Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Official Korel Map (FT)

Go down 
+6
Midancient
Magna Aurelia
Sacae
Veridia Prime
Burnination
Selathorn
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 3:25 pm

Just sayin, you should just paste the color key on posts where you repost the map. So lazy and dumb people like me don't have to look for it Razz
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 10:54 pm

I would like to add the Zilun system to my holdings. As it is only just a hundred light years or so from the closest Aurelian star, though, you can just crowd it among the outer edge of the Aurelian sphere of influence.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 11:12 pm

Updated Map:

Will that do it? Wasn't too satisfied with the earlier shape (looked a little unnatural) so I went with this.
Back to top Go down
Magna Aurelia

Magna Aurelia

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 11:18 pm

Thank you, mon! :,D
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 9:24 pm

Updated Map:

For the time being, I have hidden Magna Aurelia, the Hive, and Midancient. They will be restored if and when they return.

Last edited by Selathorn on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 10:47 pm

Can anyone else not see that map?
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 9:05 am

Not sure what happened, but it should work now.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Map Update:

Veridia finally gets to grow! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:51 am

Quick question. Are the stars major inhabited system or all inhabited systems of the given state?
Back to top Go down
Sacae

Sacae

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:25 am

I just wanted to add that I think my guys have been in the neighborhood long enough for me to have more systems under my control. I think its overdue so maybe just increase to 5 held home systems if someone can be bothered to update this.

@Heraklea: I don't think its specifically said but the stars represent "home" or "core" systems. Systems that have fully developed planets that the person bases their civs major production and growth from. The circle is more of an area of influence for the civ where are their outlying colonies, mining operations, etc are. In space "borders" are sort of an arbitrary sphere because space is all around you its not like land
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 8:40 am

@Heraklea Yup, basically everything Sacae said. Couldn't have said so any better myself.

Updated Map:

There you go, Sacae. I also made my own SoI a little bigger and more smoother looking. You can see that the Centauri are trying to head towards (and exploit) the core systems.
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:16 pm

Alright, I'd like to be squeezed into the space between OrdenReich and Rutianas if I can (essentially where the ideal trade lanes might be absent political and security considerations).  First home star directly between the OrdenReich and Rutianas.  If I'm allowed any more (couldn't find any rules on that), place the second somewhere along the least distance route between Rutianas and Alpha Centauri.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Updated Map:

That spot good? You're pretty much nestled in between all of the established powers (except poor Veridia, forever alone).
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 1:32 pm

Excellent.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 2:12 pm

Also, did you get my PM about your history factbook? It had a few suggestions about the Expedition and how it relates to my own nation. Like I said in the PM, it's a very interesting thing that you've done and it looks like it can offer some great plot hooks.
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:54 pm

I think the color you gave me on that map is better classified as "gold" than "dark yellow."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 3:56 pm

Yeah, I was just picking a random color off of Wikipedia before I remembered that I already had yellow for Earth. That's a much better name, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 6:44 pm

Just saying, Sela, you really need to include a map key ON the map instead of on the first page of the thread.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 7:51 pm

Updated Map:

I added some trade lanes to the map using the Stroke Path feature on GIMP on a pattern. Tell me if you guys like it or not. Personally I think it's pretty cool, it adds some more depth to the map and integrates pretty seamlessly, but that's just me Wink
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:00 pm

Updated Map:

Khronikta finally gets to join the party, and most of the nations have had their borders cleaned up a little. Also, I added a color key to the OP, to at least make that a bit easier on you guys.
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 12:48 am

Shouldn't there be trade lanes from Heraklea to Rutianas and OrdenReich to Khronikta?  They are right next to each other.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 8:37 am

Between Heraklea and Rutianas: I was considering it, but the problem is that Rut, canonically speaking, hasn't established relations with any of us, being that she hasn't been active for several months. However, Rutianas does have an age-old relationship with Rhea and Burnination, so I decided to draw some trade lanes from Rutianas into them instead.

Between the OrdenReich and Khronikta: Well, Khronikta was added in after the trade lanes were added for one. I might do it if and when relationships are established ICly. The trade lane there is technically passing between Alpha Centauri and Heraklea, actually, because Khronikta asked me for a location that was on a trade lane, and he got to chose between that spot and the one between Rhea and the OrdenReich.

I'm willing to change all of that when the time comes, though, don't worry Wink
Back to top Go down
Heraklea

Heraklea

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 26, 2013 1:38 pm

Fair enough.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 11:25 am

Updated Map:

Are you happy now, Burn? Razz
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 5:21 pm

Omigosh yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Korel Map (FT)   Official Korel Map (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Korel Map (FT)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next