Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Magna Aurelia

Magna Aurelia

Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Empty
PostSubject: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:04 pm

It is an honor to /finally/ locate an active FT region of perfect size, freedom and responsibilities which work in unison to produce a high quality roleplay!

I have had over seven years of net roleplay experience from Gaiaonline to Max Barry's NationStates, and it is my hope that I can spice up some regional conflict with my nation of slaver-hippies desperate sentients whom are enticed forced to make Janissaries out of human children. In real life, I am a high school senior with excellent grades, and it is my ultimate Dharma to become a biochemical engineer for USAMRIID / Sandia Laboratories.

Thank you all for welcoming me!
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:06 pm

Welcome. It's nice to see an alien species in RP rather than humans or humanoids (something I'm guilty of).
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:24 pm

It's good to have you with us! Our region has been rather small, for a while, and only recently have we actually had more than you can count on one hand. We don't have the greatest visibility, but I'm fairly certain that of all of the regions that call themselves FT RP regions, we actually have a reasonable amount of activity, and more important, IMHO, continuity.

Some stuff I would suggest you do: you should probably set up a few factbooks in the Factbooks section of the forum, so we could get a better idea of your nation, and it would be great if you could consider joining Skype to ease communication (there's a thread in the Members Only forum about it). By no means a requirement, but it makes setting up RPs much easier. Also, look in the Map forum and at the official FT map. I can add you basically anywhere (except the top left quadrant, the Sith Empire is there, and I'm being completely serious). The bottom left and the far bottom right are probably the best places, just so the map doesn't get too crowded.

Finally, you might want to consider thinking up some kind of first contact RP, it's a very standard way to open up into RPing.

Last edited by Selathorn on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Yes, he is being serious. The Sith Empire there is my baby. There's also a planet hidden away housing the remnants of one of their expeditions to our chunk of the galaxy.
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:53 pm

Thank you all for welcoming me! I do have a Skype account set up, and I am in the process of writing up a few factbooks of my species. ^^ I am still debating whether they should be humanoid or not. -Sweat-
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Alright, feel free to post an ID in the thread and we'll try to get you set up in our group Smile
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 7:09 pm

It's OK if they are. We'll just hang a lampshade on it and move on. A bunch of species involved in the Sith War RP were humanoids and I also have Superman hanging around Earth.
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:42 pm

Oi! May I ask where a species's biology falls under?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 10:45 pm

You could probably put it under "social". We aren't particularly strict about where to put things, they can go basically wherever as long as it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 8:42 pm

Okay... How old is the Galaxy?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:03 pm

The galaxy we RP in is basically the Milky Way. Looking at Wikipedia, it looks like the age of the Milky Way is 12.5 billion years or so, so let's go with that.
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:05 pm

Thank you, mate! Smile
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:17 pm

Oh hi there. Didn't mean to be late to the welcome parade, but apparently my clocks are slow.

Welcome Razz
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Thank you, Burnination! Wink I am writing up a lengthy evolution timeline... It will be groovy.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:09 pm

You really were serious about the biochemical engineer thing, the detail you've gone to is staggering. It's so staggering that you're making me look bad Razz (Though, I've always had a propensity of not really posting much background, probably as a result of retconning often).

Also, again, I would sorely recommend you join us in Skype, it really makes communication and setting up RPs easier, considering how slow the forums can be sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 11:07 pm

Yeah. What's your skypename Razz
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 1:54 am

Welcome ! (my even later "welcome" should make you feel better now burn)

I do apologize for my lateness and do welcome you to the region. I think you will find this a most enjoyable bunch of fellows to RP with.
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 9:36 am

Aight... What is the current IC date?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 10:30 am

That's a bit of a harder question to answer. Just based on the nature of space, there really can't be one "official" date, given that dates are more or less artificially based on orbiting around the Sun or the Moon orbiting around the Earth, in the case of lunar calendars. Most of us run by different dates, and time essentially passes generally as a matter of mutual consensus, but the date on Earth is currently sometime around 2286. I decided to synch my dates up with that so currently in my nation it is MY (Mission Year) 2286 as well, though no one is obligated to do such a thing. You could measure things in Earth years, though you're more than welcome to straight-up make up your own dates.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 6:07 pm

Wait, if it's 2286, should we go ahead and do another Olympics?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 6:34 pm

I suppose we could, depending on who wants to host it. I can't do it, obviously, based on the fact that I did it last year, and that I am rather busy this year. Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be 2286 yet, that's just mostly what I'm going by because I don't like time standing still.

Also, sorry for the derail, Aurelia Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!   Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello, mates! Magna Aurelia/ Nationalist Tantalus 'ere!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Immigration Center :: Introductions-
Jump to: