Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Private - We Must (Not) Dissent

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Selathorn

Selathorn

Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Empty
PostSubject: Private - We Must (Not) Dissent   Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 7:33 pm

The Hive, The Human Hive

Chairman Shen-ji Yang looked over at his assortment of Talent advisers, assessing their shocked facial expressions as he explained to them his plan. The Human Hive, through infiltration of Peacekeeper Datalinks, had managed to acquire significant amounts of information on the Veridian Dominion, through investigations and reports from the Ambassador to the Veridian Dominion. The Peacekeeper Ambassador had noted (with disdain) the extremely intrusive government of the Veridian Dominion and their seemingly apparent desire to spread "order" throughout the galaxy and maintain it in their own society, not so dissimilar from Yang's own desires. Though the underlying political desires were quite obviously different - the Veridians' ideology was clearly right-wing in origin - Yang had concluded that there were enough similarities in between the Hive and the Dominion that it would be worth it to break isolation with the greater galaxy in order to get an ally on the outside.

And the real kicker was that he was planning to go to Veridia Prime himself to meet with them if he could arrange such a meetine. No dealings on Chiron could be done truly clandestinely, with Datalinks infiltration about. And after all, how was he to trust someone else to execute his will?

[VERY HEAVILY ENCRYPTED]

To: The Triumvirate, of the Veridian Dominion

Greetings, Triumvirs of the Veridian Dominion. My name is Chairman Shen-ji Yang, the leader of the Human Hive, a faction of Alpha Centauri. I am sending this message as a request for a private audience between the Triumvirate and myself on your planet, separate from any official channels. Though Chiron is technically ruled by Planetary Governor Pravin Lal, all of the factions have their own agendas, my faction the most so. I seek for the creation of an orderly society and proper control of my citizens, and from my sources I have determined that your nation has very similar goals. If you are willing to allow this audience, I can promise you that I will bring something of immense value for your nation to pursue this goal.

Cordially,
Chairman Shen-ji Yang
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Private - We Must (Not) Dissent   Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:03 pm

Paradisus Novum, Veridia Prime

Triumvir Marcus was, where he could usually be found when the Triumvirate was not in session, in his personal office within the Grand Dominion hall. A lavishly furnished and decorated office by his society's standards, it had all the comforts that one in his position both deserved and expected. Marcus was busy looking over various economic and business reports, so busy in fact he barely heard the knock at the door. Taking little time to acknowledge the intrusion, he spoke swiftly and ordered them in. The doors to the right of his desk slide open, being automated doors, and his personal secretary came forward.

Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Triumvirateoffice

Her facial express was blank, as always was, as she approached the desk. Standing before Marcus she said nothing until he spoke to her, inquiring as to why she had come before him. In a claim, practically lifeless tone of voice she informed him on a communication that had been received, marked specifically for the Triumvirate. Marcus finally looked up from his reports, putting down his data pad and taking the one from the secretary's hands. Continuing to stand there as Marcus began to read the communication, he finally motioned with his hand for her to leave and return to her work. She compiled, leaving the room in the same direction as she'd entered and went back to her own desk. Sometimes Marcus forgot the girl was collard and like all collards, she was practically a blank slate. Developed during the Augustine Dictatorship, the collars were devices that were implanted into the spinal cord, with the most visible parts of the device worn around the neck and hence the name. They were Augustine's solution to crime when prisons and executions were no longer efficient methods of curbing illegal problems. Once implanted, the collars suppress whatever natural personalty a person has, creating instead a virtual blank slate programmed to do as it is told at all times. Emotionless, unless told to mimic emotions, the collard become efficient and productive members of society used by the Dominion for jobs believed unnecessary for normal Veridians to do. When the Dominion began selling them to the private sector, the created a new market and many now purchase collard individuals for whatever personal uses they may need of them. Through this technology, the Dominion wipes clean the stain brought on by pedophiles, serial killers, and others who would commit capital crimes.

After the communication was read Marcus pressed a button on a panel embedded on his desk, one which activated a screen that rose out of his desk just before him. Pressing another few buttons in sequence, and the Triumvir soon found himself before the others in the Triumvirate. Discussing the matter of the communique, it was agreed that more knowledge of the Hive would be beneficial to the Dominion even if what they were offering and what they might request from the Dominion was not. Naturally, having little in common with the global government of Alpha Centauri as far as political ideology was concerned, the idea of helping a more like-minded government succeed to current one on Chiron had crossed their minds. Perhaps this meeting would prove fruitful to those means but if not, it would at the very least open discussion with a group the Veridians felt more comfortable with.

:::Private and Encrypted Transmission:::
TO: The Chairman Shen-ji Yang, of the Human Hive

Greetings to you as well Chairman Yang from the Triumvirate. We have reviewed your request to come before us in a meeting of some diplomatic importance but one you wish to remain private. We see no reason to deny this request and offer you passage to Veridia Prime at once as a private and personal guest. We most admire and can understand your desires for an ordered society as we wholeheartedly believe these ideas reflect within our own government and society. We are eager to hear what it is you would like to propose between us and hope that if an agreement is cemented, the Dominion can offer in kind that which you seem willing to offer us.

-The Dominion Triumvirate
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Private - We Must (Not) Dissent   Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:13 pm

[VERY HEAVILY ENCRYPTED]

To: The Triumvirate, of the Veridian Dominion

I assure you, what I will come to offer you will be of immense values to your goals. I cannot state exactly what I am offering you in this communique, as that is for your ears only, however I have no doubt in my mind that you will find it desirable for your goals. I can tell you at the moment, however, that it is something that requires a long-term investment, though in addition to that I have also decided on something more short-term that I am capable of offering you. We shall discuss the details in the coming days. Here are the details of how I intend to come. My subordinates have anonymously rented a shuttle of Morgan Industries, and enclosed is the identifying information for the shuttle. Once I am given information on the procedures and destination in the Nag system, I will leave immediately.

Cordially,
Chairman Shen-ji Yang

(OOC: From here you can send the reply and skip to Yang coming to wherever.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Private - We Must (Not) Dissent   Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:14 pm

:::Private and Encrypted Transmission:::
TO: The Chairman Shen-ji Yang, of the Human Hive

The information has been received and enclosed within this final communique is the information your shuttle pilot shall need to safely navigate to the Nag system and to our space dock, which orbits our moon. We eagerly await your arrival Chairman Yang.

-The Dominion Triumvirate.

The Dominion kept good on its promise and ensured that everything about the Chairman's arrival was kept secret. As soon as the shuttle entered the system it was contacted by the proper authorities, instructing the pilot to dock in a more secluded area of the station, away from the more heavily used areas of the station where visitors and transits in the supply trades made their landings. Once on the station, officials of the station greet the Chairman and any associates he'd brought with him and then proceeded to show the Chairman and his party to the Veridian shuttle that awaited them. Once on the shuttle, the Chairman was shown down to the planet where, in less than 30 minutes from arriving in the system, he was now on the planet and landing in the capital.

The landing zone was a private terminal used by the Triumvirate itself, as well as other high ranking officials, for their personal movements both to the station as well as to other areas of the planet. It was about a block away from the capital building, an underground maglev connect the two structures. After a very short ride on the train, the Chairman was shown up into the Grand Dominion Hall, making his way down vacant hallsways until he was shown the meeting room. No doubt the Chairman took notice of the furnishings of the building as they did nothing to reflect the technology level of the Veridians. Indeed, if one went on furnishings and buildings alone in much of the capital, both government and residential buildings, one would think they were stepping into the mid 1900s Earth.

Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Triumviratemeetingroom

Once shown into the room the Chairman was greeted by the Triumvirate, meeting Marcus Flaven, Flavian Sabinu, and Alexandria Gentianus . Each appeared generally eager to meet the Chairman as they introduced themselves. Once pleasantries were exchanged, both sides took their seats and Marcus opened the conversation.

"This is a meeting of the Triumvirate, Triumvir Marcus Flaven speaking. Under the powers of the Necessary Classification Act, this meeting is classified and shall be recorded for the archives of the Dominion only, priority one. Level 10 clearance shall be necessary to access the proceedings of this meeting." he said, speaking to no one in particular. "You'll excuse the formalities Chairman Yang but everything is recorded by the Dominion, though not everything recorded is so easily accessed. I can assure you that only those who need to know, will ever hear the recording of this meeting and certainly no one outside of this government."

"With that out of the way" Marcus said as he continued, "I would likely to personally welcome you to Paradisus Novum and Veridia Prime, you are the first head of state to grace our planet. The Dominion is honored to host this meeting and holds your particular group in high appraisal given your government's dedication to order. I think I speak for the entire Triumvirate when I say, we are eager to understand the more direct nature of this meeting."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Private - We Must (Not) Dissent   Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Yang smiled as the Triumvirate went through the formal introduction to the meeting, along with two of his Talent advisers and a small company of three guards, and nodded once Marcus finished talking. Yang then said,

"Do not worry, esteemed Triumvir Flaven, I am not at all troubled with the recording of this discussion. All discussions within the government of the Human Hive are recorded and then carefully screened for signs of-" a slight grin formed at the edges of his lips "dissent. And dissent, as I am sure you understand, is not tolerated by the Human Hive, for it is directly contrary to our goals. Now, yes, as to the more direct nature of this meeting, as you so put it. I apologize for how vague my communiques were, but it was necessary as what I intend to offer your nation is by nature secret and was created without the knowledge of any other factions."

He turned to one of his Talent advisers, and said, "Talent Mishra, show the esteemed Triumvirs the security video."

With a nod, the Talent took out a strange piece of electronic equipment. It would look very similar to a holodisk, as the Triumvirs may have already have seen before, but seems somewhat bigger and has a slightly different shape. The Talent then tapped a glowing square on the holodisk-like object, and soon a three dimensional holographic video popped up, making the nature of the object clear. It was a holotape, and what it showed very definitely was a tool for the preservation of a certain type of order.

Smiling, Yang continued, "I should hope that drew your attention, esteemed Triumvirs. What you all just saw was security footage from the Self-Aware Colony project, terminating a dissident - a fanatic dissident driven by the fundamentalist beliefs of the Lord's Believers, no less, enemies of the proper social order in every way. Sister Miriam may say 'We Must Dissent' all she may wish, but her words will not be heard in the Hive, with the Self-Aware Colony behind us. The software and systems for the project has been installed in all of our bases very recently - unfortunately delayed by the events of the Sith War - and it has had very tangible results. Dissent is rooted out ruthlessly, and managing our bases is infinitely more efficient. Miriam, I am sure, will call it the worship of false gods, but they are no gods, they are very real, and they are devoted entirely to the preservation of social order and the control of the citizenry, nothing else."

After a brief cause, Yang looks at the Triumvirs confidently, and says, "I am confident that we can provide you the design for spreading such a system throughout your nation, and all that will be require of your nation is adaptation of the software and existing infrastructure. I am confident that with the resources your nation has at your disposal and with much of the hard work on software already done, it could be accomplished in less than a year. Your thoughts, esteemed Triumvirs?"
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Private - We Must (Not) Dissent   Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:45 pm

The three Triumvirs looked at one another, it was certainly clear that such technology interested them. However, they had to understand the extent to which this technology went before they could all three agree that it was the type of technology that interested them and could be used in the Dominion. Always the voice of concern for the board of three, Alexandria spoke first.

"Tell me Chairman Yang, to what extent is this technology truly self-aware? Are we talking about a completely sentient artificial intelligence or a more controlled program that does not process outside the parameters as designed by its creators? I think I can speak for the entire Triumvirate when I say that while certainly interested, we are weary over the thought of allowing a machine to think for us."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Private - We Must (Not) Dissent   Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:29 pm

Yang smiled, and replied, "A fair point to bring up. It is completely self aware, but the artificial intelligence is designed so that it is a completely and utterly docile slaved AI that is devoted completely and utterly to the service of the Hive. It has enough intellect to think for the HIve, but not for itself, which makes it infinitely superior in mindset to any man or woman. We have created fail-safes to shut down the AI throughout the entire Hive if it should prove necessary, and they are built into the central software architecture of the AI so that if it was to attempt to destroy or alter the fail-safes it would destroy itself. It will not and cannot escape, either, because the AI is built to run solely on our infrastructure, and fail-safes would destroy it upon attempting to flee. As I have already established, there is no way for the machine to circumvent that."

He then turns over to his other Talent adviser, and says, "Talent Park, bring me the security assessment of the project, please. I am sure it should help to assuage the fears of the esteemed Trimvirate."

The Talent hands Yang a holodisk, and Yang then hands it over to Triumvir Gentianus. He continues, "Within this holodisk is a detailed assessment of the Self-Aware Colony that was written by a board of Hive researchers when the project was first proposed and that has been edited and updated ever since. We have examined practically every possible contingency and we have come to the conclusion that there is no practical danger from the Self-Aware Colony in any shape or form. There are many reactionary memes against the use of artificial intelligence that have no real base in realty. The march of progress will come, and with it will come artificial intelligence. If properly controlled and directed, the selfless mindsets of these AIs will find their mirrors in the people."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Private - We Must (Not) Dissent   Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 8:50 pm

Triumvir Gentianus seemed sufficiently pleased with the response, even if she wasn't entirely sure of the proposal. In truth, while the technology did indeed show great promise the Dominion had no immediate need for controlling its population. Over 100 years of social engineering by the Dominion had created a population fiercely loyal to the state, a state that had since its inception provided and continued to do so. Through illusions of equality and freedom, the people remained, on the majority, to be satisfied and content. That said, the Triumvirate understood that implications of this new technology and certainly its possibilities did warrant obtaining it from the Human Hive and experimenting with it themselves. Now, now the only question was.....the price.

"This technology is truly something to behold" said Triumvir Sabinu. "I imagine it is among your most prized developments among your people Chairman, though I certainly doubt it is all your people have. That said, as I understand it, you have come to broker a deal. I do feel that you recognize our interest in this technology, I do believe we are willing to accept it. However, I believe now the contingent is the price as that is the last that has yet to be discussed. What is it the Human Hive desires from the Dominion in return for this most promising technology?"
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Private - We Must (Not) Dissent   Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:12 pm

Chairman Yang nods, and says, "Very well, Triumvir Sabinus, I have held this back long enough. What I have come to Veridia Prime to get is not necessary technology or material, but permission. More specifically, in the not so distant future, perhaps a year or two from now, I desire permission to have a section of your spaceport reserved for the Hive. We will supply the materials to actually build the ships, but we want to be able to use your facilities, preferably at discounted cost. My reasons are manifest. The Hive seeks to expand into space, but the KDY Corporation's spaceport in Centauri space is almost turned over to the Planetary Governate and Lal viciously blocks any attempts I make at having vessels built for the Hive. Now, I could potentially buy ships from outside Centauri space, but that would be ruinously expensive in cost and of questionable benefit, especially due to how energy-poor the Hive is. By having access to your spaceport, the Hive could fix that issue. Now, by then, our relationship would become more public in nature, but by then I am sure that the Planetary Governate will be powerless to try to stop it.

"Also, one last matter to make this deal more desirable. As I stated in my last communique, I do have something more short-term to gift to your nation. We have another technology that we will give to you without any strings attached to it. The Hive's genetic engineers have created an altered form of humans called the 'Genejacks', created via retroviral engineering. The Genejacks have immense physical strength, but subhuman mental capacity, and as a result they have completely replaced humans in hard labor that cannot be properly automated. We will grant you the information on how these Genejacks are created and their specifications. It matters not to me whether or not you choose to employ them, though they are very useful, but I am sure that your scientists will be interested in looking over the procedure anyways."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Private - We Must (Not) Dissent   Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:08 pm

Marcus has said nothing during the conversation, the last of the Triumvirs it would seem to speak. More calculating that Flavian and perhaps more cautious that Alexandria, Marcus was like the perfect combination of the two. More so however, he was far more ambitious and far more direct than the others, perhaps in that means, they complimented him. The Self-Aware colony was certainly technology that the Dominion could not easily pass up though Marcus was cautious not to directly implement on the homeworld. No, the Dominion was eager to colonize another world and this new technology would be implemented there first. More intriguing to him was the Genejacks or more precisely, the methods by which they were created. For a hundred years or more the Dominion had been working with genetics, altering the genes of their own species to reflect a more perfect version of Veridians.

Naturally, this was a great epic irony when one studies Veridian history and realized that it was playing with Genetics, playing God if you will, that almost cost the Veridians everything. They were known as the Alphas, grown they were believed to be the most perfect versions of Veridians. Strong, faster, and far intellectually superior than the average Veridians, they did indeed live up to the belief of perfection. However, with all this came a side-effect their creators could not have foresee and that unimaginable arrogance. Viewing the rest of Veridia Prime's population as inferior the Alpha's waged the Genetic War, the last of Veridia Prime's wars. The devastation was unimaginable and left the entire planet the civilizations that had arise, in shambles. On the verge of political, economical, and ecological collapse; the Veridian who have gone extinct had it not been for Julian Augustine and the glorious dictatorship that followed.

It was Julian Augustine who continued the genetic work of those who came before but did so with less ambition that those before. What came from his work were Veridians who lived longer and more healthier lives, Veridians who embodied both physically and mentally, what Augustine viewed as 'perfection." Now, a little over a hundred years later the Dominion was interested in doing what their ancestors had done. They were interesting in making life where there was no, in creating something from nothing. What better expression power than to create life. The idea was intoxicating but sadly so far the best scientists in the Dominion were having little luck. Those that had so far been created were less than ideal, indeed horrific monstrosities by most standards. What the Human Hive was offering would push Veridian science forward, would push the Dominion forward. However, before Marcus could accept he had to indulge his curiosity.

"Chairman" Marcus said, "what you are offering our people is beyond what we could have imagined when we first received your communique. I do not think I, nor my most honorable associates, could have foreseen ourselves in such a fortunate position as you have no put us. I see no reason why we would be unable to aid your people with facilities on a space port. Currently, we must confess we use but a fraction of the facility (the space dock being ring-shaped, and orbiting around the circumference of the moon) although in time as our fleet grows the facility will have more uses. I imagine by that time, should you still need our port we can come to an arrangement."

"That said I wonder if you would indulge my curiosity, although I am fully prepared to denied. Your people requires, as I understand, the same conditions for life on a planet as we do. Why is it that you, and presumably the other factions, continue to live in cohabitation on Chiron? We have found at least three or more habitable worlds near our own system through the stargate network. With your people's ability to build inter-galactic ships, you could all sprawl out across the galaxy but you do not. Why is that?"
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Private - We Must (Not) Dissent   Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Yang nodded as Marcus agreed to allowing the use of facilities in the spaceport in the future, as he handed over the Genejack retroviral engineering holodisk to him. Then, he listened to the Triumvir's question on why the Centauri factions had not really began to colonize, and smiled.

"A fair question," Yang replied. "There are a variety of reasons why the various factions of Alpha Centauri have not begun to colonize. Firstly, as you must understand, there are economic restraints. It is expensive to create colonies both in terms of resources and energy, and they do not pay off very well until a significant amount of time has passed. It is far more efficient for the factions of Alpha Centauri to invest in orbital and intra-system improvements instead out intersystem colonies - orbital hydroponic farms, Nessus mining stations, orbital solar radiation collectors, asteroid mines, and so on and so forth. There is also significant rebuilding to be done on Chiron, even after almost two years have passed since the Sith War. Many places were completely depopulated, so as you can understand there is not much population pressure in most factions... with the exception of our faction, as we escaped most of the damage.

"Secondly, there is a matter of technology. In theory, all of the factions of Alpha Centauri could be colonizing, as we all have a wealth of information on terraforming and settling colonies in space, however most factions lack the proper technologies needed for transportation and maintenance across space. Hive scientists are maximizing our knowledge on this as we speak, but even so we are behind the technology of the Peacekeepers and their client factions, which was denied to us by the Peacekeepers, for reasons understandable enough. This is partially why I asked for the permission to use the spaceport in a year or two years - because certain technologies involving interstellar logistics are still missing and must be created if we are to colonize.

"Finally, there are important political considerations to be made. At the moment, the Planetary Governate controls practically all dealings Alpha Centauri has with the outside with its control of the Planetary Defense Fleet and the control it will soon get over the KDY shipyard. Some of the other factions have some civilian traffic with the outside - Morganite freighters and shuttles like the one I came in, University exploration and sensor craft, and Gaian biological research and exploration vessels. However, Lal uses every card in the book to block them from creating colonies. He wields significant political, economic, and military influence, and none of his client factions dare provoke him. I am sure that he himself will send out Peacekeeper colony vessels in the near future, once they are fully rebuilt, however. That leaves three non-client factions of the Peacekeepers. There are the Believers, who I have already established as irredeemable fanatics. There are the Spartans, who lack interest in creation of such colonies and instead focus all of their efforts in building up the Planetary Defense Fleet. As we speak, I believe a good half of the crew in the fleet is Spartan. For reference, they only control a tenth of Chiron's population. And of course, my faction. We have the most interest in colonization, however again we lack the technology at the moment as well as the energy. Once this changes, we will begin colonizing as soon as possible, but that will take at least two or three years. Until then, it is a matter of patience."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Private - We Must (Not) Dissent   Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:29 pm

Marcus smiled and nodded as the Chairman spoke. Everything seemed reasonable enough and for sure, colonizing worlds were indeed an expensive venture as even the Dominion was finding. Even the space dock had taken considerable velons to construct as was the fleet that the Veridians were currently constructing. The Triumvir couldn't help but wonder as the chairman finished, where this all would lead his people and the stability of Chrion when it was all said and done. Hundred years now, Marcus wonder if the Human Hive after colonizing another world would return to wage war on those factions that had so far kept them restrained on Chiron.

"I can understand your need for patience and there is an old Veridian proverb that speaks to patience being a virtue, I imagine that sort of idea needs to translation between civilizations. The Dominion is more than willing to help the Human Hive in all its ventures and we graciously accept the technology you are providing. We will prepare space at our space dock for your people to begin constructing your fleet and can offer some resources towards your efforts, although I imagine our building materials would be foreign to your methods. Also, if power is a problem for the hive we could offer a form of energy widely used by our people. Its known as Naquadah and even a small of the mineral can be used to generate large amounts of clean energy. Of course, if getting the resources for such power generation would cause problems for your people and the rest of Chiron's government, they we can understand if you decline."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Private - We Must (Not) Dissent   Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 9:45 pm

Yang shakes his head at the offer of the Naquadah, and replies, "I am afraid I must decline, esteemed Triumvir. Energy independence is a major goal for the Hive. Unlike the other factions who rely heavily on commerce as part of their energy inflow, the Hive is completely self-sustaining in energy. Granted, our energy generation is smaller, but it does not require dependence on commerce with others. In any case, the energy and resource situation is being improved as we speak. The Hive is very aggressively pursuing the expansion of orbital and intrasystem improvements, as well as constructing Thermal Boreholes on Chiron to draw out large quantities of minerals and energy from the planet itself. In any case, I believe we have discussed what we have come to discuss thoroughly enough and have come to our agreement. Here are is the holodisk for the Self-Aware Colony files."

He then gets the holodisk from Talent Park, and hands it over the Triumvir Marcus.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: Private - We Must (Not) Dissent   Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:17 pm

"Understandable" said Marcus with a slight grin. "We can certainly respect the need for energy independence. However, be aware that we do not believed Naquadah is a resource found solely on our world. Indeed, the Stargates are composed almost entirely of Naquadah and given their prevalence throughout the galaxy, we have no problem in assuming other worlds possess this resource as well. Though not entirely renewable, that we know of, even the smallest amount can produce an exorbitant about of energy. I suppose I say all to convey my people's willingness to share our knowledge of the resource as well as technology that can be used to harness is energy potential to your people should your people colonize a world in the future that possess it."

With that the Triumvirs rose from their seats, taking the holodisks that had been offered to them. "I will accompany you back to the space dock" said Marcus to Chairman Yang. "There we can tour our facility that we're prepared to offer your people." The group then exited the meeting room and exited the building in the same fashion as Chairman Yang had been escorted into it. Once back at the transport, both Flavan and Alexandria expressed the pleasure of meeting Chairman Yang before seeing he, his associates, and Marcus lift off in the transport. A short ride from the capital and atmosphere of the planet and the transport was on its way towards Veridia Prime's moon and the orbiting space dock ring the Dominion had built around it.

"Kuat Drive Yards has built a station, but it is around a moon of a barren planet here in the Nag system. They've provided us with several private-use ships that we currently employ in our galactic shipping. We've attempted to employ a few for small military use, but are more in the belief that our own designed and built ships will better serve our purpose. Especially given the Kuat company's refusal build us Star Destroyers though we understand it. Rhea's monopoly on the technology is unfortunate but is only logical if they wish to remain a galactic power. I imagine the other galactic powers also have similar policy in terms of technology that can be used for military purposes. I bring this all up to assure you that your people's work on our station will be kept a secret as our station is mostly employed with Veridians. Those who are not, are merely passer-by, such as those coming abroad commerce ships and the few visitors we do get who've come to see Veridia Prime."

The shuttle arrived at the station and instead of landing right away, made a pass around the moon. During this time the Chairman was able to see some parts of the station still under construction as well as the four docking areas that the Triumvirate and Dominion were going to rent out to his people. "We have specifications as to the size limitations our docking areas have, as far as construction a ship within that area is concerned. Beyond that, we can make available everything your people will need save for the materials, when it comes to building your ships." After the pass, the shuttle then landed and the group made their way to one of the finished docking areas that the Human Hive would be allowed to used. A spacious area, there was room for all sorts of equipment as well as areas that could be setup for living space for the construction crew. Though not a technological advanced as the Kuat Yards or anything Chiron might also have, Marcus was proud of the station as it symbolized Veridian ingenuity and advancement."

"Tell Chairman" Marcus said after the tour, "is there anything left for us to discuss? Any further question to this agreement that we've struct between our two people?"

OOC: When it comes to the lunar space dock, its sort of like the Kuat station (no where near as advance of course) but more along the lines of the lunar base used in Starship troops as found HERE (Click me)
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: Private - We Must (Not) Dissent   Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:22 pm

Chairman Yang nodded, and said, "It will do. I do not feel there is anymore to discuss, we have addressed all of the matters we have come to address. I believe it is time for me to leave."

(OOC: I think that this can be the end of this RP.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Private - We Must (Not) Dissent   Private - We Must (Not) Dissent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Private - We Must (Not) Dissent
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: