Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Glowing Energy?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:52 pm

"That will be all for now Knight Commander" said Servius. "However, I assure you that the Dominion is very interested in continued cooperation between our people. Especially, now that we realize our people have together, been taken hostage. Along with our ships...ships which I am sure are as valuable to your government as they are to ours, both for the physical price as well as their wealth in state secrets. I will return to my vessel and continue to scan the area to see if we can find anything in the form of radiation or the like that we might be able to trace. Again, I will keep our lines of communication open and will forward any data we came come across to you."

With that Servius asked to be taken back to his ship. Once back on board he order it back out into the area in question and began scanning again.

Neither Decimus nor Quintus were sufficiently pleased with the answers the creature gave. We the creature showed them their means of urination (and presumably defecation) they were repulsed. It was completely unsanitary and both would wait til the last minute to relieve themselves. Both believe either nor together, that they could take the creature so it seemed that for now they would have to play along though not entirely being as accommodating as this creature would like.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:36 pm

*Knight Commander Jager ordered the entire fleet to regroup and then sat silently in space while the others work. The scanning equipment of their warships were not as good as actual sensor ships so he sent out a message to the others informing them that the fleet would stand by for further information on the missing ships and be ready to help however they can should the others need it*
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:06 am

TO: The nations whose ships were lost earlier today

We'd like to offer our orbital science lab to figuring this one out. Anyone interested in using our facilities is welcome.

Sincerely,
Consul Jenova Incinerator

The Rhean ships searching for that particular kind of radiation fail. However, all the ships scanning the area find definite traces of FTL launch, seemingly most analogous to the Rutian method. Burninite jumpers that have been out there have managed to determine direction, but there is absolutely nothing in the galaxy in any of the direction trajectories that they have determined are likely.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"It is," Petra responds with a dismissive tone towards Doctor Kai.

"That seems to have been enough along the lines of questions," the other head says. It cocks its head to the side, and points at Decimus. "That one."

There is a purple glow, and Decimus falls unconscious. The creature begins to walk over to where Decimus has fallen...
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:01 pm

(OOC: I'm going to wait till the "aliens" interact with my missing character seeing as my RP with the search has come to an end)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:58 pm

They switch to scanning for other forms of FTL travel as well and reach the same conclusions. They offer to spam probe droids in the trajectories deemed likely.
---------------------------
Meanwhile, annoyed that he didn't have his questions answered, he walks up behind it to kick it in the groin.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 3:09 pm

Doctor Kai notices what Captain Morgan seems to be doing, and weighs the merits of it. On one hand, it might be unexpected enough to be successful, but on the other hand, the consequences of doing so seemed... grim. In any case, he positions himself so that if he notices that Morgan's kick seems to have affected the creature significantly he can join in and cajole the others to do so as well as to overwhelm their captors.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 3:49 pm

Lt. Fazz does something that looks like military hand signals, and Thorgood and he move to flank the creature (quietly and inconspicuously) to support Cpt. Morgan regardless of whether or not his attack appears successful.

Fazz is currently wondering what would happen if you clonked their heads together Smile.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 4:50 pm

When Decimus's lifelessly falls to the ground, Quintus is quick to check his fellow Veridian for a pulse. Realizing he is still alive the Captain then turns towards the creature and enters into a fighting-like stance. "This is outrageous, whatever you believe yourself to be makes no difference to any of us. You have no authority what so ever to take us against our will" he says as the creature looms closer.

OOC:

I thought you might get a kick out of this, found it while clicking through deviantart and reminded me instantly of the captors:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/305/c/6/ettin_sculpt_by_minohkim-d5jm2fx.jpg
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 6:05 pm

(OOC: Burn any suggestions on what I should do? Kind of at a crossroad on what I should do with my character [captured one]. I am open to taking the diplomatic route with your new alien species if you are not to insistent of beating the crap out of them)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:28 pm

(OOC: I didn't start it, Sacae. Panpan did Razz. I won't tell you whether diplomacy or violent breakout is easier/better. I won't tell you whether attacking the creature will succeed or fail. Not ahead of time at least. Gotta choose Razz

@ Veridia, that is very close to how I imagine Petra. Except put a club in one hand and that purple thing that they used to stun Decimus in the other Razz)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:40 pm

(OOC: I just don't know. I am trying to talk to the aliens but no one is talking back as my character is initially keeping quiet. Its getting to a point that I am considering having my character take poison and the crew blowing the stealth frigate up to prevent capture)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 1:15 pm

(OOC: So what's going to happen. He started the kick already.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:15 pm

When Quintus moves into a fighting position to stand against the creature, Cpt. Morgan kicks it in the groin. It seems momentarily fazed, and begins to turn. Presumably, Quintus strikes the creature as well, and Fazz jumps up and tries to hit its heads together. Thorgood grabs the club and tries to wrest it from the creature's grasp. All this occurs very quickly, and the creature drops the club in its startlement.

It roars, throws Fazz off its back, and swings its massive arms at Morgan and Thorgood, one of its feet lashing towards Quintus.

Thorgood goes flying across the room, hitting the opposite wall with a thud. Fazz falls, but continues swinging limbs at the creature from behind. The creature seems frenzied, but possibly more than just a little fazed...
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:51 pm

Doctor Kai uses it as an opportunity to attempt to grab the purple stunning object and seize it from the grip of the creature, while trying to evade any hits from the creature.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:42 pm

Captain Morgan also tries to jump on its back but instead tries to put it in a choke hold on the right head.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 8:35 pm

(Removed)

Last edited by Sacae on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:30 am

(OOC: Calvin is in the same room as everyone else, and there are no other guards. It's probably a good idea for you to attack Petra as well, but the above post can't stand.

For future reference, it's considered good manners to post only what your controlled units do, not its effects. So if you were going to attack a guard, for instance, you post the attack, and leave it to the controller of the guard to state that the guard falls unconscious, etc.)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 12:41 am

*O.S.S.C ordered its fleets in Alpha Centauri space back to Ordenreich space declaring its missing crew possibly KIA. The Ordenreich declares that this is a defensive measure on their part and once the other powers kind more conclusive evidence about the missing ships the Ordenreich will commit all military resources to finding them*

Last edited by Sacae on Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 1:05 am

(OOC: But he wasn't in a different room.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 1:42 am

(OOC: Um, OK.
Burnination wrote:
For, Thorgood and the captains of the other vessels awake, finding themselves in a room about 20 meters by 20 meters. The walls are opaque and there is no obvious door or window anywhere. There is no furniture in the room. Nothing, in fact. Everything is a solid brown color. Those who awake remember nothing. They are conscious that time has passed, as though a dreamless sleep occurred. They do not have any recollection of being brought here, nor do they recollect anything except being onboard their ships, a blank space, and then this.
Not sure how to be much clearer. I'd go back and quote everything that occurred that was directed at you, but effort.

Will continue with the RP when VP posts.)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 1:59 am

(OOC: I specifically said I was in a different room)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 2:40 am

(OOC: But Burn said you weren't and he's GMing the game, so to speak. If he says your guy was put in the same room as the other prisoners, he was.)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:06 pm

(OOC: Sacae, you were being no more ignored than any of us were. All of Burn's posts involving the room stood for you as much as for any of us, because those posts were directed to everyone inside the room. At no point were you ever moved out, as Panzer and Burn have pointed out. You were free to have you character act and do whatever they so chose in the room, and as GM Burn would have posted the response of the creature, seeing as the creature is a NPC. Generally speaking, in RPs like this, you would control your characters and the person who creates the thread would control their characters plus NPCs created for the express purpose of the RP, so the NPCs would be treated like characters under the control of the GM. Also, if you wanted to talk with the aliens, you could have just done that, as you were in the same room after all and there was a golden opportunity before everyone began to try to attack.)
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 5:00 pm

OOC: I know that but if you read my posts I was in a seperate room because that was what I thought was the case. I wish Burn informed me of this earlier instead of continuing on and me waiting like a dumbass for a nonexistent NPC that Burn was supposedly supposed to control to talk to me. Read my former post where we were first captured before continuing
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 5:22 pm

(OOC: Well, OK, I looked at your first post, and there was nothing there to convey that you thought you were in a separate room. Though you didn't mention of any of our characters, there was nothing that said that you character wasn't with the rest of them.

However, then looking at some of the other posts, I noticed the one where your guy said your information to the creature. I thought that you meant that you were talking to the same one as all of us and so I was pretty sure that you thought that you were with us, because it definitely looked like you were replying to the same creature's question. From that one I was pretty sure that you were with us, but I guess not.

And then there were your OOC posts about the aliens not interacting with you, and in retrospect, yeah, that should have been a pretty big sign to say that you didn't realize that you were in the same room with us. I agree that Burn should have notified you about the fact that we were all in the same room, but from my point of view, it seemed like you knew you with with us, and up until now I had simply thought you were asking Burn if your planned actions were OK with those last OOC posts. Because of that, I'm really not sure if he could of, because you really did nothing very overt to suggest you were in another room. In the future, I do think we all should try to communicate more clearly, that being very important in RP, though I was thinking that the fact that we were all talking to one another and to the same creature might have been a strong indicator that we were together, though that's easy enough for me to say, I'll admit.

In any case, Sacae, could you please reconsider dropping out of this RP like that? I don't think there was any malicious intent on anyone's part in this RP and there's no reason why you can't keep participating, since it's only just been getting interesting. I really don't want you to feel bitter about RPing with us, we're generally not the kind to actively exclude people.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glowing Energy?
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: