being made only affirmed Lucian's belief that the NSP should be the true leadership of the Midean people. Their dedication to their people, to the extent that they would fight for their beliefs, was....refreshing. However, Lucian and his Veridian associates had an equally alluring offer to give to the NSP leadership.

"Its called a Stargate" Lucian said as he presented his own plans to the NSP. The Veridians didn't believe the Mideans had one anywhere throughout their small portion of the galaxy, but the Veridians could get one and show the Mideans how to use it. Once the Stargate was smuggled to Pleion-1, they could ship Veridian weapons (Click) without limit and with little way of anyone being about to trace or detect the Stargate's use on the planet. It would allow the Veridians to get as many weapons as the NSP thought they could need, with the only limitation being the size of the weapons themselves.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Midean Elections   Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:27 pm

(OOC: Yup. They're both vaguely Roman in styling, even though the Bastians look like bipedal cheetahs, and both have gate tech of sorts, although the Bastian variant is massive enough to let through several warships at a time.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Midean Elections   Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:49 pm

Panzersharkcat wrote:
(OOC: Yup. They're both vaguely Roman in styling, even though the Bastians look like bipedal cheetahs, and both have gate tech of sorts, although the Bastian variant is massive enough to let through several warships at a time.)

I'm guessing they'd be the equivalent of an Ori Supergate, which...if you've never seen stargate would be nothing to you but luckily, there's a wiki for that: http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Supergate

The Veridians aim to build something like this one day, once they master how to build their own stargate.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Midean Elections   Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:58 pm

Meanwhile, the Planetary Governate remains silent and inactive. The last thing they would like to do is get even more deeply involved in this tirade, and let their galactic reputations suffer even more (though the Peacekeepers in charge of the Governate hardly had a spotless reputation, with the events of the first contact with the OrdenReich and their aggressive attempt to exert influence on the newly emerged polity coming to mind, as well as their mistaken attack on a Hive scouting vessel in the midst of military exercises with the Bastians). Still, the Governate remains inert. The only activity coming from Alpha Centauri are tradeships that offer trade in consumer goods from Morgan Industries as well as minerals held in excess by Morgan Industries in exchange for energy, for the most part trying to find fair and equitable trades, most likely at the behest of Governor Lal.
Back to top Go down
Midancient

PostSubject: Re: Midean Elections   Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:03 am

(OOC: And Midancient lacks either, still relying on hyperdrives and the like. Razz )

The NSP ponders only a few moments before agreeing to the more effective Veridian plan, questioning only the feasibility of getting the stargate constructed on Pleion-1 without drawing the attention of the Midean authorities.
In anticipation of the coming weapons, the DTC has begun construction on the geothermal plant and the factory, which should be completed within a matter of weeks, given the use of prefabricated parts for an already planned non-military structure, that would now serve as the NSP's base on Pleion-1. They've also taken two dozen cargo ships out of service for "refitting", intending to refurbish them for use as the coming rebellion's first warships.

---------------------------

Chancellor Polaris is quite amenable to civilian trade with Alpha Centauri and the governate, and promises continued safe passage through Midean spaceports and similarly equitable trade practices from Midean trading companies.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Midean Elections   Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:30 am

(OOC: Well, the Bastians use hyperdrives primarily, as do the Rheans. It's only the most important systems that get warp gates, though, which shows how seriously they want Midancient on their side.)
Back to top Go down
Midancient

PostSubject: Re: Midean Elections   Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:58 am

(OOC: D'awww, love you guys, too. Razz )

The NSP has begun to play the Senate's approval of the trade agreement with the Bastians as yet another example of the "Chancellor's radical leftist puppet government seeking to sell-out to foreign powers at the expense of the common Midean citizen", in pointed condemnation of the Senate not responding to the wishes of the general population. Had the Assembly been given a say in the treaty, they claim, it would never have passed, and the NSP has used that as another point to rally supporters.

In response, the Speaker of the Assembly and the legislative leaders of the LFC and DPLC have issued a joint condemnation of the NSP's inflammatory and misinformed actions, standing in stark contrast to the NSP's claims that the Assembly would not have gone along with the Senate.

Given the increasing tensions between the DPLC and the NSP, the LFC has entered into talks with both coalitions, seeking common ground and trying to avert any more violence. At the same time, the LFC has recruited private security troops to protect its party offices and reiterated its commitment to a peaceful resolution and its loyalty to the government of Midancient above its own interests as a faction, inadvertently deepening the divide between the NSP and the DPLC, with the LFC being condemned by the NSP for siding with the DPLC rather than remaining independent of the "left wing sell-outs".
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Midean Elections   Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:33 am

(OOC: Can't blame you. They're cat people! Well, more like bipedal cheetahs but you get what I mean.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Midean Elections   Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:54 am

OOC: Mid, I forgot to make myself more clear in my last post. The Veridians can't build stargates, not yet. Instead they just take them from other, uninhabited worlds.

IC:

With the agreement met, Lucian requested the location of the planet for which the NSP leadership gave to him. Once knowing the coordinates of the ship, he sent them with one of his associates who caught the next transport off the Midean Homeworld (OOC2: I've been meaning to ask, is Midancient the name of the homeworld or just the name of the entire collective of planets..or both?) back to Centauri space and then a connecting flight back to the Veridian homeworld. Within hours three Veridian transports hyperjumped into the system of Pleion-1 and 2. They came bearing the logo of oZ, a corporate giant in the Dominion which owned subsidiary companies in many fields including construction.

Construction materials were what these transports were carrying, supplies ordered in the name of the DTC from the oZ corp. subsidiary, to be sent to Pleion-1. The manifests for the supplies were simple enough, as everything the transports were hauling where mundane raw materials. Among the supplies check by Midean customs was a ring-shape 'coupling' that, although ornate in design, did not seem out of the ordinary. With everything cleared, the transports left the space port and traveled to Pleion-1 where the materials were unloaded. Lucian and the remaining Veridians were on hand to see this process, making sure that special care of the unloading of the 'coupling' which was in fact the stargate. After it was unloaded the Veridians help the Mideans to setup the infrastructure need to power and control the device. This would take sometime, but once completed they would dial the coordinates of the gate where Veridian supplies were now being amassed, ready to ship to the NSP.
Back to top Go down
Midancient

PostSubject: Re: Midean Elections   Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:36 am

(OOC: I'll respond in full when I get up tomorrow morning, too tired to write a well-thought-out response now. As to the name, Midancient is the name of the entire commonwealth, based off of the homeworld, Midos-3 (which is also called Midancient, but officially, is Midos-3). So, it can be used to describe the homeworld, but most often describes the entire nation.)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Midean Elections   Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:39 pm

*upon receiving confirmation that the Midean government would meet with Scribe Henry, Henry had a video conference set up with the Midean chancellor*

(OOC: to save time between posts I will just assume the call has been received. I will change my post if thats not true)

Henry: Thank you for meeting with me Chancellor. I know that you are extremely busy so I'll be brief. The Ordenreich is watching your elections with great concern and wishes to help. While we are hesitant to influence your political factions as this might cause an incident we are willing to do something a little more public. I have, with me, a document already approved by the Ordenreich Hierarchy which, if signed by your government, will establish a defensive pact between your people and mine. While this is not a full alliance this will legally obligate both our peoples to help each other out. This will mean if any disasters come of your election like a rebellion or revolution we would contribute military resources to your government to quell the uprising. This also means that we would offer asylum to your government and people should the worst come to pass. Now I am not hinting that your government will fall apart but the Ordenreich is anxious for a true friend which we have not yet found and we would be saddened to see your people torn apart especially when you are so new to the galactic community. Whether or not you accept this arrangement is no concern. We will not hold any malice towards you for rejecting and you have my personal assurance that the Ordenreich will not attempt to subvert your government's authority by working behind your political factions. So what do you say?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Midean Elections   

Back to top Go down

Midean Elections
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues :: National News-
Jump to: