Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A long journey's end... (FT)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 02, 2011 11:54 pm

And that would set off alarms in the Imperial Republic. They're fortunate enough to have picked the Devor system, which is controlled by the Loyalists. The system has 8 planets, 3 of which are colonised, and one of those planets just happens to be the Imperial capital. However, the Langarri are intercepted within moments of their arrival. Ten Rutian ships just appear out of nowhere, weapons hot, and they are most certainly military design. Upon realising that these are not the ships they were looking for, their weapons "point" elsewhere, though don't go 'offline' or power down. They're simply just not locked in on any single ship.

A communication is sent out to the Langarri. "You have trespassed in territory belonging to the Imperial Republic. Identify yourselves and your purpose for being here." This message is sent in all known languages. English, German, Rutian, and several others that are programmed in. Unfortunately, the Langarri language is not among them.
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:55 pm

The transmission, repeated in several different languages, was indeed received by the Langarri but naturally they did not understand it no matter what language was used. Perhaps I should have seen if the Burnination could have sent along an interpreter Admiral Varush thought to himself as he sat in his command chair, his bridge staff a bit on edge given that they had detected what they believed to be armed weapons on the ships before them. After all, not only were they outnumbered it terms of warships but more than likely, out matched in terms of weapons technology.

However, Varush took Admiral Standrey on his word and since he'd not mention any particular threats to look out for, the Langarri Admiral took it that these were friendly individuals who simply were doing their duty in protecting their region of space. Opening their own communication channels, the Langarri broadcasted their own message, the same message the Admiral had sent to the Burnination ship when they first met them:

"Greetings, I am Admiral Varush of the Langarri people. We come in the nature of peace and mean no harm to you or your species in this galaxy. We cannot understand your language nor are we equipped currently with the ability to decipher your language. It is my hope that your species has such capabilities and can soon respond......"

Admiral Standrey did say most species here had the ability to translate languages and again Varush was taking him on his word. However, just as a precaution, the Langarri also broadcasted a series of mathematical equations (with basic symbols replacing any sort of written numbers such as "one" or the symbol "2"). The message was designed to show the level of intelligence of the Langarri and was to help build at least a beginning basis between themselves and the Species they have just encountered. The five Langarri military ships remained with their weapons completely powered down as a sign of non-hostile intentions.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:58 pm

At around this time, the Burnination releases a statement from Sensor Command to the militaries of Rhea and Rutianas informing them about the presence of this alien fleet in the galaxy, with a short summary of their previous encounter.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 7:30 am

(OOC: And everyone forgets Alpha Centauri! Sad

Although granted it wouldn't make any sense for Burn to tell you about me in character, but still Razz)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 8:12 am

(OOC: Yeah, we haven't really made contact with you at all.)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:11 am

On one of the Rutian ships, the messages are received, thrown into a translation program, and the attempt at deciphering begins. Once they realise that some are mathematical equations, they're a bit confused. Once the message from Burnination shows up, having been relayed, there's general irritation on said ship.

"Get a diplomat and telepath out here and inform Rutia that we've encountered these... Langarri." The Lieutenant in command, Abel Kassler, just watches his screen to keep an eye on these ships. "And give the order to reduce power to the kinetic guns to the entire group." There's a pause. "No, tell the other ships to go wait at the rendezvous point. We'll remain here for now."

Once all the messages are sent, it doesn't take long at all for things to happen. All the Rutian ships, save one, just disappear. The one that remains does lower the power output for the kinetic weapons they have. It's not all the weapons systems, but they're not aimed at the Langarri.

A second ship shows up, this one not showing the same level of weaponry as the military ship. It's still armed, but weapons are not active. A small transport leaves the second ship and heads toward the Langarri. It stops, however, shortly before it would cross the midway point between the two ships. A message is sent from that shuttle, displaying more mathematical equations. Ahh, math, the universal language. With that transmission, a Rutian, German, and English primer is also sent.
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:48 am

(OOC: Lang, you said your people have good memories. They should recognize English as the same language that Standrey had spoken. And with a primer, simple communication should be pretty easy.)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:46 pm

OOC: I was assuming your UT allowed for you to hear in English (if that's the Brunination language) the Langarri language but that when you spoke to us, it was translated in our language. But then again, English would have been the first language (among many I assume) that you transmitted a message to us so yeah...wish my memory was as good as the Langarri Laughing

IC:

The transmission came through, the equations very similar to that which the Langarri themselves had sent, clearly displaying that these individuals were as advanced as the Langarri although the Admiral himself suspected they were far beyond the current level of the Langarri. The fact that they had sent out a shuttle-like craft did prove that they were not entirely of the same level as the Burnination, which Varush found interesting.

While the Languages ran through the speakers oncea gain, Varush recognized one of them and had his communication's officer stop the broadcast and replay. Though the Langarri knew not the name of the Language the Admiral was sure it was one used by the Burnination upon their first encounter, before they came on board. The ship's computer began running through the primer that had also been sent along with the rest of the information. Though it took a few minutes, the Langarri believed they had a somewhat capable translation of the language.

Using this new translation program, Varush transmitted back to the shuttle along with the schematics of their primary docking port:

"I am Admiral Varush, please you are welcome to dock at the location as provided. We are eager to meet a new species and we certainly mean no hostile intent."

The Admiral assumed the translated message would be rough, mostly likely coming through as primitive as if a child was speaking, but he was very hopeful that the ship's computer and his own communications officer had enough skill to at least get the right idea across.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 3:57 pm

It comes through clearly enough. "Understood. We will do so immediately." The shuttle does dock where they were directed to.

If the Rutians do possess teleporting technology they obviously felt it wasn't wise to reveal that at this time. Hey, can't fault them for appearing less technologically advanced than they actually are on their first meeting of a new race. Once they've docked, the two Rutians on board open their docking port. They look human enough, though their eyes are strange. They don't stay one color. Instead, they shift through several colors. The taller of the two, standing at just over six feet tall, has eyes that shift between red, yellow, and blue. The shorter one, just under six feet, has eyes that go between blue, purple, and green. Both are dressed in grey robes over black slacks and tan shirts. They both hold datapads, which are about twice the size of an iPhone and much flatter. The shorter one stands slightly behind the taller one, making it clear the taller one is in charge of this little diplomatic mission.
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:58 pm

The two Rutians come through the airlock onto the Absolution and immediately the bio-scrubbers kick in. Completely non-lethal, a "wall" of light passed over the Rutians from behind them, then comes back to pass before them. The scrubbers make a few passes before the process is complete and the door to the interior of the ship open. On the other side of the door is Admiral Varush and his communication's officer. Varush, a male Langarri looks mostly human with short blonde hair and the deepest blue eyes. Veranda, the communication's officer, is a female and again, looks much like that of a human. She has longer blonde hair, much its braided in an intricate pattern and pulled back and away from her face. She too has blue eyes and she stands about 6 foot tall, with the Admiral standing about 6'5. Both are dressed in military-style uniforms with little difference in them, beyond a few metallic objects affixed to the right breast of the jacket.

Bowing slightly as their guests enter the ship, Admiral Varush introduces himself with his communication officer's help. In her hand is a small device
Langarri HPC:
Basically a handheld personal computer the device, which is roughly the size and thickness of a PSP, serve the Langarri in a multitude of purposes. For this particular time, the Admiral uses it as a translator, it transmitting in English what he has to say.

"Greetings, I am Admiral Varush of the starship Absolution. I am commander of the fleet you have come across. We are travelers of the stars that have, for some time now, been on a immigration of sorts" the Admiral said with a smile. "We are Langarri and we've come to your galaxy out of hope that we might find a new world for our own as well as satisfy our curioisty and need for exploration. We come in the name of peace and hope that we've broken no laws in entering your space unannounced."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 6:13 pm

Neither Rutian reacts to the bio-scrubbers other than an amused look at each other.

When they're greeted by the Admiral, both Rutians press a closed fist to the left side of their chests then lower their arm with an open palm. Might be a greeting of some kind. The taller Rutian, though, in making this move, reveals some kind of sidearm on his right hip that was hidden by the cloak before. The shorter one appears to be unarmed.

The taller Rutian addresses their hosts, in English. It's accented, but still understandable. "Greetings. I am Diplomat Varreil. My companion is Mikhael. He will assist with translations if necessary as he is a telepath. Rest assured, he will not be doing anything inappropriate. There were no laws broken by your arrival, however, this may not have been the best time for you to arrive. We're currently in a civil war. Had you chosen any of the further systems, you may have ended up in hostile territory."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:17 pm

"A telepath" the Admiral says with some hesitation. The Langarri were telepathic themselves, but not naturally so, at not before they engineered themselves to be so. It was hypothesized after the change that the Langarri might have one day naturally evolved into having the ability but since the change, there was no way of knowing. While natural evolution gave the Langarri many natural abilities and talents, they were at the level one would see them at today. No, today's Langarri are as they are due to the nanotechnology now represent in every Langarri from birth. Tiny robots following through the very veins of every Langarri greatly enhance every aspect of their biology, including the unforeseen development of telepathic and telekinetic abilities. Of course, in truth, the Langarri weren't even sure if it was true telepathy that they possessed as they'd never tried it out on any other species but their own. Some scientists even theorized that it wasn't telepathy at all but instead, simply a radio-like signal sent from one nano-infested Langarri brain to the next. Either way, the ability was very primitive as Langarri could only sense want another Langarri was feeling.

The ability was seen as an intimate act and Langarri only read other Langarri minds when given permission. The Langarri learned to build a type of "wall" to defend against unwanted mind probing but again, this was only tested in cases with other Langarri. Whether or not it would work against any other race was unknown to the Langarri. Nevertheless, due tot he circumstances the Admiral decided to let down his own guard in this instance, however "taboo" it was for him to do.

"I take a leap of judgment in this case and take you on your word as I have no reason to doubt you. I do apologies for my fleet's arrival at such a difficult time for your people. We have already met the Burnination and its people, they did indeed offer us information but we declined the offer until another time. Perhaps this was indeed an error on our part as I am sure that they would have told us of your situation. Nevertheless, what is done is done and I can promise you we shall not interfere in your affairs. We are simply exploring this Galaxy in hopes of finding a suitable new world for us to call home."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:27 pm

Varreil nods. "Burnination are close friends of ours. You arrived before they could alert us to your presence in our galaxy. If you had been a few more minutes, we'd have known your were coming and would have expected it. You would not have been met with so many of our warships."

Mikhael seems content to just listen. He finally speaks up. "I will not be in your mind at all without your permission. I am here only in the event that there is difficulty communicating. It is standard procedure for a telepath to be present in first contact situations like this." He looks at Varreil briefly.

Varreil glances toward his companion, then back to Varush. "We would offer the same, including a meeting at some point with our Emperor. Unfortunately, it could not be any time soon. The war is taking up much of his time. The Empress, however, may have time to meet with you now, should you wish. Neither one are telepaths."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 10:34 pm

"I am but responsible for the fleet and am in no way, able to represent the Langarri in diplomatic ways" said Varush with a smile. "While I am gracious to the offer, I will allow the High Council to decide when such a meeting is to take place and to whom they wish to send. However, perhaps you could offer some assistance."

With that Varush motioned down the hallway and showed his Rutian guests down a corridor along with his communication's officer. "I am pleased you will only probe my mind upon consent, of which I give as I am sure the need may soon come" he said as he opened a door and showed everyone in. The group entered a room similar to that which he'd earlier entertained, sort of, his Burnination guest. Activating the holographic projector, Varush brought up the imagine of the basic structure of two elements, the same two he'd inquired about while Admiral Standrey (OOC: Naquadah and Element Zero).

"I was wondering if your people know of these two particular elements?" asked Varush. "Among others, these two are highly prized and necessary to my people. They were in relative abundance in how home galaxy and while we could adapted, it would naturally make life easier if these two in particular could be found here in this galaxy."
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 4:38 pm

(OOC: Sorry for the delay. Been really sick.)

Varreil shakes his head after looking at the elemental structure. "I'm no scientist, but I can forward this to our scientists who can take a look and see if it matches anything in our database."
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2011 2:33 pm

"That would be greatly appreciated by our people" said the Admiral. "These elements are very important to us and while our own scientist believed they could be found throughout the universe we do not know this for certain. Nevertheless, any assistance in locating them would naturally be quite helpful to us."

The Admiral then changed the holographic image to that of a star map, one that was naturally not very full in terms of planet locations and general information.

"The Burnination told us of some places in the Galaxy" said Varush as he began pointing out the general locations of Burnination, Panzersharkcat and of course, Rutianas as was shown to him in his previous encounter. "I was wondering if there was any immediate information you could give us? We don't believe we'll be in your space long although we are operating on relatively small hyperspace jumps. Is there anywhere we should avoid at all costs that you know of?"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2011 7:24 pm

(OOC: I know you're deciding to start over but the answer is yes, there are places you should avoid: the "northern" quadrants of the galaxy. It's all territory of the Sith Empire. You know the thousands of warships back in Long Ago? There are tens of thousands of those same vessels hanging around there. And the Sith Emperor? He makes Darth Lanius look like a little girl.)

Last edited by Panzersharkcat on Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 10:33 pm

OOC: Good to know ha ha, well I am officially killing the Langarri and starting over. I'll be using the Veridia Prime account and perhaps for ease, I'll see about getting my forum name change too so there's no confusion. I do want to thank everyone for their involvement here, especially Burn and Rut and apologies for killing this before it began. That said, I think my new civilization will be much more fun Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 11:26 pm

(OOC: I think I may revise that number to hundreds of thousands ships, plus some superweapons. Of course, not all of them are of the same size but it's still a buttload of ships. Anyway, I'll see if I can change the name for you. You want it to be Veridia Prime, right?)
Back to top Go down
Veridia Prime

Veridia Prime

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 3:06 am

OOC: Yes please, and thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A long journey's end... (FT)   A long journey's end... (FT) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A long journey's end... (FT)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2