Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Blackest Night

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Selathorn

Selathorn

The Blackest Night - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:30 pm

Which is OK with them, since it takes time to calibrate it anyways.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:35 pm

Well, the Rutians could just destroy the star where the planet is located. Or get a MIDAS bomb big enough to destroy the planet. Meh. They don't exactly suggest this though, but it's a good bet that it's common knowledge that they have that capability.
Back to top Go down
https://korel.forummotion.com
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 9:37 pm

The Jumpers fire their remaining Shruiken Missiles at the core, add a few blasts of their Shruiken Cannons for good measure, and then vanish into another dimension, hoping that the planet will blow up. They reappear a good distance away to hopefully watch.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 7:00 pm

And at the same time, the squad of other Lanterns fire off their beams at it and GTFO.

"CONNECTION SEVERED."

As the planet explodes, Nekron and Mordred recoil in pain.

"CONNECTION SEVERED" comes all around them in a flash of white light from Sinestro, who had so far resisted healing from Indigo and Walker, as their rings stated that he was uninjured despite being cleaved in two.

As the various Corps handle the debris from Xanshi, the white ring speaks.

"THAAL SINESTRO OF KORUGAR. LIVE."

"Lanterns, stand aside. I have been reborn." Giant wings sprouting from his back, Sinestro makes a giant white sword. "I am now the true guardian of the universe."

"The white light... he's alive."

(OOC: Yes, Captain Obvi... Hal. And yes, Sinestro again proclaims how awesome he is.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 8:17 pm

The jumpers already there remain in the area. They will assist any Lanterns who call for their assistance.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 9:05 pm

As do the Selathorni, although it's unlikely that they'll have anything specific that they need...
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 7:50 pm

"Stand back, all of you. I am bonded with the light of life itself. I am Sinestro -- savior of the universe! Your scythe cannot kill me, Nekron! NOTHING CAN!"

He smashes the sword down.

"So much for a team effort. I hope Sinestro knows what he's doing," comments Carol.

"He thinks he does."

"What else is new?"

Because Ganthet does not understand sarcasm or rhetorical questions, he responds, "Sinestro is now joined with the very light that was driven into the universe. Sinestro is now one with the Entity."

"That was a rhetorical question, Ganthet."

"What kind of power are we talking about?"

"Nothing less than godlike, Ray Palmer."

Clamping Nekron in white chains held tight by white constructs of Abin Sur, Sinestro proclaims, "You annihilation marks the end of Abin Sur's mission." Reaching into the open heart of Nekron, he continues, "And the beginning of my own."

He rips out Nekron's heart, dissolving him entirely. Holding the smoking heart in his hand, he says, "Well, now. That wasn't so difficult."

(OOC: Yes, this is visible to the Rutians and pretty much anyone else in orbit who cares to look.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 8:51 pm

The jumpers vanish. However, sensors (and ears) are pricked up in the direction, wondering what Sinestro will do next.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:03 pm

The Selathorni just wait for the next few hours and watch what happens.
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:10 pm

The Rutians also just wait to see what's going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:23 pm

He stands there smugly. The Black Lanterns continue shambling on. One of them picks up the scythe.

"NEKRON. RISE."

The Black Lantern transforms into Nekron. "You fight me as if I live, Lantern. I do not. I am death." He leaps out at Sinestro. "And you cannot eradicate death any more than you can space." He plunges his hand into Sinestro's chest. "No more hiding, trespasser."

St. Walker: "It appears that Nekron is not singular in nature."

Ganthet: "Sinestro is losing control of the Entity. His ego is fueling it rather than his will to live."

Hal: "Then I can--"

Ganthet: "No one can control the Entity. It will reject you as it has Sinestro."

Carol: "You're missing the point, guys: the white light doesn't stop Nekron. So now what?"

Lex: "RINGS! I demand them, Guardian. I will have the power to save the world MY--"

KONGGGG! Larfleeze brains Lex with his power battery.

"Victory is mine, baldy! And if you had any hair, I'd take that, too!"

A telepathic voice speaks, "Victory belongs to you only for the moment, Orange Lantern. And that moment is fleeting." As the Martian Manhunter reveals himself once more and punches Hal into the ground, he speaks, "As are your lives."

Indigo: "Lek raanor rol nok."

Barry: "What'd you say?"

Ray: "She said the Indigo tribe received the message, Flash. She said back-up's here."

Hal: "Great. The more the merrier."

The Blackest Night - Page 4 Blackestnight8-5
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:26 pm

The Selathorni decide to just keep fighting, although it's obvious that they are losing morale....
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:40 pm

And with all this shenanigans going on, the Burninites just aren't quite sure what to do. The MD Device is useless here, and they're not real into energy weapons. This really isn't a place where they can play a big part, so they stay out of the way of the players.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 5:18 am

As all the different Corps pop in and fire all beams at Nekron, Borkowski is voluntold to be the host for Deadman, who had been hopping in and out of various Black Lanterns. "I've been floating inside of these things and learnin'. Nekron is, uh, sentient blackness. He's the empty space between atoms and planets."

Below Nekron is in the process of tearing the Entity from Sinestro. "Nekron can only play patty-cake with us because he's created a tether to the land of the living."

Below, Mordred begins displaying his old powers and kills an Indigo Lantern and a Red Lantern. "It's Mordred. You fix Mordred and you shut the door in Nekron's face and lock him in his room."

"Fix Mordred?" ask Kyle.

"Get his heart beating again."

"And how exactly are we supposed to do that?"

"Hey, you're the superhero. I'm just the ghost with the most--"

And he leaves. Gardner, ever so erudite, yells, "Hey, Skeletor! Beware our power!"

"No, Lanterns. Beware MINE."

Sinestro is fully separated from the Entity. "NO! It is my destiny!"

"Death is your destiny, Sinestro. As it is yours, Hal Jordan. Like the others who came back from the dead, you did you because I allowed it. No more. I want peace again."

"You still want to take credit for bringing me back to life, Nekron? You may have opened the doorway, but I was the one who walked through it," replies Hal as he blasts Nekron away from the Entity.

"Why? Life was an accident, Jordan. It has no meaning. It has no purpose," rants Mordred as he yanks Hal away with a black chain.

"Life doesn't give us purpose, Mordred," says Barry as he rescues Hal again. "We give life purpose."

"I may have some kind of morbid connection to Nekron, but I have a stronger collection to life." Hal grabs onto the Entity. "Everyone you think you allowed to come back did it themselves, Nekron. We ALL choose life when given the chance."

"CONNECTION SEVERED." Kal-El.

"CONNECTION SEVERED." Dimitri Medvedev.

"CONNECTION OVERRIDDEN." Diana.

"CONNECTION OVERRIDDEN." Barry.

"We're all connected." White power rings appear on the fingers of those converted to Black Lanterns, including Shein. "If anyone's a part of a White Lantern Corps, it's us!" A flash of white light and they are all wearing white uniforms.

A scream of pain emerges from Mordred. The White Lanterns point their rings at him.

"We chose to live again. Now we choose it for you."

The Entity puts its hands over Mordred.

"ALEXANDER MEDVEDEV OF RHEA. LIVE."

The white uniforms disappear as Mordred vomits a white ring. It flies through Nekron' heart, which causes him pain. It flies into the black battery.

"ANTI-MONITOR OF QWARD. LIVE."

The black battery explodes. The Anti-Monitor fires a beam of energy at Nekron. "I am your prisoner and power source no more, Nekron."

"Then you are nothing. Go back to your own universe, creature. This one is mine."

Mordred vomits out more white rings.

"NEKRON."

"No! You are the trespassers! You are the enemies of existence--!"

"LET THERE BE LIGHT."

Nekron explodes once more. White rings fly out.

"AMON TOMAZ OF EARTH."

"JENNIE-LYNN HAYDEN OF EARTH."

"ROBERT VALORUM OF RHEA."

"HANK HALL OF EARTH."

It goes on until twelve are selectedf.

"LIVE."

The ring deputies will no longer have their rings. Many an emotional welcome backs come. Deadman suffers a bit of an identity crisis, since he's no longer dead. Lex is tossed before the main Corpsmen by Larfleeze. And Mordred is noted to be missing, as well as the Indigo tribe.

"Shein!" Valorum tackles him.

--------------------------------------------------

On a far distant planet, the Indigo tribe have Mordred chained to a power staff, seeingly lobotomized.
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 9:10 am

The Selathorni again keep fighting, although the ones in orbit are beginning to feel like their in a madhouse...
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 2:01 pm

And Shein is completely stunned, twice. First the ring. Then Valorum? After all, Valorum was dead last he knew. "Wha?" Yeah, he's lost the power for rational thought at the moment. Though that's no surprise. He's very rarely rational.

Kennah, not knowing who the hell Valorum was, just aims her gun at him. She doesn't fire though. "Who the hell are you?"
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:18 pm

"Who are you? Where's Adriane? Why am I here?" He looks at the other Corps other than Green and Yellow. "We have even more colors?" He looks around. "Where're my wife and kids?"

"I'm sorry, Bob. They're not here," says Dmitri.

(OOC: There's no reason for the Selathorni to keep fighting. The Black Lanterns have spontaneously combusted with the banishment of Nekron.)
Back to top Go down
Rutianas
Admin
Rutianas

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Shein looks away when Adriane is mentioned. "Adriane was killed. Several years ago, actually. Arren killed the guy who did it. Kennah got me through it." He looks at Kennah, then motions for her to put her gun down before turning back to Valorum. "I did something I never thought I'd do. I married Kennah." He's quiet for a moment before adding the next comment. "Shanika was also killed. There's a lot you missed."

Kennah, realising that Shein knows Valorum, does lower the gun. She inclines her head toward him when her name is mentioned.

Assuming Arren's not needed anymore, he returns to Shein's side.
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:36 pm

"My God." He sits down, the shock of this all hitting him hard. "Tell me we at least killed that bastard, Mordred."

"We did severely injure him, but it took Parallax, the Sinestro Corps entity, to do that. He did die later, it seems, but he's back from the dead, too. No idea where he is now."

"Damn. Here's hoping he's in a world of hurt."

Last edited by Panzersharkcat on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Selathorn

Selathorn

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 9:39 am

(OOC: Oh, well pass.)
Back to top Go down
Burnination
Admin
Burnination

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 9:42 am

(OOC: Don't know what to say here.)
Back to top Go down
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 9:47 am

(OOC: You don't say anything. It's over. Oh, and Arren should feel withdrawal symptoms for the next few days. Wearing a power ring is really perks you up. You don't need to eat or sleep or drink, which is good, because using one takes a lot of mental effort, described as feeling like you haven't slept in days every time a construct is made. So yeah, like I said, the power rings can't go to just any schmuck. And yeah, I just said it was simultaneously draining and filling.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Blackest Night   The Blackest Night - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Blackest Night
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4