Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The First Step

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

The First Step - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 8:27 pm

"I imagine that it would," High Priest Xenon responds, "but we would need to fact check it. Especially regarding the United States and USSR, we find that sources tend to be biased in favor of one of the other, and this colors the rest of history. Few seem to have the insight that both were greedy, ethnocentric dangerous nations."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:19 pm

"And China. China had eclipsed the Soviets as the dominant Communist power. It's why the USSR didn't get hit as hard."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 9:29 pm

Elizabeth shrugs, and says, "If you wish, then feel free to do so, although should you find anything objectionable I would rather you not print it at all. Anyways, it should hardly matter, as it's mostly concerned with recent history, the last eighty years or so."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:24 am

With the large book sat in front of him, the Captain has a somewhat peculiar look on his face. Its momentary, almost undetectable unless you were looking at him at the right moment as it quickly changes to a smile.

"Thank you High Priest Xenon" said the Captain, "I am sure there is much my people can learn from this volume of information."

The conversation between the delegates then turns and they beginning discussing matters of bias nature of history and alien operating systems. Alien the Captain thought to himself as the others discussed without him. He supposed the word did apply in this case, after all it'd been seven thousand years since the ancestor's from Earth had left. Much had changed in the countless decades their progeny had to advance, many customs were changed. Indeed, everything about Veridian society was hardly what the ancestors started it as.

"I humbly thank all efforts made to get this information to us in a manner that is most easily accessible." said the captain finally. "I cannot grant access to our systems on my ship for I am not granted such clearance. However, if it is permissible and/or desirable, my government may wish to foster trade of some kind though I am not sure if Earth has anything we need beyond answers to our questions."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:02 am

The Chancellor speaks up. "We seem to be a magnet for weird intergalactic hijinks. It's how we got our teleporter devices. Boom tubes, they're called. Fitting name. I believe the really powerful ones can reach other galaxies."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:43 pm

"That brings up an interesting point" the Captain said, responding to the comments of the Chancellor. "What of the Stargate? Earth had one at the time of our ancestor's colonization of Veridia Prime, it had been discovered in Egypt but then came into the possession of several different nations before being the possession of the Alliance. Does it still exist here on Earth and is it still functioning?"
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 4:50 pm

Elizabeth's head perks up, and says, "In the last year we've just found a stargate, actually. It was deep in the Amazon Rainforest before it was recovered by a team of scientists and explorers. We then activated it and found that it leads to another Earth like planet called the Celtic Lands. We've fostered relations with many of the nations there although there was a recent nuclear war on their planet. We've sent all the humanitarian aid possible to there to prevent a complete disaster like the one on our own planet."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 4:58 pm

The man in black says, "War never changes."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:31 pm

(OOC: Oops, I totally forgot to visit the CL forums for a few months Razz)

High Priest Xenon doesn't comment.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 12:51 pm

"Does that mean your stargate can only connect to one other gate or does it have a mechanism for unlocking other gates?" the Captain asked. "The stargate on our world has the ability to connect with multiple gates throughout the galaxy or so we assume, through the use of a combination of symbols that are associated with star constellations. We know that a combination of seven symbols is the most standard combination. The first six symbols represent points in space, forming three-dimensional coordinates. The seventh represents the point of origin. Of course, if you've spent any time studying the device you and assuming it works as ours does, you already know this."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:33 pm

"Our physics department is responsible for the vast majority of our knowledge of the gate," Xenon replies. "We have understood much of the mechanics, but we are unable to connect to any other gates. My scientists believe that our gate needs some sort of calibration to sync with what they believe to be a wider network, as I understand."
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 11:44 pm

The Chancellor says, "Our scientists are working on this, too, as it would make a convenient step towards more regular faster than light travel before being able to adapt something like boom tubes or hyperdrives to regular use."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 12:52 am

"While we've known of the device and its rudimentary workings for some 7.000 years its only been within the last century or so that our people have actually experimented with the gate. Most of our history is plague with both war and of course, our struggle to survive ourselves and the environment of Veridia Prime. While in this time we've mastered the knowledge our ancestor's had of the stargate, there is certainly so much more we can learn. We've made connections with at least two other gates that were on planets roughly close to our own. Certainly these are mere baby-steps but our government holds out high hopes towards the limitless possibilities gate travel opens up for us. Perhaps I can speak with my government over the idea of sharing our knowledge of the gate with you. It would certainly help better facilitate trade should my government be interested."
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 10:11 am

High Priest Xenon doesn't say anything. He should be commended; most of the other High Priests would have responded that information sharing with heathens is strongly discouraged.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:02 am

"That would be useful. We don't get that much out of the Rheans, mostly because their tech is so far ahead of ours. It would be almost akin to Leonardo da Vinci trying to reverse engineer a fighter jet."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 6:24 pm

And the rest of North America decides to join in on this finally. The Legion and New Vegas both send someone. How did they get there? Well, with the help of Alanda and Alexia, who also show up. One person each. Tex for New Vegas. Kat for the Legion. D'Arc himself for A&A.

(OOC: I dunno there would be any warning of their arrival, but it might be interesting if they actually get there in time to hear Elizabeth's comment of the UMNA being the true successor state. Razz)
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 6:27 pm

(OOC: That would be pretty funny. And of course, there are small references in the Chancellor and mysterious guy in black's comments to the Terran Starship Command.)

When they enter, the Chancellor gets up to greet them and shake hands. Mysterious guy in black stays in his chair.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Tex, Kat, and D'Arc shake hands with everyone. Mysterious guy in black gets an odd look from Kat, but the other two don't even seem to notice him, or they don't show it. Probably the latter. Elizabeth, though, does get frowns from Tex and Kat. Looks like they did hear her comment about America. Neither of them really say anything about it though. They all find seats, Tex and Kat sitting side by side and preferably not near Elizabeth, and they do look similar, so it's obvious they're related. D'Arc just sits wherever he can find a spot. He's not concerned about being next to or away from anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 3:10 pm

Mysterious guy in black does not mind. He does take note of Tex's Pip-Boy, though. He categorizes meeting him under "important."

Last edited by Panzersharkcat on Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 4:09 pm

When Elizabeth gets frowns from Tex and Kat, she frowns a bit herself inside but is polite enough to not show it in front of them.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 5:53 pm

High Priest Xenon offers the newcomers some tea.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 10:05 pm

The Captain acknowledges the new members of the meeting with a smile. Knowing little of the newcomers he assumes that they are on good standing with the other members at the table. He does notice some of the frowning but doesn't acknowledge it by any form of body language.

"I cannot think of any other questions at the moment that I could have on behalf of my government" said the Captain finally. "If it is prudent, I am sure my science officer would like to see the Earth's stargate as we'd certainly want to make sure that it is of the same design as our own. Beyond that, are there any questions about Veridia Prime that any of the nations here today would like answered?"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 10:16 pm

The Chancellor says, "I certainly approve giving your science officer permission to see the stargate. As it is internationalized, you will need to ask some of the others who take charge of maintaining the gate."

The man in black says, "Tell me about your government. The structure of it, the leadership."
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 2:42 pm

"I have no objection to your science officer seeing the stargate. I suspect that the esteemed Generalissimo will not either."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 3:39 pm

Tex and Kat both look a little confused when 'stargate' is mentioned. D'Arc makes no sign if he's confused or not. He merely remains silent. If he were going to protest, he'd speak up.

All three do accept the offer of tea though.

Tex does speak up though. "Considerin' we're late to this little get-together, I just wanna make sure that you guys don't have some megalomaniac supercomputer that's gonna try and take over anywhere aroun' here? Beyond that, I certainly have nothin' to really add. Well, other than an invitation for all present to come to New Vegas for a bit of rest and relaxation."

Kat elbows Tex after his invitation. She doesn't comment though.

Tex looks at Kat, and responds in a slightly lower tone. "What? I'm bein' polite."

Kat just sighs and rolls her eyes. She still doesn't comment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The First Step   The First Step - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The First Step
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Korel - Nationstates :: Regional Happenings :: Issues-
Jump to: