Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Glowing Energy?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 4:16 pm

Consul Jenova Incinerator and a small delegation appear on the uninhabited planet at the coordinates they specified in the earlier message and immediately erect a large bunker.

Jenova awaits the arrival of other delegations to discuss response.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thorgood goes off to program the teleporters and shoots Jenova a message.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:44 pm

OOC: Burn, I'm going to assume Eliza was beamed back onboard her ship and it left.

IC:

Eliza's return to Veridia Prime was greatly anticipated by the leadership, especially after word reached them before her travel back that she'd procured the information from the Gar"zhog that they so desperately sought. Not long after her arrival, Dominion scientists and other scholars began transcribing the information from the book into their archives. The data was massive and so too was their task of not only analyzing it but discovering a weakness between the two races that the Dominion had the capacity to exploit.

Marcus, eager to see what they'd learned so far, met with some of the lead scientist, including Dr. Servius. "As you can see most honorable Triumvir, both aliens are complex biological creatures" said Servius as he and Marcus stood before two holographic representations of a Hildenburen and Gar"zhog, the image slightly changing every so often to expose the different inner organ and bone structures of each. "We're still analyzing much of the data however we see no indication to believe either are any less vulnerable to viruses and infection than say, ourselves. We feel very confident that we'll have something soon."

"Good" said Marcus, "but do not forget doctor that times is not on our side necessarily. We need something soon and devout everyone we have to this problem."

"Of course Triumvir"

One of the first to arrive to the uninhabited planet was the Veridian Delegate, Triumvir and Supreme Commander of Dominion Forces, Flavian Sabinus aboard a single Veridian battlecruiser that soon cruised and sat in high orbit over the planet. Though offered, Flavian declined transport down to the planet's surface via the Burnite method and instead had a Veridian shuttle take him down to the surface, landing mere feet away from the bunker than had been established for the meeting. The simplest of pleasantries were exchanged by the Veridian to his host.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 5:54 pm

(OOC: Sorry, yes, you are a good assumer Razz)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 5:59 pm

Sarek arrives with the Emperor Dmitri not long after.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 7:18 pm

(OOC: Sorry about slow response time and abruptness, but I am currently what you would call as busy as hell.)

Brother Lal and Commander Aaron soon arrive themselves.
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 2:18 am

*The Ordenreich delegate fails to show up and no word comes from the Hierarchy*

(OOC: This is something that me and Burn are working on. I'm not leaving the RP or mad about anything just proceed without me)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 11:23 pm

(OOC: Home at last! I should post tomorrow.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 11:43 pm

(OOC: All on this thread, Sacae. Decided don't need new threads. Just FYI.)

Once all the ambassadors from the various nations arrive, Jenova officially begins the meeting. The dugout has become quite sophisticated very quickly.

She explains shortly that this world was uninhabited when they were first contacted by the offending powers, and suggests that this may afford safety, and that she hopes it would be acceptable to serve as as a communication center between their governments during the struggle.

She voices support for a galactic refusal to support either power. She suggests the nonmilitary solutions offered/promised by the Thorgood/University science effort, and then relinquishes the floor for discussion.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 12:29 am

"I agree with the Consul Jenova. Though I have seen into the minds of both races, neither appear to be truly in the right nor are they clear as to the cause of the initial rebellion. Until we can determine these, we cannot support either power in war." Sarek sits back down.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 3:52 pm

Slowly, Brother Lal nods, and says, "Yes, I believe that the proposal is well in line with the policy we had adopted concerning this matter. To choose sides in this war that is not our matter will be folly. However, I am not quite certain that what you have proposed goes far enough. In order to truly enforce our neutrality, we must be willing to act as one should the neutrality of any polity be violated. An attack on one neutral polity must be considered an attack on all. This way, I believe that we may best preserve the independence our galaxy has and the neutral stance that we must take on this matter."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 10:11 am

"I'm inclined not to go for such an alliance," Jenova says. "At least not without some out. What if their forces are judged unstoppable and they get past whatever technological inventions we devise to keep them out of the galaxy?"
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Brother Lal looks back at Jenova, casting a cursory glance, before replying, "Though the Governate - and, as I am quite sure, all of the factions - are quite willing to make a stand to the last man to protect our sovereignty and preserve the distinctness of our memeplexes, I understand that not all other polities or their citizens have such concerns. As such, I am willing to concede that the polities should simply fight to the best of their ability, and the aliens prove unbeatable then they are free to withdraw from the conflict to do what they can to preserve their citizenry."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:13 pm

"While neutrality is a safe decision, the Dominion does not feel it is the best decision to ensure victory in this battle. It has already been said that the enemy's forces may be unstoppable, indeed both have shown a level or technology that rivals most if not all of the galactic community. What we'd rather suggest is that we come to a decision and choose a side." said Flavian Sabinus.

"I understand that such a decision cannot come lightly and despite the best efforts of the galaxy, we've have little evidence to work on. However, let us not forget it was the Hildenburen who without warning took from this galaxy ships and their crew to a location unknown to us. They gave us no evidence to count out the possibility that those officer's minds weren't probe, that their knowledge of their planet's defenses weren't copied for the enemy's use?"

"What evidence do we have against the 'Gar"zhog? They have done nothing to provoke us nor have they breach any one planet's security."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:38 pm

Brother Lal eyes Triumvir Sabinus carefully, and when he is done speaking, he says, "Though I believe that the esteemed Trimvir has made valid observations on the actions of these two races, I firmly maintain that to choose a side in this conflict is folly. It is true that if we were to do so our combined forces could potentially allow one side victory in the war, however what then? How can be be sure that we can maintain any degree of independence following that, after they have set up bases in our territory and presumably settled into them? I am sure that they will maintain a continued military presence, but more dangerously they could choose to - or even passively - subvert us through memetic domination or the allure of technology. I fear for our independence and sovereignty, and I have no doubt that my people are more than willing to fight for it. If a consensus is made to pick a side, I am afraid that we will simply refuse to comply with the decision and continue following our current policy of conditional neutrality."

(OOC: Kind of off-topic, but Veridia, I really need to congratulate you on your military factbook. Trying to find all the Dominion seals was like finding Waldo. Razz)

Last edited by Selathorn on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 3:51 am

(OOC: Just to confirm. I talked to Burn and my nation won't be participating in the talks for reasons that Burn and I will keep to ourselves for the time being. I will leave it up to Burn to bring me back into the RP)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 12:44 am

(OOC: I'll play it as soon as the talks are complete, Sacae. You could be participating in them, technically, but either way.)

"I do not believe that their power is so much greater than ours that they are unbeatable if we work together," Jenova says, along the lines of what Brother Lal said.

(OOC: Also I would be go for resolving the talks OOC very quickly so we can bring this RP to an explosive conclusion Wink)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 3:52 am

"Yes but think of the opportunities gained in aiding one side over the other" stated Flavian. We gain not only a better understanding of their enemy but also of them. By aiding the Gar"'zhog we stand the chance of being inadvertently exposed to the very thing that may stop them as well. It would allow us to ensure our independence rather than simply hope to defend it."

"Simply stated, there is no garantee any of our own actions will defend this galaxy and we simply need more information. Aiding the Gar''zhog would give us just that or at least the opportunity to do so. However, the Dominion shall not dictate to others on what actions they should take. Let it simply be known now that the Veridians will take a side in this matter. "

OOC: Unless anyone has any further arguments, I've said all that the Dominion would want to say and have no problem with you moving along Burn.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 5:20 pm

(OOC: Just wrapping up my part in this.)

Brother Lal shrugs very slightly, and says to Triumvir Sabinus, "Such is your choice. I do not suspect that it can be changed now, and if that is your choice, so be it. I do not consider it to be a wise choice, or a choice that is beneficial to the independence or security of the galaxy, but it is in your right to make it. Remember, however, that you alone shall stand in this venture to aid the Gar'zhog, and the repercussions of this alliance that you seem to seek. What goes for them will in part go for you."

He then turns back to the other representatives, and says, "But barring the esteemed Trimvir, then, I believe we are all in agreement?"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 12:53 am

"That is correct."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 9:36 am

The Burninites and Centauri do their best to set up the grid preparing for alien invasion.

Unfortunately, their assumptions have been mostly incorrect. The aliens have other means of transport, so their sensor grids provide no advanced warning. What does provide advanced warning for them is broadcasts from the Sacaen system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmsCnZwsmAc

(OOC: Awesome work with the video, Sacae.)

Burninite forces, once last ditch distress beacons are picked up, immediately mobilize. They message the Centauri that they are doing so to coordinate military efforts. There is no word on which race is responsible for the attack. It could be either, or both.

The Veridians receive an encrypted, private message from the Hildenburen that suggests that they move their fleets to Sacaen space and oppose any non-Hildenburen fleets that appear there.

A Gar''zhog transport is picked up by the sensor grid, but immediately inundated with strange matter, and no Gar''zhog transmissions are received.

(ENCRYPTED)
TO: Any Remaining Sacaen Vessels and Personnel

Help is on the way. When you sense the arrival of craftworlds or hear our radio traffic, we will do our best to rescue whatever you have left.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Port Garland, Planetary Defense Force Command Center

Five officers sat before the holoprojector, Commander Aaron standing behind it. All five of the officers were high ranking members of the Planetary Defense Force's Space Fleet, all of them Admirals who commanded fleets in their own right, and they had been summoned quickly after the footage was recieved. After having watched the video, all five sat in stunned silence, and breaking the silence was Commander Aaron, who said quite simply,

"So it begins."

There was a general murmur and a nod of assent from the five Admirals, who had been caught completely by surprise by the attack, only being vaguely aware of the situation. Then, Commander Aaron briefly looked at them, and said then urgently, "I trust that the gravity of our situation has already been impressed into the five of you. With that being said, get onto your flagships and ready your fleets. Admiral Svensgaard, and Admiral Wantanabe, you shall lead the home defense effort. The others shall join the relief force. Some instructions have already been sent to your messaging clients based on what I have managed to muster in what little time I have had. More messages will be forthcoming, and I myself will soon come to lead aboard the UNS Odysseus."

With that, the Centauri forces began to mobilize...

Last edited by Selathorn on Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:39 pm

TO: All Allied forces
FROM: Knight Commander Jager, Current Commander of all Ordenreich forces
***MESSAGE CORRUPTED. ATTEMPTING TO RECONSTRUCT...***

This is...nder Jager of the TSF Konigsburg... they came withou... were unable to mount defense... core worlds overrun... orga... Hamburg system... fleet still intact... ilding experimental super weapon... assist...
...erly,

Knight Commander Jager
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:04 pm

A few week prior to the attack on Sacaen System...

"Dr. Servius, we received your final reports and we are impressed, the Triumvirate, at your speed and your work" said Marcus.

"It was trying most honorable Triumvirs, but after many trials and errors we believe we have the weapons we sought to discover."

"How long until they are fully ready for use Doctor?"

"A few more days gracious Triumvirs and the weaponized versions will be complete and ready to deploy."

"Margin of error Docotor?"

"Hardly calculable, though admittedly present."

"The future of our existence rides on this Dr. Servius, we can only hope that it is indeed hardly calculable."

(OOC: I'll PM you Burn on the specifics of my idea.)

Without warning around 30 ships of varying Veridian classes were to be dispatched to Sacaen space. They were not heading straight for the homeworld but instead for a secondary system within their realm of control. They were unaware of what they would find although the data given to them by the Hildenburen suggested there was at least one habitable world in that area. The enemy, whoever that was to turn out to be, was perhaps looking to invade the world and take it for their own. Everyone on the ships did their utmost to prepare the ships for what await them once they made the jump, weapons were brought online and missiles were to be ready for launch as soon as they entered the system and have targeted locks on their enemy. The Hildenburen wanted them to fire only on the Gar''zhog and while the Veridians did not entirley have a problem with this it would make it a bit more difficult for them to play both sides. The Veridians would also try and make contact with the Ordenreich, assuming the planet was inhabited by them or any of them still existed.

With their preparations made, the 30 ships made the jump.

Last edited by Veridia Prime on Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:13 pm

*Ordenreich planet, Purgatorio. A few hours after the attack on Livenstein*

Information:
NAME: Purgatorio
POPULATION: 2 Million
DESIGNATION: Agricultural colony
GOODS: Food Products, Spices, Medicinal Herbs
MILITARY CAPACITY: 4 frigates, 1 light cruiser
LOADOUTS: Standard Armaments, faster than normal engines for frigates for anti-piracy measures
NOTABLE MILITARY ASSETS: None
STRATEGIC VALUE: Negligible
STANDING ORDERS FOR MILITARY FORCES: Keep the peace, continue ongoing anti-piracy countermeasures
(STAND BY, RECEIVING NEW ORDERS)
NEW STANDING ORDERS: Evacuation of colony to O.S.S.C Frontier Command Post on Hamburg. Code Black is in effect. Orders are non-negotiable.

***END TRANSMISSION***

*Governor Briggs of Purgatorio read the transmission one more time before he recovered enough from his shock to speak to his military aid, Order Lieutenant Emily*

Briggs: But... what the hell is going on at Livenstein...?

Emily: I don't know sir but our defense forces radioed me telling me that ships of Veridian design have just appeared in the system. If Livenstein is in a code black then the Ordenreich is in deep trouble and we shouldn't expect help from our fleets. We should evacuate the colony before those Veridian ships arrive

Briggs: Yes... yes of course. Order the evacuation.

Emily: Yes sir

Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 11:59 pm

Meanwhile, the Rhean fleet begins fully mobilizing in defense of their two planets, even taking out their other Executor-class vessel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Glowing Energy?    Glowing Energy?  - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glowing Energy?
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: