Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Glowing Energy?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:52 pm

(OOC: *sigh* I just can't really RP fight scenes and such. I also don't do well with severe restrictions. It seems kind of awkward especially since I would much rather move along. For sake of convienence I'll delete my suicide post but leave the others as is and Burn can RP something about me getting dragged into your cell after getting interrogated, beaten, etc. I am leaving the "fleet leaving" post however because it does make sense that a nation would take precautions if a mysterious alien space rock made a ship disappear but I will modify the KIA part and take out the part about cutting off contact)

EDIT: Adjustments made waiting on Burn
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

avatar

Posts : 350
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 31
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Quintus attempts to undercut the creature in its groan, assuming naturally that it has a groan. This maneuver, however, is thwarted when the Captain takes one of Petra's feet to the stomach and is then thrown backwards a few feet away from it and the still unconscious Decimus.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:26 am

(OOC: I apologize for recent inactivity, workload picked up again. Will post here ASAP.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:07 pm

As all the people in the room are variously attacking Petra, it seems as though he is at least mildly hurt, but startled more than anything else. It is clear that he is very strong, considering how far Thorgood went and how hard he struck the wall.

Anyway, for whatever reason though, Petra's eyes roll up into his head, and both heads' eyes close, and it crumples unconsciously to the ground, falling to its knees, then rolling over and falling all the way down. Perhaps their kind is less able to deal with surprise and stress than the other humanoids.

Anyway, Lt. Fazz kicks the club away from Petra's unconscious mass, and then runs over to Thorgood and checks his pulse.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

avatar

Posts : 2019
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 20
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:18 pm

In the meantime, Doctor Kai begins to inspect the stun-weapon that Petra held, trying to determine if inspecting it carefully could give him any insights on the technology of their mysterious captors.

(OOC: I guess Sacae will just have to go along with being with us the whole time, which canonically speaking he was anyways?)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

avatar

Posts : 350
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 31
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:27 pm

Quintus, a bit dazed, tries shaking Decimus awake but it appears to do little to help as it seems the man is simply out cold. Looking around the room it seemed to the Captain that the rest of the group were no more worse for wear although the one thrown across the room and against the wall (Thorgood) seemed still down. He also noticed Doctor Kai messing around with the creatures gun. Then he noticed that the door... Or well the opening was still... well... open.

"If everyone can walk I suggest we leave before that thing wakes up" Quintus said.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2510
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 27
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:57 pm

"I'd suggest making sure he permanently stays down but going down that path may lead to the same being done to us."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:35 am

(OOC: *sigh* fine)

*Order Captain Calvin had been watching from the shadows during the whole conversation between his fellow prisoners and stayed silent during the scuffle between the new alien species and the others. He finally stepped out of the shadows when they presumably knocked the alien unconscious*

Calvin: Well... if you ladies are quite done we really must get going and try to find a way out of this place. Oh and weapons would be nice, too.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:37 pm

Fazz looks at Doctor Kai. "Careful with that thing." Almost before the sentence can finish itself, the doorway the creature had walked through vanishes the same way it had appeared. In any case, Decimus reawakens at this point.

Fazz frowns when Calvin speaks. "Oh, yes, and we should take some cake as well, and perhaps they'll comp us for express tickets back from here to home."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Back outside Centauri space, another glowing ball emitting energy appears, though this time it appears to be a slightly different type of emission, and it's blue, not green.

16 Motherships and 50 starships appear shortly after, guns hot...

(OOC: Anyone not yet involved can certainly feel free to hop in at this point.)


Last edited by Burnination on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sela pointed out my nice spelling error :P)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

avatar

Posts : 2019
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 20
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:44 pm

The Planetary Governate is certainly not willing in any way to risk another set of ships to what had happened before, and does not send any ships, although a great number of sensors are turned upon the ball and data already known is processed furiously, trying to determine what exactly was going on.

***

Meanwhile, Doctor Kai says to Lt. Fazz, "Of course I'm trying to be careful, relax. Now, perhaps if it can stun someone in such a strange and unnatural way, could it unstun them back?" He then tried to determine how the device was activated, looking at it very carefully and trying to guess what the controls would be.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:49 pm

Calvin: Be careful with that thing. Last thing we need is to be dragging dead weight out of here.

*Calvin peeks out the door and looks both ways, looking for potential enemies and ways out of the "prison"*

---

*T.S.F. Marienburg and 2nd field fleet on route to home systems*

Officer: Sir, we got a red flag. Another power fluctuation from Alpha Centauri. Different emissions but same mysterious energy.

Jager: Too similar and close together to be coincidences...

Officer: Sir, another update. O.S.S.C has ordered us back to Alpha Centauri. We are to link up with the 1st, 3rd, and 5th field fleets which have already been dispatched and find out once and for all what happened to our ship.

Jager: Right. Turn us around helmsmen. I want to be first contact.

Officer: Aye sir.

Jager: Whats our ETA in relation to our other fleets.

Officer: minus 5 minutes sir. We will be lone wolfing it for a short time.

Jager: Fine. Get us there and bring the fleet up to combat alert alpha.

Officer: Roger that sir.

(Field fleets consist of 3 dreadnoughts, 2 carries, 13 battlecruisers, 20 destroyers, and 32 frigates each [using mass effect as a template])
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

avatar

Posts : 2019
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 20
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:25 am

(OOC: Sacae, I believe the doorway just disappeared, though.

"Almost before the sentence can finish itself, the doorway the creature had walked through vanishes the same wait it had appeared.")
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:05 pm

(OOC: Damn spelling error in that sentence you went and quoted Razz. Fix'd now though Smile.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2510
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 27
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:09 pm

(OOC: Until corrected, Captain Morgan will suppress a chuckle at the Sacaen captain hitting his head on the wall where the door used to be.)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:44 pm

(OOC: Lets go with that...)

Calvin: Ooook... plan B? Hold the unconscious alien hostage?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

avatar

Posts : 2019
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 20
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:56 pm

Doctor Kai shrugs as he continues to inspect the alien device, "An idea, certainly, but that would require aliens present to negotiate with, and I'm not exactly confident that our already weakened group can face a serious assault of these things."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2510
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 27
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:47 pm

"Still, it's the best plan we have. Unless they decide to move him out of here the way they did with our ships, we can do that or sit with our thumbs up our asses."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:50 pm

The blue ball of energy does not expand like the green one did. Instead it fades, leaving a small ship where the center was.

For clarity's sake, the ball of energy is gone. A small ship, as in NASA space shuttle sized, is left, broadcasting what sounds like a mayday in a strange tongue.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Fazz brushes Thorgood's forhead, and Thorgood awakes with a choke. "That -- *splutters* -- was fun. We should do it again."

The device Kai is examining is a strange elliptical shape, much like a guitar pick. It is a solid purple color with two black buttons. Both are unlabeled. Presumably, one is for knocking something out, and the other for the strange doorway.

"I say we leave that thing here, and get the hell as far out of here as we can," Fazz says, pulling Thorgood into a more comfortable position. "If we can find and jailbreak my crew or some equipment, we should be fine."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

avatar

Posts : 2019
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 20
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Doctor Kai says, "Well then, I suppose this thing should be capable of opening that doorway. First of all, I think all of us should back off away from the doorway, so that no one is capable of seeing us if I choose the doorway option, and please try to stand so that neither end of the device points towards you so no one is stunned if I pick the stunning option. I don't think I want to stun anyone, not at this point, anyways."
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:44 am

Calvin: Right...

*Calvin backs away*

Calvin: I should also note that Ordenreich stealth frigates are designed to carry 4 harbinger nuclear mines. Each mine has a 6 megaton yield. Just putting it out there in case we need to cover any escape and we happen to find our ships.

---

*The Ordenreich 2nd field fleet dropped out of FTL and was shortly followed by the 1st, 3rd, and 5th field fleets, the latter making up a lot of time by swinging around the gravity of another planet to quickly move back into FTL space when they were forced to drop out of FTL due to being got in another system's gravity well. All ships warmed up weapons and moved into formation.*

Jager: This is Knight Commander Jager of the T.S.F. Marienburg, representing the Ordenreich 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th Field Fleets. We are moving into position to capture or destroy the alien presence that just came in.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
avatar

Posts : 2510
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 27
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:35 am

He pauses for a moment to think and then says, "Noted. Now let's get the Hell out of here."
---
The Rhean contingent finally appears, in the form of a pair of Star Destroyers and another Immobilizer 418 cruiser.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

avatar

Posts : 350
Join date : 2011-08-11
Age : 31
Location : North Carolina

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:01 am

Decimus awakens and looks like a man whose has a serious hangover. "Too much Veridian Whiskey my friend?" Quintus jokingly asks Decimus who simply glares at him. By the time Decimus has gotten back to his feet, the others appear to have formulated a plan. Not having to ask Decimus twice, he positions himself far from Kai and the weapon, Quintus stays close as Decimus still appears somewhat weaken from the blast though his strength is slowly returning.

______________________________________________________________________________

The Oculus had witnessed the event, though had moved a good distance from the blue glowing ball in hopes of not becoming the next victim. When it vanished and left the small shuttle, the Veridian ship's sensors or well better said, its communication systems, began intercepting the message coming from the ship. They attempted to translate the message but failed, it was obviously a language they'd not be given by either the Rheans or the Centauri. Unless one of the other races had better luck and were willing to share, the Veridian crew begin a very lengthy experiment in breaking down the message in hopes of translating the language.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

avatar

Posts : 688
Join date : 2012-04-27
Age : 26
Location : Tennessee or Illinois, USA

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:36 am

Calvin: Right... (mumbles to self) someone get me a f**ken gun...

---

Jager: This is Knight Commander Jager. Attack patterns locked in on unknown vessel. All ships watch for any mysterious energies. The Ordenreich will no longer suffer further losses of ships to alien mind games. Give me open broadcast mike.

Officer: On sir

Jager: This is Knight Commander Jager to unknown alien vessel. We have your vessel in our scopes and we have over 100 ships locked on and ready to attack if necessary. Identify yourself and your intentions now or be destroyed. You have 30 seconds to comply. Jager out.

(OOC: I don't plan on destroying the ship unless Burn gives me the ok. This is RPing on my account)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

avatar

Posts : 2019
Join date : 2010-07-25
Age : 20
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:58 am

The Centauri, not exactly wanting to completely miss out on the action, sends out a cruiser and two frigates out to the scene as token support, and attempts to use the Universal Translator link on their ships to decipher the meaning of the alien message.

***

Doctor Kai nods at everyone else, and stands just off of where the doorway would be. He then presses the top button, which he announces to the others, and if that one turns out to be the stun button and does not stun him in the process, he presses the bottom button.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1878
Join date : 2010-07-23
Age : 23
Location : NJ

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:29 am

The shuttle's only response is to lose power. That is, ships would note that the apparent distress beacon is cut off, and power use on the ship drops. It's questionable that life support will continue to be present in the shuttle for much longer.

The Centauri ships that attempted to translate the message got a very confused response -- the language of the creatures onboard must be very different from anything known. "...Help us be help..."

One of the Burninite ships chooses now to transmit a message. "We want to beam this whole thing onto a Craftworld for study. Do any of the militaries here object to that? You can all send scientists or observers or whatnot." It's Teresa's voice.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The first button Doctor Kai presses does nothing. The second opens the "doorway."

Fazz helps Thorgood to his feet, where he continues to need support, swaying a tad dizzily. "Concussion, I think," Fazz says.

"Thanks Alger," Thorgood replies drily. "Where are we going and what is our goal here? Also should we split up or remain together?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    

Back to top Go down
 
Glowing Energy?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11 ... 19  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Rhino's Energy Drink Logo
» Solar Energy Engineering, Second Edition: Processes and Systems
» Chelsea - Rhino's Energy Drink Logo
» Glowing Usernames [for MyBB]
» Energy factor....

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: