Korel - Nationstates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Korel - Nationstates

A forum for the Korel Region on Nationstates

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Military Sizes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Panzersharkcat
Admin
Panzersharkcat

Military Sizes Empty
PostSubject: Military Sizes   Military Sizes Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 8:02 am

Copied here from the old forum for the benefit of any new people.
Rutianas wrote:
I'm going to reference a very good thread on NationStates for this. (Thread: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4338 by Automagfreek)

Relevant portions:

Q: How do I make a military?

A: Simple, but there is no 'create army' button you press, you have to make it all up. While there is no fixed number as to what size your military can be, generally it is an age old rule of thumb that it remain 5% of your population. However you are not obligated to follow this guideline, though most experienced RPers would agree an excessively large military will wreck your economy.

Generally most armies don't have more than a few million men total, including reserves, logistics, medics, ground pounders, etc. This number can depend on how strong your economy is and how big your population is, large nations such as my own have militaries that are larger than the populations of entire nations.

Simply take your population and divide it by the percentage you want. Remember, a military cannot function soley with infantry. You need mechanics, medics, support, officers, etc. Just like in real life (even though NS is NOT real life). Use Wikipedia to get an idea of how to structure your military, I personally used to use the US military's structure as a reference.

Last edited by Rutianas on Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Editing for the quote color. Making it bright and white for easier reading. :D)
Back to top Go down

Military Sizes
Page 1 of 1